TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Special K

Five best villains

Guest Felonies!
Sephiroth has the most asinine boss attack of all time:

This I think we can all agree on.

Yeah. How can you destroy the solar system TWICE and STILL not kill a cat on a stuffed moogle?

Sephiroth was lame, by the way. The only people who think Sephiroth was the best FF boss are fat ugly girls who probably call him "Seffy" and write fanfics where he has tender affectionate gay sex with Cloud. As a character, he wasn't that interesting. Kefka was the coolest. However, if we're talking best boss battle theme, it's Zeromus. One-Winged Angel is too pretentious, Kefka's boss theme is just a goofy ramped-up version of his original leitmotif, but At Ground Zero? Badass, even if the whole Zeromus premise is a little flimsy and out of left field.

Spikes

They're in every game, and hitting them means instant death.

heh, that's no lie...how about birds and bats in the Ninja Gaiden NES games? Those bastards were always around at the worst times.

Someone brought up Hitler...in the original Wolfenstein 3D game for PC (from like '92 or so), Hitler is the final boss.

As far as video game villains, I think you have to go with who the most memorable ones are, and I'd say Bowser and M. Bison are definitely up there.

if the question has "best" in it and it relates to video games, the answer always relates to Xenogears.

So true, so true. :D

I wish they would develop Bowser more than just "Bad Guy who always get his plans foiled but keeps coming back anyway". He was awesome in Super Mario RPG and they haven't gave him this kind of personnality since. I guess they don't want Bowser to turn out like Wario, a villain turning hero.

Ghaleon is a great character in Lunar : Eternal Blue. Even though a third proper Lunar will probably never happen, I'd like to see him coming back in a short role in spirit form. Luca Blight is also one of my favorites, so is Ocelot.

Do we mean villians or final bosses? If it's just villians then Delita tops the list, the fucker betrays you, uses you like a puppet, betrays an oath on the grave of his dead sister and murders his wife when he is coronated as king. And there's nothing you can do about it.

Delita Hyral is definitely high on the list. He knowingly betrays pretty much everybody in the game (good or evil) and slaughters countless numbers of people, and the punishment he recieves for it is a long peaceful reign as king with all of his political rivals wiped out and is remembered throughout history as the hero who saved the world.

As for the psychotic killer-type baddies, nobody touches Luca Blight. He also has probably the best death out of any videogame villain ever. It takes betrayal from his own officers, a fall from a horse, getting shot by dozens of arrows, 3 consecutive battles against a total of 18 well trained opponents, another ambush on his escape route and a one-on-one duel with the hero to finally take him down.

I'm surprised by the lack of Ganon/Ganondorf and Dr. Robotnik (fuck the Eggman name).

I didn't really mention the former because of my obvious bias... :)

However, he was pretty much just a generic evil pig demon until OOT. He's pretty cool there, appearance-wise, but still not much of a talker. He's awesome in Wind Waker--too bad he goes down like such a chump there.

Bowser's really entertaining in the Paper Mario games for sure. Although my favorite moment is the "Super King Bowser" minigame. It's going to be really fun using him again in Super Paper Mario.