TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Stacy Keibler suffers seizure: rushed to NYC Hospital

Seriously, why would Playboy make her an offer? You've already seen her only asset thousands of times over the years. Why should Hef pay 6 figures or better for her to show the mosquito bites?

Because of the magazine sales numbers.

Seriously, why would Playboy make her an offer? You've already seen her only asset thousands of times over the years. Why should Hef pay 6 figures or better for her to show the mosquito bites?

Because of the magazine sales numbers.

Who would promote her in the mag? She's basically trying to cut ties with the WWE, and Keibler's not a big enough name to warrant huge sales on her own. If you're going to waste money get a household name.

What are you talking about? Keibler got more mainstream pub with her DWTS run and her Stuff magazine layouts than she ever did with WWE. She has been with WWE since 2001, yet it wasn't until she did DWTS did the National Inquirer and other tabloid/celebrity magazines give a shit about her.

What are you talking about? Keibler got more mainstream pub with her DWTS run and her Stuff magazine layouts than she ever did with WWE. She has been with WWE since 2001, yet it wasn't until she did DWTS did the National Inquirer and other tabloid/celebrity magazines give a shit about her.

Why did Sable, and a manbeast like Chyna have some of the highest selling issues ever? Was it because they were that good looking? Or did maybe months upon months of promotion on WWE TV have anything to do with it? There's a difference between being more recognizable, and having promotion behind an appearance. If the WWE doesn't back her, how will word get out? She's not a household name. She's not Jessica Alba, or Jessica Simpson or someone of that ilk who Hef could recoup a hefty appearance fee from due to added sales.

Uh, she doesn't need WWE to promote her any longer. She's already a household name. Yes, she's not A-list like Jessica Alba or Simpson, but she's a bigger name because of DWTS. You don't think WWE fans wouldn't find out that Stacy Keibler posed in Playboy just because WWE doesn't promote her or they wouldn't buy the issue because she is no longer a WWE employee?

She doesn't need WWE to promote if she were to lay down for playboy. This is pretty moot anyways since she isn't going to pose, so it's stupid to discuss this any further.

Uh, she doesn't need WWE to promote her any longer. She's already a household name. Yes, she's not A-list like Jessica Alba or Simpson, but she's a bigger name because of DWTS. You don't think WWE fans wouldn't find out that Stacy Keibler posed in Playboy just because WWE doesn't promote her or they wouldn't buy the issue because she is no longer a WWE employee?

She doesn't need WWE to promote if she were to lay down for playboy. This is pretty moot anyways since she isn't going to pose, so it's stupid to discuss this any further.

You're missing my point. Who was the last (quasi)celeb to pose for Playboy? Assuming you know who it is, what was the spike in purchases simply because Celeb X was in it? Keibler's not going to crack sales records because the only way you do that is with incessant promotion, and that's not something she'll get from nonpartisan outlets. In the never gonna happen but fun to speculate game, I'd go so far as to say that a complete unknown like Katharine McPhee would outsell Stacey just because more people watch American Idol than DWTS, and she's more recent. I don't think most wrestling fans even buy the Playboy issues when you can just get the pics online anyway, but that's just me.

You're missing my point. Who was the last (quasi)celeb to pose for Playboy? Assuming you know who it is, what was the spike in purchases simply because Celeb X was in it? Keibler's not going to crack sales records because the only way you do that is with incessant promotion, and that's not something she'll get from nonpartisan outlets. In the never gonna happen but fun to speculate game, I'd go so far as to say that a complete unknown like Katharine McPhee would outsell Stacey just because more people watch American Idol than DWTS, and she's more recent. I don't think most wrestling fans even buy the Playboy issues when you can just get the pics online anyway, but that's just me.

I still think Stacy is still under WWE contract, I think she's just riding it out until it expires. If she agrees to do Playboy before it expired, which is highly unlikely because she still refuses to do Playboy, WWE would promote the hell out of it.

Stacy's numbers would be decent by not great without WWE promoting her. Her appearance on DWTS did a lot for her notoriety and fame. But there is no way in hell she'd generate Sable/Chyna/Torrie Wilson numbers without WWE promoting her appearance.

Stacy in Playboy would outsell Christy Hemme in Playboy, even if she didn't have WWE promoting it.

And the only way her nude pics would be appealing is if they have some great ass/pussy shots.

But yeah, good to hear she's alright, seizure's are no joke.

Someone said a few days about about how wrestling fans always turn on wrestlers/personalities if they go outside the wrestling business.

This thread has proven that some people can't accept that some of these people don't need the mighty Vince McMahon to survive. More people watched Stacy on DWTS, then Raw ever drew. Stacy was an side-act on Raw and was rarely a feature player. With DWTS, she was THE STAR. Jerry Rice and Drew Lachey already were famous in their own right, Stacy was a virtual unknown and become the talk of a top ranked national network program. She was the lead story for ET, Acess Hollywood and Extra.

She's a part of ABC's promotional package and you can be assured that once she's out of the WWE contract for good, she will be finding her way on an ABC sitcom or drama.

Ok, let it be known. In light of recent events... It is plain that Stacy Keibler needs some one to keep an eye on her as she is a Hollywood investment in the making. Therefore I volunteer MY time and good charity to be responsible for Miss Keibler in her "off-hours". Then it's just a waiting game til she has another seizure and then I...

