TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

The Worst Wrestling Show of All-Time

Here's the one I attended.

WCW @ Nashville, TN - January 28, 2000 (2,019)

Disco Inferno defeated the Maestro

The Wall defeated Dustin Rhodes and Berlyn in an elimination match

WCW Hardcore Champion Brian Knobbs (w/ Fit Finlay) defeated Norman Smiley

Billy Kidman defeated Vampiro

Meng defeated Lex Luger

WCW Tag Team Champions Big Vito & Johnny the Bull defeated Ron & Don Harris and David Flair & Crowbar

Kevin Nash (w/ Jeff Jarrett) defeated Ric Flair via reverse decision

The show live was WORSE than it sounds on paper. It all sucked. Especially the main event. Kevin Nash had just become the commissioner, and before the match starts he declares the figure-4 leglock is banned. The match: Nash (who didn't take a single bump) slowly kicks Flair's ass for about five minutes. Flair makes an outta-nowhere comeback and slaps on the figure-4. Referee (Charles Robinson, making it make even less sense) disqualifies Flair. Nash and Jarrett stomp on Flair for a minute, celebrate, and leave. Flair eventually gets up and just walks to the back. That's it. The heel defeated the babyface, and also kicked his ass afterwards, all in the laziest manner possible. SHOW OVER. "Good night folks! Make sure to watch Monday Nitro!" And people wonder why I hate Nash so much.

EDIT: and oh yeah, that attendence figure is worked, there were maybe a thousand people there at best.

Oh god, I feel sorry for you, Jingus. I too went to a WCW house show in 2000, but this was more like July when Russomania was running wild. Booker/Jarrett was the main and there was some okay stuff on the undercard with the Jung Dragons, 3 Count, etc. Kidman and Shane Douglas. That show was at Freedom Hall (which holds about 19,000 people) and they made had 2,000 in the building. There was actually a scalper outside too! I mean who the fuck would actually scalp WCW tickets in 2000?

It was a fun time though. My brother and I sat next to a drunk redneck who was a ring crew guy for the USWA back in the day and he did nothing but piss on the show. That guy was awesome.

On the way home we got pulled over by the cops on a bogus stop saying the rear brake light was out...then I got out and took a look at it and it was fine. To this day I wonder what that was all about.

One of my biggest regrets wrestling wise was I never got to go to a WCW house show. Even when WCW was at their peak, their house shows sounded hilariously mediocre.

And god damn does that show Jingus went to sound horrible. The only match that sounds like it could be half-decent is Kidman-Vampiro and the one word that comes to mind when I remember their mini-feud around that time is "disappointing".

Say what you want about WWE but they know how to put on a house show 99% of the time and know how to send the fans home happy.

I've been to about 10 WWE house shows and none of them were actively bad . The worst one I attended was probably in 1995 which featured Shawn/Diesel v Men on a Mission and Bret/Lafitte on top.

But Rad Radford wrestled twice. And there was a Tony Devito match

I will say that other than Bret/Shawn, Sunny was the most over person on the card and played babyface to the crowd by pandering and waving (which was probably an ad lib as she was heel at the time)I actually felt sorry for Candido as no one cared about him.

The crowd was pathetic, especially for Albany which always seems to draw well for the company. Well it was was 1995

Card:

WWF @ Albany, NY - Knickerbocker Arena - August 13, 1995 (4,000)

Skip pinned Bob Holly when the momentum of a crossbody off the top rope by Holly put Skip on top

Rad Radford pinned Tony Devito with a norhtern lights suplex

Adam Bomb pinned Rad Radford (sub. for an injured Henry Godwinn)

The Blu Twins defeated Lex Luger & Davey Boy Smith

Hunter Hearst Helmsley pinned the 1-2-3 Kid with the Pedigree

WWF World Champion Diesel & WWF IC Champion Shawn Michaels defeated Men on a Mission when Diesel pinned Sir Mo with the powerbomb

Razor Ramon defeated Psycho Sid via disqualification when Ted Dibiase interfered

Savio Vega (sub. for Bam Bam Bigelow) defeated Tatanka in a strap match

Bret Hart pinned Jean Pierre Laffiette with a roll up

Speaking of Nash, I went to a Raw taping in July, 1995. This would also be at the Gardens and unlike even the house shows from 1993-94 I went to, this wasn't sold out. This was a RAW mind you. The dark match main event was Sid vs. Diesel in a cage, so after Raw wrapped up they spent about 20 minutes putting up this cage. This match was pointless trash too, it went about 5 mins. and Nash kicked Sid in the face and then pinned him. There was a feeling in the building like "WTF? That's all?"