TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

'Lockdown' Promo

Despite his semi-main event match-up being just moments away, Landon Maddix doesn't seem to have worried about any pre-match preparations for tonight's match. Which is probably a mistake, after his defeat last show. Still in his street clothes, Landon is busy reading the latest copy of Sports Illustrated as he lounges back in his plush armchair, unconcerned with his surroundings and therefore unaware that Megan Skye's head has just poked through the locker room door.

"C'mon baby, it's time to go."

Barely registering the words, Landon doesn't stand up from his seat and instead checks his watch.

"It's a bit early, isn't it? Unless of course you've got something special waiting for me at the hotel that maybe can't wait much longer."

"No, I mean it's time to go to the ring."

Landon again looks at his watch for some reason. Finally Landon budges and sets down his reading material, but still Megan isn't satisfied as she steps into the room, glancing over at Landon's untouched bags across the other side of the room.

"Uhm, Landon..."

"Megs, is everything okay? It's a little late in the show for promo time...has something happened to the plan you haven't told me about?"

"...Landon, you've got a match. Against Manson. Hardcore Rules, remember?"

Looking down at his street clothes, Maddix certainly doesn't seem to remember. But, he's a proud guy.

"Of course I remember!" he insists, lying through his teeth. "Heh...heh. Give me some credit here Megs, I've taken a few chairshots over the years but I'm not senile yet! I mean look at me, I'm all prepared, ready to go. I've got the street clothes for the street fight...maybe I'm just old school that way. I'm ready to go. You want me to start doing jumping jacks for you, because I can. I'm ready. And besides, it's only Manson. I've beaten that nobody more times than I can remember, it'll be no sweat. He's somehow one half of the Tag Team Champions, right?"

"No..." sighs Megan. "...I guess that I can forgive you for forgetting that. But Landon, I'm not stupid."

"Very true. Come on, let's go..."

"You have a plan, right?"

"Oh...yeah, of course. Great plan. Infact, I've got plans, plural. Plan A: Grab a stick and start swinging. That's all these Hardcore Matches are, bar brawls for people who can't wrestle. Plan B: ...uhm, well..."

"You forgot, didn't you?"

The non-commital silence damns Landon, the World Champion hanging his head.

"For Todd's sake Landon, you've got to get your head sorted out, focus!" shouts Megan, pointing forcefully to her temple for visual impact. "You're still the World Heavyweight Champion you know. You already lost to Zyon and now you're not even preparing for matches because you're too busy thinking about this stupid Last Man Standing Match with Mich...with...with Toxxic. You got what you wanted. Great, reason to celebrate, exactly what you needed. But that's no excuse to cast off the rest of the shows until 13th Hour! Don't you watch any sports at all? Form is important, Landon. You can't just turn your form on and off and say that certain matches don't matter because you beat JJ Johnson last month when it mattered. If you go into 13th Hour on the back of losses to Zyon and losses to Manson, you're still going in on a losing streak! Just for a few minutes, a measly few minutes, all you have to do is turn that stubborn part of your brain that concentrates on Toxxic off and concentrate on Manson. Is that too much to ask? You've got plenty of time to worry about 13th Hour later. Plenty of time when it's not going to jeopardise other matches. Matches you're more than capable of winning if you just concentrated on them."

"Yeah, I know. Relax, it's all under control."

"Promise?"

"Promise." smiles Landon, crossing his heart.

Finally accepting, Megan shuffles off to make sure Landon hasn't already been counted out of the match, leaving Landon to go through his bags and find his World Title belt.

"Manson!? Who books this shit, anyway!?"

Oh, wow.

Mansonosity just killed the World Champ.

Manson, can you capitalise your name to MANSON? Not through Japanese rudoism, just because your powers are so goddamn awesome.

Yeah, I don't know if Janus will even allow it. I figured it would be declared a double no-show since I got it in late and murdered the reigning champion, after all.

I've actually been contemplating a change to all caps for some time, just for the hell of it.

Yeah, I don't know if Janus will even allow it. I figured it would be declared a double no-show since I got it in late and murdered the reigning champion, after all.

I've actually been contemplating a change to all caps for some time, just for the hell of it.

I actually forwarded it to Raynor to put up, because any show is better than a no-show.

Even if it's making Maddix MOTHERFUCKING EXPLODE~! \m/

Sign in to follow this