TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

ECW gets a new writer

Guest Coffey

Lashley is the best prospect the WWE has.

I definitely disagree with this. Lashley, so far, hasn't shown me anything. Not anything that any muscular babyface couldn't do with his push. He doesn't have the freakish strength that Goldberg or Brock had and he talks worse than both of them. He's a non-fat Mark Henry.

I expect WWE to gain more from Kennedy, Nitro & Carlito, honestly.

He's more over then Nitro and Kennedy, and gets louder pops then Carlito.

And he still sucks on the mic. He doesn't need to talk on the mic to get over, he gets over on his intenisty alone.

Lashley is actually very strong, just look at the RR06 for his strenght when he ran through the Big Show and Kane.

A non-fat Mark Henry is a horrible comparison, because Henry was never as over or as good of a worker as Lashley is. A better comparison would be Ahmed Johnson before injurys.

I look at Lashley as a guy that's on a taped show (which could explain the pop) and the guy that legitimately fell the fuck down when he ran into Mark Henry. He certainly wasn't supposed too.

Everyone is WWE needs to talk. We all know that. It's WWE! Even Benoit had to cut promos.

Greg Gagne is in charge of scripting OVW TV as of this week. Paul Heyman is completely gone from OVW and is now focusing entirely on ECW.

Credit: PWInsider.com

There goes all hope for the next generation of WWE wrestlers.

Greg Gagne is in charge of scripting OVW TV as of this week. Paul Heyman is completely gone from OVW and is now focusing entirely on ECW.

Credit: PWInsider.com

There goes all hope for the next generation of WWE wrestlers.

Plus this means we'll have 8,000 year old Verne Gagne as OVW Champ, so he can claim to be the oldest champion in wrestling history.

Am I right in thinking that Heyman and Dave Lagana were head bookers on Smackdown between mid 2002 and late 2003, or did they get rid of Heyman before that?

Heyman was head writer of Smackdown during that time...Dave Lagana worked under him. After Heyman was removed as head writer, Dave took his spot. Dave has been the head writer of Smackdown since 2003. Now he's moved to ECW.

When the brand extension started, Paul Heyman was designated to be the head writer for Smackdown and Brian Gewirtz the head writer for Raw. Both would work under Stephanie McMahon.

Heyman & Gewirtz got into a physical fight backstage at the 2003 Royal Rumble after getting into a major argument about booking philosophies. Both men were suspended for a week without pay.

Dan Lagana was hired to the writing team during Heyman's run as Smackdown lead writer in 2002 to be Paul Heyman's assistant. Lagana was somebody who Paul Heyman recommended for the creative team since Lagana was a huge ECW fan and regularly attended the ECW Arena shows.

Lagana ended up taking Gewirtz's side on the deal, most likely since everyone else was.

It subsequently led to Heyman being removed as Smackdown head writer in February 2003, and being replaced with the tandem of Lagana & Bruce Pritchard. Meanwhile, Gewirtz returned to his role of Raw head writer, going largely unpunished aside from the one-week suspension.

Lagana ended up taking Gewirtz's side on the deal, most likely since everyone else was.

It subsequently led to Heyman being removed as Smackdown head writer in February 2003, and being replaced with the tandem of Lagana & Bruce Pritchard. Meanwhile, Gewirtz returned to his role of Raw head writer, going largely unpunished aside from the one-week suspension.

My memory is a little foggy on this whole thing, but since you seem to know a little more than I do, maybe you can clear things up. Wasn't there a lot more to the whole Heyman firing, Lagana taking over part of this? From what I remember, even though Lagana was recommended by Heyman, he was just another Stephanie yes-man and basically sold out Heyman for a shot at an expanded role on the writing team, which eventually led to a deep hatred between the two. He's far more into the WWE booking philosophy than he is an advocate for ECW, correct?

He's far more into the WWE booking philosophy than he is an advocate for ECW, correct?

I think he can play for both sides. Just compare Smackdown to RAW. As you can see Smackdown is more of a wrestling based show...while RAW is more of the sports entertainment side of things...

Will he be allowed to play both sides though? I saw much more of a Raw influence than a SmackDown influence in this week's ECW show.

If Lagana is willing to "backstab" the guy who basically got him his job, I think we know which influence he will publically and professionally support despite whatever his personal opinion is.

The error returned was:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

Guest StylesMark

ECW is owned by Vince.

Vince was always have the final say over HIS product.

"---Since Smoove asked, his view of what Paul wanted for the first show was eerily parallel to reality. You could take that on very good word. Paul got overruled and fucked."

Anyone happen to know what Heyman wanted? I imagined it was nowhere near what showed up on TV, but I'm interested in finding out what Paul E. would have done.

ECW is owned by Vince.

Of course.

I love when people say, ECW will be good if Vince keeps his nose out of it.

Hate to break it to everyone, but when he's spending money on it, he's going to want to shape the direction it goes. He doesn't want someone else using what he paid for for their own personal gain and not his. Would any of you?

Heyman would gain everything from being allowed to do this on his own. Why should anyone let him?

ECW is owned by Vince.

Of course.

Hate to break it to everyone, but when he's spending money on it, he's going to want to shape the direction it goes. He doesn't want someone else using what he paid for for their own personal gain and not his. Would any of you?

Heyman would gain everything from being allowed to do this on his own. Why should anyone let him?

But Vince WOULD reap the profits from added merch and games and such sold because of a hot ECW, would he not?

Guest Felonies!

You guys have noticed that we're discussing writers for an ECW show, right? This is so doomed, and it's so sad.

ECW is owned by Vince.

Of course.

But Vince WOULD reap the profits from added merch and games and such sold because of a hot ECW, would he not?

And he thinks that he deserves to be making the ideas (albeit bad ones) in a promotion that he's using his money for. I doubt there's something wrong with that.