TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2006: Conference Semifinals

Lesson to be learned here? Do NOT lose Game 6 at home against a favorite, or get your ass whooped on the road in Game 7. McDyess robbed me of my margin of victory with that pointless dunk at the end. Bastard.

What an awesome end to the series. I know it was my hope to see a team set a record for the fewest points in the history of Game 7's and make maybe 3 shots in the second half. [/sarcasm]

You and Pistons fans must be the only people who want to see Detroit/Miami 2.
Well, I'd rather have seen New Jersey and Detroit, but I'll take Detorit/Miami over Cleveland/Miami.

Completely agreed on Mason, though; he needs to be dragged into the street and shot on the six o'clock news.

I actually wouldn't mind Detroit winning another title if, and only if, the PA guy got "accidentally" killed in the ensuing riot/partying/parade.

A new record for fewest points ever in a Game 7... the last record was Game 7 against the Nets in 04 (a series that unfolded EXACTLY like this one).

You know what this means:

More rule changes in the offseason!!!

(and by the way, the Cavs made a conscious decision to play half-court slow-down ball in the series, it was a good decision too that worked well, so the low scores are not all the pistons 'fault', of course i dont think its a bad thing at all)

Man. The Non-Lebrons really stunk up the joint tonight. NO reason Cleveland should have lost this game when the Pistons were quite literally triple teaming Lebron. Thats TWO guys wide open for those of you keeping count.

Ughhh, another playoff run by a Cleveland team coming up short in the books. I just want to see a Cleveland team (preferbly Browns or Cavs) win a championship before I die . . . and I'm 23. But hey, it's only been 42 years.

And no, the Cleveland Crunch/Force of the MISL doesn't count.

I didn't even watch most of games 4 and 5 because the Pistons were not playing like they are famous for, even under the Flip Era: Defense, Defense, Defense. They were keying too much (and yes, there is such a thing as too much) on LeBron and letting the shooters destroy them on the perimeter.

Game 6 was the adjustment that had to be made. Give LeBron different looks defensively and get to him immediately once he puts the ball on the floor. He may have sick amounts of talent but he is STILL 21 and will make mistakes. The problem is that by stretching this series out to seven games, LeBron's learning curve on how to win flattened out considerably. He is going to be a nightmare for the league for many years to come.

Game 7 was what games 4 and 5 should have been. Screw boring, only short attention span, i-need-action-now kind of people would rather watch the Suns win a 135-132 game where its a layup/dunk drill and 3 point shooting practice and no defense is being played at all. Fuck that, give me a game where offense comes in spurts, runs are being made at key times and defense is being played by both teams, and being played well.

Guest El Satanico

It's easy to play good defense, when there's only one guy hitting shots.

Guest Felonies!

I want the Clippers and Mavericks to win their respective games, 'specially the Mavs. However, now that I expressed this desire, Czech Republic Double-Choke Theory comes into play, and the Spurs and Suns will win.

Tonight is going to rule. Two game 7's to determine the WCF. It doesnt' get any better than that.

On ESPN SportsNation poll when asked who will win game 7, Clips or Suns, it's dead even at 50% with over 129,000 votes cast.

Guest Felonies!

TCRDCT > some fuckin' ESPN poll. I pick two outcomes for the penultimate playoff round, we get the opposite. Cubs-Red Sox? Marlins-Yankees. Senators-Wild? Devils-Mighty Ducks. Cardinals-Angels? Astros-White Sox. Just trust me on this.

Guest Princess Leena

I just hope the Clips put up a respectable performance. Winning would be gravy.

Guest Coffey

I really want the Clippers and the Mavs to win. Why? Because it'd be a good change of pace. If the Spurs win, man, I might quit watching the playoffs this year. I knew Detroit was going to win but I couldn't help but feel bummed out when they actually won. Phoenix/SA, Detroit/Miami. **SIGH**

Guest Felonies!

