TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Official Judgement Day Thread

--Johnny Nitro & Melina are being moved to Raw as opposed to being suspended.

--Vickie Guerrero was asked to come to last night's show and was there going over scripts for possible involvement in the upcoming Chavo Guerrero storyline

Da Meltz.

I thought they were over that type of deal. Guess not.

WWE almost never pass up the chance to exploit things that are better left alone.

Guest Princess Leena

Vicki and Chavo should be the ones to say "enough is enough" with this garbage...

Vicki and Chavo should be the ones to say "enough is enough" with this garbage...

That's a great point. Vicki and Chavo have the ultimate say so in this situation.

Perhaps I was just hoping WWE wouldn't even go there so Vicki and Chavo wouldn't have to say "enough is enough".

That's a great point. Vicki and Chavo have the ultimate say so in this situation.

Unless she really needs the money, Vicki should put her foot down and stop this. Chavo can't really say no or he'll be given the usual punishment people get for speaking out.

Guest Princess Leena

Unless she really needs the money, Vicki should put her foot down and stop this. Chavo can't really say no or he'll be given the usual punishment people get for speaking out.

I can understand Chavo, as he probably has to play along to remain employed by WWE, long-term.

Vicki, I'm disappointed in. It's not like she's in poverty.

On the latest PWInsider audio report they say that there is a LOT of talk about them giving Mark Henry the World Title, and would lead to MH vs. Kurt Angle, only this time with Henry as champ and Kurt trying to take it from him.

I'm all for Booker T as champ.

Him and Sharmell have really proved their worth in my opinion, and it's time for him to be able to cash in.

I can understand Chavo, as he probably has to play along to remain employed by WWE, long-term.

Vicki, I'm disappointed in. It's not like she's in poverty.

Meltz reported awhile back that Eddie had left Vicki bankrupt and they were going to have to sell the new house just after they moved into it.

Well, that changes my view on Eddie.

Yeah, that's the dark side of his death. Not only do we lose out on his brilliance but we find out that Eddie never really did kick his demons and he was just as much on the edge as he was in 2001.

Guest J0bber
I kinda hate to say this...

But the sorta push Khali is getting is the push they should have given Big Show when he came into the company in 99.

I actually support the way they are booking Khali. A powerful giant needs to be booked like a powerful giant, even if that giant doesn't have the best wrestling ability. Andre was booked like this, and despite his limited wrestling ability, became a great star. Don't give up on Khali yet. Maybe with time he will go on to great things as a giant.

Guest Princess Leena

Hey, someone else who realizes this booking of Khali isn't the worst thing ever. :P

Hate his wrestling talent all you want... but, the guy is a legit giant.

And I fully agree with Chris that Show should have got this kind of push when he joined WWE... especially after his WCW run.

Andre, had limited wrestling ability? Please. Someone needs to realize Andre wasn't just the broken down freak show attraction he was pushed as from 1984-1989.

Guest wildpegasus

Yeah, that's the dark side of his death. Not only do we lose out on his brilliance but we find out that Eddie never really did kick his demons and he was just as much on the edge as he was in 2001.

What are you getting at here?

Is it wrong to be bankrupt? Eddie and correct me if I'm wrong was in a lot of financial trouble but had rectified a lot of that and was on his way to becoming financially stable. That's part of the dark side of his death?

Also, are you inferring Eddie was out of it on drugs as bad as he was in 2001? Once again, correct me if I'm wrong but Eddie was just taking enough pills for the pain and not for recreational use. That was documented before he died and there's been no evidence of anyting different.

Guest Princess Leena

If he left Vicki with no money, when he making well in the 6 digit+ range, then he had to have some major issues.

On the financial part, he was on the way is correct. Problem was he died on the way. Therefore, Vicki and Co. were stuck and since they were a single income family, that takes a bite into finances.

As far as drugs, Eddie may not have been abusing painkillers, but it was no secret he had been on steroids and GH something fierce even throughout his final year. The autopsy stated his organs had grown larger and that contributed to his death.

Guest J0bber

Andre the Giant wasn't what you call a superb technical star, but he was great because of his massive size. When you're that big, you don't need to be so great of a wrestler because just your size will draw, especially with the marks. Why depush a man of Khali's size whose kind is unseen in the wrestling industry? Don't give up on a guy so fast. Remember what happened with Mordecai and Hassan? They both could have been great stars, but the WWE gave up on their pushes several weeks after their debut. Let's hope they don't blow it in this once in a generation chance with Khali.

