TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Official Judgement Day Thread

Good show overall tonight. Typical WCW-esque show, everything was solid up until the main event. Benoit vs Finlay was fantastic, and I was shocked that they got almost 20 minutes, the rest of the roster should really be taking notes from these guys. I almost went into convulsions laughing at how bad Undertaker vs Khali was, that match is going to be legendary. The ME wasn't bad, but was fairly standard stuff.

On that note, was tonight the first time The Undertaker has ever lost 100% Clean? I can't think of a single other match in which he has lost without the use of a weapon, or because of outside interference. Anyone?

Guest wildpegasus

Kama beat him clean on a tag match on Monday Night Raw one time.

Taker loses clean more often than people seem to think. Didn't he do like a dozen clean jobs to Ultimate Warrior on house shows, and I believe Hogan beat him clean as well in the rematch in the early 90s at Survivor Series?

Melina could serve as Mick Foley's Lita.

Which would lead to the mutants begging for a Lita/Melina lesbian angle.

Yikes, as cheap as it is, that would draw hugely.

Taker loses clean more often than people seem to think. Didn't he do like a dozen clean jobs to Ultimate Warrior on house shows, and I believe Hogan beat him clean as well in the rematch in the early 90s at Survivor Series?

The rematch with Hogan wasn't clean. Hogan threw ashes in Undertaker's eyes to set-up the win, which lead to the title being held up and being on the line in the '92 Rumble.

The return of Edge's Live Sex segments or whatever ?

This PPV sounded decent, I wanna watch the Benoit/ Finlay match, the MNM stuff, King Booker!, and the Title match. And I wanna see Khali, for some fucked up reason.

I'll def. DL this from E-donkey, and give a watch.

Chavo needs to completly shave his head, get at least as jacked as Benoit, and change his entire character, if he turns heel and goes for Rey's title.

Austin beat him clean at Summer Slam 98.

Angle beat him perfectly clean at NWO this year too.

The second one doesn't count though since they tried to play it off as a "controversial" ending

Booker T vs Rey Mysterio at the Great American Bash for the "WCW" Title.

Shit, if you could take a picture of it, go back in time 7 years, you could probably fool people about it still happening in WCW and not WWE.

Booker T wins..and the "fight" sets up Booker vs Batista at Summerslam.

This is too easy.

This would happen in a perfect world but no way Booker T is going to win the belt. If he wins the World Title I'll mark like a little schoolgirl 'cause Booker T is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time and he has been great as a Heel the last couple of months.

The return of Edge's Live Sex segments or whatever ?

A Lita/Melina live sex celebration. Everyone would tune in hoping to see a tit pop out again if for nothing else.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

I liked Taker vs Khali I was marking out hard for Taker's comebacks and I popped for the 1-2-3 due to shock

Best PPV since WM 17 or Greed.

Opener was fun, more in the "you push guys strong on TV for 5 weeks and they will get over" kind of way.

Benoit/Finlay was incredible. Best match they have ever had against each other.

Booker/Lashley started slow and picked up really well.

Henry/Angle was much better than expected since Angle didn't throw Henry all over the ring.

Rey/JBL rocked. Would have been an easy MOTN if not for Benoit/Finlay. I just wish Rey could have had the blood coming out from his mask a little bit easier.

Tim

Speaking of Booker...

Has it been confirmed that he's the Number 1 Contender for the title now?

I mean, I heard it mentioned on Velocity...but how many WWE higher ups REALLY pay attention to that?

Considering that Paul London has about 3-4 #1 contenderships stocked up from Velocity and has yet to get a single shot, chances are low that they don't pay attention.

I'm shocked they haven't accidently done London/Helms not thinking there was such a "#1 contendership" to London's name.

Well, to be fair, Helms got hurt not long after London won the #1 contender shot. And after Helms returned, London was already involved in the feud w/ MNM. It wouldn't make sense to have him beat Helms, nor do a pointless job (unless MNM cost him the win).

From Meltzer

JBL vs. Mysterio is in the ring. Good match. Usual series of ref bumps and Mysterio won clean after kicking a chair into JBL's face, a 619 and a frog splash.

Clean huh?

I really hope when Melina and Nitro come back from their suspension they reform MNM, or else WWE is making a big mistake.

Lashley really showed his pontential last night and wrestled his best match since entering the WWE. And he still looked stronge despite losing. I'm praying they give the World Title to Booker. That was my MOTN.

Rey/JBL was also awesome, espically the ending.

From Meltzer

JBL vs. Mysterio is in the ring. Good match. Usual series of ref bumps and Mysterio won clean after kicking a chair into JBL's face, a 619 and a frog splash.

Clean huh?

JBL brought in the chair in the ring and was going to use it on Rey, therefore it was clean.

I really hope when Melina and Nitro come back from their suspension they reform MNM, or else WWE is making a big mistake.

I'm not so sure about that. Without saying it explicitly, Meltzer really made it seem like they've buried themselves completely and politics will keep them held down.

It's more of a public humiliation, as all WWE fans know that "suspended" or "fired" on live TV or PPV is code for "they fucked up badly".

If anybody knows of a link to Benoit/Finlay (cause it'll only be on YouTube for 5 mins) I'd be obliged.

I agree it's a solid-looking PPV show. The good could be really good, but the bad, oh man, could be atrocious (I'm looking at YOU, Great Khali.)

Hopefully Kurt is good enough to go with Henry, so that he "permanently injures" him and we never have to see Henry even near the mid-card, let alone the main event. I'm looking for a Tag Title change where both teams are allowed to go all out, a good and successful Cruiserweight defense on the part of Helms, and Rey Misterio FINALLY having a successful World Title defense against all odds.

Seems like I was pretty much spot on with my predictions. :)

Guest Princess Leena

Taker-Khali definitely wasn't the disaster people thought it would be...

Granted, Khali took no bumps... but, he didn't fuck up. Taker did his best selling for him, and amazingly made someone look strong. Good stuff.

Undertaker vs. Khali wasn’t bad as much as it was incredibly boring. Undertaker, to his credit, tried everything he could to get something out of Khali, but Khali is just beyond hope when it comes to trying to work even a half decent match with the guy. And after how strong Khali was put over Undertaker, where do you go with him? He can’t lose to anybody or that rare clean and decisive pinfall loss from Undertaker will have been wasted, and at the same time Khali isn’t someone you can push to the top simply because there’s no way, even more after Sunday, that the people will buy anyone having any kind of competitive match against him. Not only that, it seems obvious that when Undertaker finally gets his climactic win over Khali it’s going to require something special and/or spectacular, in which case how is anyone else supposed to credibly beat Khali? It’ll have taken Undertaker pulling out all the stops to beat Khali, so how are we meant to believe that anything less can get the job done? The Khali program makes for a harmless short-term deal for Undertaker, but it can’t be prolonged for long, because they’ll be booking themselves into a corner when it comes to what they can do with Khali until it does finish.

And Da Meltz said on The Law on Sunday that when JBL was going over, the plan was for him to face Mark Henry, presumably on the next Smackdown PPV.

--Johnny Nitro & Melina are being moved to Raw as opposed to being suspended.

--Vickie Guerrero was asked to come to last night's show and was there going over scripts for possible involvement in the upcoming Chavo Guerrero storyline

Da Meltz.

Guest Princess Leena

A possible Melina/Mickie James feud sounds very fun to me.

--Johnny Nitro & Melina are being moved to Raw as opposed to being suspended.

--Vickie Guerrero was asked to come to last night's show and was there going over scripts for possible involvement in the upcoming Chavo Guerrero storyline

Da Meltz.

I thought they were over that type of deal. Guess not.