TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 6/12 - 6/18

I just found out that MLB.com's "maximum" of 25 online All-Star ballots is just a suggestion. I lost count at 50.

This year was the first year I've ever put a write-in candidate on my ballot (Alex Rios, only 4th in the league in OPS).

The White Sox demoted--and Ozzie Guillen publicly humiliated on TV--a rookie pitcher because he failed to strike Hank Blalock in the head with a 90+ m.p.h. projectile. Such a classy organization.

The Unit got 5 games for the beanball, and Torre 1.

Good. I can't stand this childish unwritten rule that you must hit the opposing team after they hit you, especially when it wasn't intentional.

The White Sox demoted--and Ozzie Guillen publicly humiliated on TV--a rookie pitcher because he failed to strike Hank Blalock in the head with a 90+ m.p.h. projectile. Such a classy organization.

I love how Ozzie tried to cover it up by saying he was so animated over something else. If he really wanted the kid to hit Blalock, he should've just told him to pitch as normal. The kid has no command, as he displayed on Sunday against the Tribe.

The Unit got 5 games for the beanball, and Torre 1.

Good. I can't stand this childish unwritten rule that you must hit the opposing team after they hit you, especially when it wasn't intentional.

OLD SCHOOL BASEBALL MAN YOU GOTTA PLAY THE GAME THE RIGHT WAY

Looking at the AS ballot right now and I have to ask how some of these names are even on there

Hideki Matsui, Gary Sheffield, Coco Crisp, Rocco Baldelli, Julio Lugo, and others have been injured most of the season.

I'm going to vote Tony Batista for 3B and hope the rest of the world does too. Lets get a guy on the All Star Team who doesn't even have a team to play everyday on just because they gave us the option.

This stupid beanball shit gets on my nerves, and I wish MLB would just throw the book anytime there was an intentional beaning.

With that said, if it were possible to throw at the manager, I'd be all for beaning Ozzie Guillen directly in the head multiple times.

I'm going to vote Tony Batista for 3B and hope the rest of the world does too. Lets get a guy on the All Star Team who doesn't even have a team to play everyday on just because they gave us the option.

Vote for Juan Castro. He just got traded to the Reds for a minor league OF.

Can we not get on the Yankees about hitting people? That had to be done. I'm sick of Giambi and Jeter and Damon getting injured every fucking day because teams throw at them inside.

If you stand as close to the plate as some of these guys do and hang your hands/elbows almost over the plate, you risk stuff like that.

EDIT: :

:

:

:

V

HA!

Can we not get on the Yankees about hitting people? That had to be done. I'm sick of Giambi and Jeter and Damon getting injured every fucking day because teams throw at them inside.

That could be remedied by them not hanging over the plate. I'm not saying they SHOULD be hit, but there's a reason those guys always get hit and people like A-Rod and Posada usually don't.

Marlins pull off another win behind Ricky Nolasco. The win is his fifth, giving him more than anyone in the Cubs' rotation. He doesn't have amazing stuff, but he'd probably be a nice fit in there considering we're still looking to Rusch for starts.

Oh, and that win gives them 26 on the season, meaning the Cubs have more wins than the Royals and that's it.

Teams fire managers for less than what Dusty has done to us. It's incredibly ridiculous that he's being allowed to finish out the year, and even get an extension.

The Phillies have just been awful the last week. It's painful to watch.

Is it true that they are booing Abreu at every AB now?

On a related note, in your opinion, is Burrell-Rowand-Abreu a legitimate outfield crew to run out there. Burrell is a one legged man at this point and Abreu seems to have regressed this year (and was never a really good fielder to begin with). Rowand looks to be a good defensive CF, but I don't know that he is good enough to cover between two bad corners. Looking at ZR, RF, and defensive win shares on HBT, all three are middle of the pack or worse.

I think so. Abreu's not all that bad. He rarely makes mistakes. Burrell's got a tremendous arm and that helps him make up for a lack of speed. And Rowand of course is one of the top five center fielders in the majors. Defensive metrics are suspect, especially when you only half a third of a season to work with.

I love how Ozzie tried to cover it up by saying he was so animated over something else. If he really wanted the kid to hit Blalock, he should've just told him to pitch as normal. The kid has no command, as he displayed on Sunday against the Tribe.

I'm glad this came up, because as luck would have it I just got back from the Charlotte/SWB game. It didn't take long for Shawn Tracey to get from Arlington to Scranton. He pitched two-thirds of an inning and gave up a three run homer to Danny Sandoval.

Padres fired their hitting coach, Dave Magadan. They're averaging five+ runs a game on the road, so their outfield being the size of a football field may have something to do with their lack of production overall.

That's what I'm worried about. Shit, the Astros have a really tough week ahead...after the Kansas City series, of course. First, it's the Twins (luckily no Johan...and maybe Liriano will catch a cold or something.) and then the ChiSox at home, the Tigers at home, and the Rangers at home. Good grief.

The Twins for the first time don't have a starting lineup that makes me cringe. It's not great, but they're finally getting the younger guys a shot. Start winning some road games, and at least go for a winning record. Playoff contention is probably asking for too much.

That's what I'm worried about. Shit, the Astros have a really tough week ahead...after the Kansas City series, of course. First, it's the Twins (luckily no Johan...and maybe Liriano will catch a cold or something.) and then the ChiSox at home, the Tigers at home, and the Rangers at home. Good grief.

So you get the Royals, Twinkies and 9 home games against the better teams and that's a tough week or so? How much easier would you like the schedule to be.

I never said I wanted an easier schedule. I just noted after the Royals, we're going to have at least one game with an extremely, extremely tough pitcher and then two series on the road with the two best teams in the AL followed by a series in Arlington at the bandbox with the Rangers. Yeesh...the Mutts win a few games and you get to be 10 feet tall and mouthy.