UMAGA!!!!!

Uh, she doesn't need WWE to promote her any longer. She's already a household name. Yes, she's not A-list like Jessica Alba or Simpson, but she's a bigger name because of DWTS.

You have a funny definition of A-list.

Guest Coffey

Alba and Simpson are rich, famous and still relevant. That pretty much embodies A-List.

Alba and Simpson are rich, famous and still relevant. That pretty much embodies A-List.

A-list: Harrison Ford, Julia Roberts, George Clooney, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert DeNiro, Bruce Willis, Bono, Oprah Winfrey. People who have had multiple hit shows/movies/albums and are world famous. Those are the top of the entertainment industry.

Alba's famous for being an internet masturbation darling and has only been in one successful movie. Simpson somehow managed to turn a failing music career into reality show stardom and has a become a supermarket tabloid regular.

In short, they're not in the same league.

Hope she gets better.

As for her "star power," there is big difference in being a hit on cable TV (Sable, Chyna, etc.) and being a hit on network television (Stacy). Then there's the whole image thing. Being in Playboy means nothing, in fact, I think it does more harm than good. Stacy on network TV dancing in hot dresses is a classy image. Being on a lowbrow wrestling show posing for nude magazines to appease 14-year-olds...not so much. I seriously hope Trish never does it. Well, the nude thing, anyway.

Stacy never really needed McMahon, either. She was brought to WWE because of her popularity in WCW, and because Vince has a blond fetish. And what did she get out of it, anyway, besides a job?

Guest Coffey

A-list: Harrison Ford, Julia Roberts, George Clooney, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert DeNiro, Bruce Willis, Bono, Oprah Winfrey. People who have had multiple hit shows/movies/albums and are world famous. Those are the top of the entertainment industry.

Alba's famous for being an internet masturbation darling and has only been in one successful movie. Simpson somehow managed to turn a failing music career into reality show stardom and has a become a supermarket tabloid regular.

In short, they're not in the same league.

I disagree. Hollywood is all about "what have you done for me lately." Who the fuck cares about fuckin' Bono!?!?

I'm not sure some of those A list people are even A list anymore. Harrison Ford is past his prime now and can't draw anymore. Aside from Sin City I can't think of a recent Willis movie that was much of a critical or commercial success. I'm also dubious on Samuel Jackson being truly A list. As in does his name alone draw money? If he's in something that's really good it'll draw, but a ho hum vehicle doesn't attract much attention.

I'd say A list people are Tom Cruise (even despite his bizarre antics), Jim Carrey, Will Smith, Reese Witherspoon

In regards to Jessica Alba, what is that one successful movie she's in? Sin City or Fantastic 4? Both of those were very successful.

I'm not sure some of those A list people are even A list anymore. Harrison Ford is past his prime now and can't draw anymore. Aside from Sin City I can't think of a recent Willis movie that was much of a critical or commercial success. I'm also dubious on Samuel Jackson being truly A list. As in does his name alone draw money? If he's in something that's really good it'll draw, but a ho hum vehicle doesn't attract much attention.

I'd say A list people are Tom Cruise (even despite his bizarre antics), Jim Carrey, Will Smith, Reese Witherspoon

In regards to Jessica Alba, what is that one successful movie she's in? Sin City or Fantastic 4? Both of those were very successful.

Alba, was a part of two ensemble casts. Alba, drew nothing on her own name for Honey or Into the Blue. You plug any hot chick in F4 and SC, and those movies have the same success.

People often have seizures when they do too much cocain.

I'm not saying she did... Well, yes, yes I am saying that.

People also often have seizures when they are going through severe withdrawl from any drug.

Pobably diet pills in this case, if that's the case anyway.

Seizures also happen for many other reasons, most of which you have no control over.

I do know that you can't drive for 6 months after having one, and it sucks ass. Also, there's a very high percentage of people who have a seizure having another one within 6 months, which is why you're not suppossed to drive.

I disagree. Hollywood is all about "what have you done for me lately." Who the fuck cares about fuckin' Bono!?!?

Have you ever heard of a band call U2? Maybe you've herard of them. They've had a 20 year career and have won multiple Grammys, and have sold out arenas all over the world. Ring a bell????

So...Sam Jackson, Harrison Ford, and Bruce Willis aren't A-list, but Jessica Alba is?

Please slap yourself silly. Immediately.

People often have seizures when they do too much cocain.

I'm not saying she did... Well, yes, yes I am saying that.

I had a seizure when i was 18 months old. I almost died.

...fucking baby powder.

Jessica Alba wasn't the star or main attraction in either Sin City or Fantastic 4.

Alba isn't in Sam Jackson's league or Willis for that matter.

She is nothing more than something pretty to look at, her acting skills are zilch. The one movie that she was the star was "Honey" and that flopped miseably.

Jessica Alba wasn't the star or main attraction in either Sin City or Fantastic 4.

Alba isn't in Sam Jackson's league or Willis for that matter.

She is nothing more than something pretty to look at, her acting skills are zilch. The one movie that she was the star was "Honey" and that flopped miseably.

To further add to your point, she was the star name in Into the Blue which was so bad people forget to mock it.