Is it wrong to be bankrupt? Eddie and correct me if I'm wrong was in a lot of financial trouble but had rectified a lot of that and was on his way to becoming financially stable. That's part of the dark side of his death?

Also, are you inferring Eddie was out of it on drugs as bad as he was in 2001? Once again, correct me if I'm wrong but Eddie was just taking enough pills for the pain and not for recreational use. That was documented before he died and there's been no evidence of anyting different.

No, the dark side being we had to learn about what was really going on in Eddie's life. Learning that he was still dependent on painkillers after claiming he was drug-free and that Eddie still was abusing roids.

There's nothing wrong with being bankrupt, it just means you can't handle money and Eddie, wasn't expecting to die that young and probably thought he'd solve his problems by pushing himself harder @ his job.

Guest wildpegasus

No, the dark side being we had to learn about what was really going on in Eddie's life. Learning that he was still dependent on painkillers after claiming he was drug-free and that Eddie still was abusing roids.

There's nothing wrong with being bankrupt, it just means you can't handle money and Eddie, wasn't expecting to die that young and probably thought he'd solve his problems by pushing himself harder @ his job.

But "everyone" knew that Eddie was still using painkillers to get through his matches. How did his death reveal that? Reportably, he wasn't addicted and was just using enough to get through his matches.

Roids are a different story. I don't think I want to get into that now. We do know that wrestlers "don't think of roids as drugs" so I don't really count that as Eddie lying.

Eddie from what I heard had recovered a lot financially at the end of it. Yes, he wasn't out of the woods yet but instead of being lost like he once was he could now see a clearing. That would indicate that he was handling money better at the end of it.

It's too bad Booker would probably be nothing more than a transitional champ.

Even if that's so, I'll be glad to see Booker T with the title. It should've happened at WM19, but whatever, aslong as Booker T gets a title regin.

Andre the Giant wasn't what you call a superb technical star, but he was great because of his massive size. When you're that big, you don't need to be so great of a wrestler because just your size will draw, especially with the marks. Why depush a man of Khali's size whose kind is unseen in the wrestling industry? Don't give up on a guy so fast. Remember what happened with Mordecai and Hassan? They both could have been great stars, but the WWE gave up on their pushes several weeks after their debut. Let's hope they don't blow it in this once in a generation chance with Khali.

Hassan was a different story. WWE got screwed over by UPN because of the whole Hassan/Undertaker storyline happend after the London trains were bombed by terrorist, so they made the WWE get rid of the Hassan character. He was suppose to main event Summerslam againest Batista, before it all happend.

Mordecai & Hassan would've been big stars? Hassan was limited in the ring, overrated on the mic, and lacked the passion for the business. Plus, all his heat was cheap heat without any staying power. That doesn't scream out "future superstar".

Mordecai was just Undertaker-light, on top of being heatless, charismaless, and bad in the ring.

And don't compare Khali to Andre. In his time, a man of Andre's size was a rarity in the sports world. Now, we've already seen Andre, Giant Gonzalez, Big Show (to name a few), plus "real sports" stars like Manute Bol, Gheorghe Muresan, Shawn Bradley, Yao Ming. Being really, really big isn't as awe inspiring as it once was. "Being big" is the only similarity between Khali & Andre.

Surprisingly, Judgement Day was overall a good show.

As expected, Finlay/Benoit was great.

Booker/Lashley was solid.

Good tag match.

Even JBL/Rey was OK.

The only bad point was Khali/Taker(no big shock). I guess we're all just going to have to accept Khali is here to stay. As much as I hate Khali, I have to say, I respect Taker's willingness to put him over.

Other times the United States Champion has faced the World Heavyweight Champion:

Ric Flair Vs. Hollywood Hogan - Clash of the Champions 33

Diamond Dallas Page Vs. Sting - March 23, 1998 edition of Nitro

Bill Goldberg Vs. Hollywood Hogan - July 6, 1998 edition of Nitro

Jeff Jarrett Vs. Sid Vicious - February 14, 2000 edition of Nitro

Scott Steiner Vs. Jeff Jarrett - June 19, 2000 edition of Nitro

Lance Storm Vs. Booker T - August 7, 2000 edition of Nitro

Booker T Vs. Scott Steiner - March 26, 2001 - The Final Nitro

Kurt Angle Vs. Chris Jericho - Rebellion 2001

I know there's been more occasions than that, but I can't think of any more at the moment.