My dislike of Lebron trumps my dislike of the Pistons, so I didn't mind that much. I want the Mavericks to win it all, because if they do, maybe Mark Cuban will go "I need a new quest!" and sell off the Mavs having elevated their value multiple times over, buy the Cubs, and save us from the bean-counters at the Trib who don't care about winning. Can't spell Cuban without Cub!

I really want the Clippers and the Mavs to win. Why? Because it'd be a good change of pace. If the Spurs win, man, I might quit watching the playoffs this year. I knew Detroit was going to win but I couldn't help but feel bummed out when they actually won. Phoenix/SA, Detroit/Miami. **SIGH**

You and me both. Barring a huge upset tonight we've already seen how the Spurs/Suns, Pistons/Heat and Spurs/Pistons will turn out (again).

Guest Felonies!

Spurs-Pistons is Lakers-Celtics without the dichotomy: no style vs. substance, active coach vs. passive coach, black vs. white, West Coast vs. East Coast, God-given ability vs. diligent practice.

Wait. Spurs-Pistons isn't like Lakers-Celtics at all. This sucks. Team-oriented basketball isn't what we wanted after all!

Guest Felonies!

Spurs-Pistons is Lakers-Celtics, without any interesting dichotomies like active coach vs. passive coach, style vs. substance, black vs. white, any of that. So basically, Spurs-Pistons isn't like Lakers-Celtics at all. Spurs-Pistons blows. Team-oriented basketball kinda blows, actually. Oh, how we all clamored for it: "It's just MJ! It's just Shaq and Kobe!" Now we have full, complete, well-rounded teams, and it's a crashing bore.

Guest Felonies!

Spurs-Pistons is Lakers-Celtics, without any interesting dichotomies like active coach vs. passive coach, style vs. substance, black vs. white, any of that. So basically, Spurs-Pistons isn't like Lakers-Celtics at all. Spurs-Pistons blows. Team-oriented basketball kinda blows, actually. Oh, how we all clamored for it: "It's just MJ! It's just Shaq and Kobe!" Now we have full, complete, well-rounded teams, and it's a crashing bore.

Guest Felonies!

Guest Felonies!

I am pumped up for the Mavs/Spurs game tonight. Even though they've lost a couple in a row, I really think the Mavs can do it tonight.

The Mavs advancing means more of Mark Cuban and discussion of him on television, not to mention they're the favorite team of a former best friend who dicked me over. Hmm, I wonder if I want them to lose.

Again, no one can root against the Clippers unless they have a chunk of ice for a heart.

Guest Vitamin X

*has a chunk of ice for a heart*

I definitely don't want a WCF rematch, though. I really dislike the Spurs, and thankfully I feel they'll probably be eliminated tonight, hopefully to keep my Dallas-Detroit prediction alive.

I seem to have found this fascination with Miami winning it all and now want it to happen.

I never hated Shaq in the first place, so it makes it easier.

The Spurs advancing, however, means more crying from all the whiny ass cunts who claim they won't watch the Finals if the two best teams in the league advance again. I know for me, that's boredum at it's finest. :rolleyes:

Most of these same people, of course, were previously complaining about Kobe and/or LeBron being all over the media. This isn't wrestling, people.

The Spurs advancing, however, means more crying from all the whiny ass cunts who claim they won't watch the Finals if the two best teams in the league advance again. I know for me, that's boredum at it's finest. :rolleyes:

Most of these same people, of course, were previously complaining about Kobe and/or LeBron being all over the media. This isn't wrestling, people.

Maybe you can watch 7 games when you don't give a shit for either team, any player on either team, or the coaches, but I can't. Is it high quality hoops? Sure. But there's no reason for me to invest upwards of 21 hours of my life on something I have no interest in because I have no attachment to it whatsoever.

I'm sure everyone has their reasons for not wanting to see the series, and I don't really have a problem with that, that's their opinion. But I get tired of reading about it every year.

"I'm so tired of the Kobe/Shaq, LeBron, etc. media cocksucking!"

later, when all those teams are out

"Aww man, Spurs/Pistons? Boring~!"

I won't complain if the Clippers and/or Mavs win, but it's the same shit here every year, and it just gets tiresome.