TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

X-Men 3

Iceman in ice form was cool but I'm glad they saved it for 3 and only in that extreme circumstance. Having him look like that all the time would be silly. Colossus was bad enough.

I would not want to see him sliding around but the perfect time to do the slide would have been when they were jumping down to help the soldiers in the final battle. I liked how everyone had their own way of coming down using their powers, Wolverine sliding down with his claws, Storm floating down, Beast just jumping....and Iceman was stuck holding onto Kitty.

In most cases I think the movies portrayed their powers better than any game or cartoon or whatever. The X-Men shouldn't be gods. Why even have a team then? If Rogue can fly and is super strong what is the point of Angel and Colossus? I really liked how they portrayed flying, especially with Magneto and Storm when you can actually see how they're doing it. They both mostly just levitate. You can hear the magnetic field with Magneto and see that Storm is using the wind and not just flying around like Superman. Magneto is strong enough without the goofy energy blasts and force fields.

the comics balanced out the powers so that they weren't always a super team...it was rare for Rogue and Colossus or Rogue and Angel to be on the team at the same time. If they were all in the same storyline like X-cutioners Song, they were always split up.

That's just one example. There's tons of other overlapping powers. Like just with flying there's so many people besides Rogue who can fly as well as do other things. Storm, Jean, Banshee, and characters like Iceman who might as well be called flying with the way they are able to use their powers. Then there's all the telepaths. What about all the people with a projectile beam of some sort? Cyclops isn't so special anymore.

but they're not gods and have never been portrayed as such...guys like Magneto and Apocalypse were able to wipe out the entire team by themselves...they have their weaknesses...Colossus is no Incredible Hulk or even The Thing.

The point is that Rogue's most interesting power is her touch and the focus of her story should be on that. Her permanetly having the power to fly like Superman is so random. It serves no purpose but to give her more power.

There are 3 powers I am sick of that are so overused. Telepathy, enhanced agility and energy beams. Agility works for people like Beast and Logan that have other things that make them interesting but there's far too many mutants who have nothing else going for them. It's like an easy go to power when they can't think of anything else. Didn't like half the cast of X-Force have the enhanced agility power? Energy blasts are the other generic power. Sometimes they try to make it more interesting like with Bishop but it's still just an energy attack. Then there's villains like Sinister and Apocalypse who can just randomly shoot beams out of their hands for no apparent reason.

The point is that Rogue's most interesting power is her touch and the focus of her story should be on that. Her permanetly having the power to fly like Superman is so random. It serves no purpose but to give her more power.

I disagree on this one. Her holding on to Ms. Marvel and not letting go shows exactly how strong her power could be. OHHHHH she touches people and they get weak but they get back up later. Not that impressive. But holding on, it showed her not only taking the powers but the parts of her mind and the out come of that. Because honestly, if it weren't for the "taking their memories, driving Rogue kinda crazy" thing, why wouldn't she just hold on to every mutant they fight and be done with it. I think was a very interesting use of the powers.

And I have no problem with them reusing powers. When you try and give everyone a different power you end up with Longshot who had the single most pathetic power known to man. "Hey...I'm Lucky!!!"

I suggest you read "Inferno" and see Longshot's "pathetic powers" result in Dazzler and Rogue fighting over who gets to be his girlfriend, as well as 'Shot being the last X-Man standing during a battle with Sinister, the Marauders, and Goblin Queen.

The Juggernaut Bitch is so clever. It's not a bunch of people just talking over the show. They're smart, deliver inside lines, assess funny things, and make you laugh.

From Banshee's Jamaican colors, to Bret Hart, the Pimp Cane, a true Mon Ami, "I want it, I want it, I want it", and the ultra cool showdown between Gladiator and Jugs, it's just great.

"YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS? THIS MOTHERFUCKER TALKIN' BOUT ME!?"

"Better not be takin' Juggernaut pussy!"

It's beautiful.

I suggest you read "Inferno" and see Longshot's "pathetic powers" result in Dazzler and Rogue fighting over who gets to be his girlfriend, as well as 'Shot being the last X-Man standing during a battle with Sinister, the Marauders, and Goblin Queen.

Oh no doubt writers went through great lengths to show that Longshots powers were actually cool, but I am sorry, his powers were fucking lame. Then of course the added the all powerful enhanced agiltity to make him more usefull. But seriously....His power was that he is lucky.

Gambit's powers are basically longshots with the kinetic charge thing.