TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Stacy Keibler suffers seizure: rushed to NYC Hospital

I like Samuel Jackson, but has he ever been in anything that was a success... where he was the main star of it?

Die Hard?

Edit: N/M I read it as Bruce Willis not Sam Jackson...

I'm not sure some of those A list people are even A list anymore. Harrison Ford is past his prime now and can't draw anymore. Aside from Sin City I can't think of a recent Willis movie that was much of a critical or commercial success. I'm also dubious on Samuel Jackson being truly A list. As in does his name alone draw money? If he's in something that's really good it'll draw, but a ho hum vehicle doesn't attract much attention.

I'd say A list people are Tom Cruise (even despite his bizarre antics), Jim Carrey, Will Smith, Reese Witherspoon

In regards to Jessica Alba, what is that one successful movie she's in? Sin City or Fantastic 4? Both of those were very successful.

Jessica Alba wasn't the star or main attraction in either Sin City or Fantastic 4.

Alba isn't in Sam Jackson's league or Willis for that matter.

She is nothing more than something pretty to look at, her acting skills are zilch. The one movie that she was the star was "Honey" and that flopped miseably.

To further add to your point, she was the star name in Into the Blue which was so bad people forget to mock it.

I knew there was some other "B" movie she was the star of but I couldn't think of it. Into the Blue was also a bigtime flop....

I like Samuel Jackson, but has he ever been in anything that was a success... where he was the main star of it?

Die Hard?

Shaft, S.W.A.T, Coach Carter were Jackson vehicles that were successful. He has obviously been parts of franchise movies like Star Wars, Incredibles, Jurassic Park, Kill Bill and of course, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown.

When you are a star that gets used for big money franchise films, you are a-listed.

We're not arguing "who is the biggest box office draw", we're arguing "who is considered an A-list celebrity." You don't have to be the "main star" to be considered an A-list celebrity. You have to be a big enough name that grabs people's attention when they hear it. They are sought-out to be associated with projects because it makes people feel better about the project to have them on board.

Samuel L. Jackson is a big enough star that he got himself parts in many of the major films of the last 10 years. THAT is the A-list.

Die Hard?

Shaft, S.W.A.T, Coach Carter were Jackson vehicles that were successful. He has obviously been parts of franchise movies like Star Wars, Incredibles, Jurassic Park, Kill Bill and of course, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown.

When you are a star that gets used for big money franchise films, you are a-listed.

I wasn't arguing Sam Jackson wasn't A-List, just fixing my post when I misread what KOAB posted...

Sam Jackson is absolutley A-list....

We're not arguing "who is the biggest box office draw", we're arguing "who is considered an A-list celebrity." You don't have to be the "main star" to be considered an A-list celebrity. You have to be a big enough name that grabs people's attention when they hear it. They are sought-out to be associated with projects because it makes people feel better about the project to have them on board.

Samuel L. Jackson is a big enough star that he got himself parts in many of the major films of the last 10 years. THAT is the A-list.

I agree.

Guest JustPassinBy

Die Hard?

Sam Jackson is absolutley A-list....

To put it another way, you wont be finding Samuel Jackson on The Hollywood Squares. However, Jessica Simpson is not an A-lister. Neither is Jessica Alba or Eva Longoria. Those 3 are hot chics, but not like big movie stars.

Any 3 of them could pop up on Hollywood Squares.

glad to hear shes ok, but whts the deal, is she still under wwe contract or what? if so why hasnt vince forced her back to work, you notice though they added her back to the raw opening video

She's still under contract until July.

Now that Stacy has money in her pocket, Vince can't force her to do shit. It's the flipside of the "independent contractor" status WWE wants to keep up.