TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Favre

Prom

to go a tad off topic, has anyone here (if old enough) gone to their 10 year class reunion? Slayer, you, LIM and I may be the only ones in this thread that can comment...Mine was in 2003 and I did not go...no fucking desire to see any of them again...it's weird because I was super sociable in school, but why the fuck would I want to see any of those fucks 10 years later?

Speaking of reunions, our school was holding one for people who went to the school in 1946. Maybe you'd like to see those people in 60 years? You'd most likely forget who they are.

When I graduated last year from high school, we had a "banquet" rather than a prom...it was basically a dinner and dance. The food was eh and the music was just a DJ spinning pop music.

Nothing too exiciting happened, just took lots of pictures and I didn't go to any of the after parties.

to go a tad off topic, has anyone here (if old enough) gone to their 10 year class reunion? Slayer, you, LIM and I may be the only ones in this thread that can comment...Mine was in 2003 and I did not go...no fucking desire to see any of them again...it's weird because I was super sociable in school, but why the fuck would I want to see any of those fucks 10 years later?

Well, I live 2,000 miles away from my high school, so there's REALLY no fucking way I'd participate in that shit. That being said, as a joke I made a post on the message board for our school at Classmates.com trying to get a reunion together. I was excessive in my use of exclamation points. No reply, but then there are only five or six people from my class on the site.

I'd love to get together with my old buddies, though. Our class was broken up into a few groups.

Group 1: The "Christian" girls and metrosexual guys who hung out in the principal's wife's classroom. They went out on the weekend and fucked each other and did drugs.

Group 2: The nerds. Three or four bookworms who were just there to get it done and get out. Very respectable kids. I had gone to school with one of them since 5th grade. Another of them was one of my best friends, and is now a dentist.

Group 3: The grunge/jock crew. Nine or ten assholes who weren't that much different from Group 1, save that they weren't so blatant in their asskissing.

Group 4: Me and my friends. There were four of us. We had come up together since kindergarten. One of my friends had a house down the street from school on the lake, and it was parties every weekend. Parties with girls from the freshmen, sophomore and junior classes. ;) We had heat with Group 3, didn't get along with Group 1, but maintained amicable relations with them. The faculty hated us. They hated the fact that we got good grades. They hated the fact that the underclassmen girls partied with us. They just...hated us.

So, yeah, I'd love to spend a weekend with Group 4, but I have no desire to see anyone else, even to check out how fat people have gotten.

Guest wildpegasus

I think someone tried to put something together rescently for a 10th year reunion for our school. However, I don't believe it came to be. Despite being an antisocial person I would still like to go because I think at the end of my grade 12 there was nobody who didn't get along with me. I was the most popular loner ever.

My 10 year was recent, I skipped it. Seemed pointless. I keep in touch with the people I want to.

My prom was ok, I went in a group with some people and one of them were a couple that had just broken up the day before. So they were really bitchy and the guy kept hanging out with me and my date instead of his own.

In general go with the right people and it will be fun.

I have to miss my ten year reunion this summer because of a wedding. I actually really wanted to go, I think because of morbid curiosity.

My first prom turned out pretty well. My date and I were cool about hanging out with our own groups of friends but still doing the formal stuff like slow dances, pictures, etc. The next year (her senior prom) I was out of high school so returning was sort of weird. It rained all day and that sucked. It wasn't so bad since apparently a lot of my classmates were dating younger girls too so I hung out with them.

I have my 5 year reunion this Saturday. Yes, a 5 year reunion.

I went to mine, just because I got like 75 calls from the girls I used to hang out with in HS begging me to come. Me and a couple of the Band Geeks that I ran with started up a Ultimate Frisbee game and owned half the football team.

I went to both proms, both with my girlfriend and both were great. What can I say, we had a great dinner (on our own, this was before schools ponied up for eats) went to the prom, danced, got our picture taken, hung out with our friends... nothing to complain about.

I couldn't go to my 5 year reunion because I flying back from my honeymoon (with the girl I went to both proms with, btw) that day. I did go to my ten year reuinion, and it was very cool seeing people again after all that time. I don't think we're having a 15 year reuinion this year though, which kinda sucks.