TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Alex Gordon rookie card fiasco

Alex Gordon was one of the top picks in last years draft. He hasn't played in a major league game. His rookie cards are selling for like $3500-$7500.

These are non autographed, non game used BASE TOPPS cards. Why??

Well - MLB itself instituted a new rule this season that all players appearing on cards must be on the teams 40 man roster. They had to pull Alex at the last minute because he didn't make the 40 man roster - but a few cards slipped out and are selling for a mint.

Joy bidders on eBay? Not really - the winning bidder in 90% of the auctions is Keith Olbermann. A huge card collector.

Alot of these are being found in Walmart - so if you happen to see a rack pack w/ Gordon's card on the top...buy it. You can cash in like this guy.

Rack pack bought by Olbermann

Crazy.

We have like nine of these in the Walmart near me. I gotta find some money if people are being stupid enough to buy them.

Guest Princess Leena

Was that the one with the swearing on his bat knob? I always wanted one of those.

Anyway, how soon until this drops to a nickel once people realize he plays for the Royals and don't care.

My friends bought a few of these boxes chasing that gordon card. No luck.

We have like nine of these in the Walmart near me. I gotta find some money if people are being stupid enough to buy them.

Nine boxes of the Topps set, or nine copies of the Alex Gordon card? For some reason, I doubt that 1/10 of the Gordon cards in existence are sitting at your local Walmart.

My sister has the Blly Ripken card with the swear word on the bat handle. I remember when that card was going for $50 initally, and now it is worth five dollars.

We both bought packs to try and get the card, and she got the swear word card, and I got the card of his that had it blacked out worth about ten cents.

Nine boxes of the Topps set, or nine copies of the Alex Gordon card? For some reason, I doubt that 1/10 of the Gordon cards in existence are sitting at your local Walmart.

Nine boxes. I remember one had a Royals player on the top but I didn't check because like Leena said, it was a Royals player.

My sister has the Blly Ripken card with the swear word on the bat handle. I remember when that card was going for $50 initally, and now it is worth five dollars.

We both bought packs to try and get the card, and she got the swear word card, and I got the card of his that had it blacked out worth about ten cents.

Not that anyone probably cares, but there's also a much more rare version with the phrase whited out instead of blacked out that was still up around $30 the last time I saw.