TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2006: Conference Semifinals

The refs are killing Dallas with fouls.

FYP. Seriously, I don't think one of Van Horn's five fouls were legit.

With that being said, I still think Dallas is going to get the job done here. Terry and Nowitzki just cannot be stopped on the offensive end.

I'm sitting here with a man who hates the Spurs, due to events in Lakers past. He is livid about the officiating.

This game is more fun to watch due to it.

I don't know why, but what I've personally found most interesting about this series has been seeing Tim Duncan posting up on Keith Van Horn, as I remembered that, although they were taken 1-2 in the 1997 NBA Draft, this is the first time that they've ever met in the playoffs.

This then got me to thinking: how many times have the #1-2 picks in the draft ever met in the playoffs? Since I'm lazy, I decided to limit my research to the Lottery era (1985-), but here's what I've discovered:

Since the inception of the Draft Lottery, there have only been four sets of #1-2 overall draft picks that have ever played against each other in the playoffs at any point in their careers:

1988 (Danny Manning [ATL]/Rik Smits [iND] - 1994)

1993 (Chris Webber [sAC]/Shawn Bradley [DAL] - 2002, 2003, 2004)

1997 (Tim Duncan [sAS]/Keith Van Horn [DAL] - 2006)

1998 (Michael Olowokandi [MIN]/Mike Bibby [sAC] - 2004)

That's probably it.

By it, I mean that Dallas will tie and Horry will win it.

Guest Brian

I know the officiating has been just awful this postseason...word,cannot.describe.

This is so frustrating. Every time Duncan gets a shot up, I know he's going to the line, regardless of whether he's even touched.

Guest Brian

If Robert Horry hits the game winning shot, I'm going to shoot someone tonight.

Mavericks choke, or Spurs showing championship heart?

Mavs choke. It's facilitated by Duncan getting away with two handed shoves to the back on "offensive rebounds", and a shoulder dip that would see Shaq get whistled for at least 3 charges per game. Duncan's getting more calls than even Jordan got back in the day, it's absurd.

I'm feeling good now. They won't dare give the game to San Antonio on a bullshit call, so Dallas should actually be allowed to play defense here. If that's the case, they can get a stop.