TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CurryMan

World Cup 2006 in Germany

A friend brought up a great point last night, Tim Cahill's stock has just risen a great amount after scoring those two goals. I assume he'll be getting much better offers from clubs in the future.

Problem for Cahill is that most "big" clubs have a Goalscoring midfielder, might be a good Paul Scholes replacement at Man Utd though.

Guest CurryMan

I missed the Australia - Japan game was Cahill only a sub and why if that was the case?

Cahill was only a sub, yes. I think Guus Hiddink wanted to start Wilkshire again, he's in love with that kid. I assume that Cahill will start against Brazil, and that John Aloisi will be subbed on late in the game again if we're in need of a late goal. I'm a lot more confident about the Brazil game today then I was yesterday.

I think Guus Hiddink wanted to start Wilkshire again, he's in love with that kid.

Must be the only one then, we've had him on the transfer list for 6 months and the only interest was from Blackpool, his contracts up in 2 weeks and he's been talking of going back to Australia.

I don't know what Hiddink sees in him either. But, In Guus We Trust, the man's a cult hero down here now. I'm putting an Aloisi jersey on order this week.

Koromans not even a Pompey player any more! Bastard. He'd have done me proud if he got injured after 10 minutes, scored right at the death then disapeared at the final whistle. Actually, by all accounts he's a good player, but still. No more loyalty from me unless he signs with us.

Kudos to Aloisi, at least he stayed with us for a few seasons.

Brazil is amazing. Haven't scored yet, but every time they bring it down it seems like they've got a great chance.

Ronaldinho is simply ridiculous.

Kaka (second only to Loco in best name area) scored.

Croatia's building pressure in the 55th minute.

I'm still very angry and saddened about the US loss.

Guest Princess Leena

I'm very pleased with the US team's performance They're well on pace to match their '98 performance. Just need another 0-3 score against Italia, plus a loss to Ghana, and they've got a shot for it.

I'm very pleased with the US team's performance They're well on pace to match their '98 performance. Just need another 0-3 score against Italia, plus a loss to Ghana, and they've got a shot for it.

Best players are on the bench?

The best part was the comment from someone that the US group was the 'Group of Death'. I actually laughed at that.

Whatever. Americans are never really that jazzed about international play, nor are we jazzed about soccer, so when it comes to international soccer, it's just plenty of apathy. So what if Felonies! is better at running up and down a field than the USA? We have bigger fish to fry.

Also, I hear that Europeans treat Team USA like shit. That's classy, guys.

Whatever. Americans are never really that jazzed about international play, nor are we jazzed about soccer, so when it comes to international soccer, it's just plenty of apathy. So what if Felonies! is better at running up and down a field than the USA? We have bigger fish to fry.

Also, I hear that Europeans treat Team USA like shit. That's classy, guys.

Because they know we have all of this damn talent in football and just come off like, "Who cares, it's only soccer right?"

They deserved to be treated like shit. They showed no life in the first game of the World Cup. Hell, the teams that know they have no shot in hell of scoring a GOAL showed more life than Team USA in game 1. We have no bigger fish to fry in sports because when it comes to competing against other countries, we roll over and die.

Good thing things on this planet aren't completely decided by sports else we'd be a third world country.

We have bigger fish to fry.

Like a whole group of sports that the rest of the world doesn't know or care about?

Anyway, Ecuador looking good to go through here. Could be an interesting second round tie for England.

No Ecuador, you can't go through! Bad Ecuador! WE are the cinderella! AUSTRALIA!

ECUADOR!! ECUADOR!! ECUADOR!!

3-0 against Costa Rica and now we just have to tie with Germany to finish first in our group, awaiting either Sweden or Paraguay. I'd prefer either of them rather than England.

Would'nt it be great if Tridad & Tobago had 4 ties in the World Cup?

they can only get three ties since there are only three games in group play

Anyway, John Terry just saved England's ass as he cleared a ball at the line

Would'nt it be great if Tridad & Tobago had 4 ties in the World Cup?

they can only get three ties since there are only three games in group play

Anyway, John Terry just saved England's ass as he cleared a ball at the line

Can they advance to the next round on 3 points then get another tie in the 2nd round?