TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

OAO Slammiversary Thread

That's the impression I had about the Steiner/Joe match too.

I thought the garbage match opener worked well. Got the crowd excited. Right team went over.

Gotta give D'amore props for busting out a moonsault and looking...competent? in the ring. Decent filler.

Spot-Monkeys

Who doesn't love Nash? Seriously, his delivery is gold. Shelley is right there too. (10 guys with knives?)

No problems with the Joe/Steiner ending...Sets up another match. Sad to see Senshi led to the slaughter that is Joe.

Absolutely wonderful tag team match. Loved the many false finishes.

Thought the main event built on the story that was going into it. I'm smelling a Xian turn soon, but with the belt still around his waist.

Love Cornette

Who doesn't love Nash? Seriously, his delivery is gold. Shelley is right there too. (10 guys with knives?)

That 10 guys with knives thing sounds like I missed something really funny.. :huh:

Alex Shelley's promos are friggin gold. He IS the new Jericho. The only thing missing from that promo was his hatred of Vampires.

I don't feel I wasted my money on that PPV. The opener, while I hate the James Gang, got the crowd into the show and did what an opener should do. Bubba's ECW rip was great.

The Rhino vs. Roode/D'amore match delivered what it promised, and the right guy went over. And D'amore, in one match, essentially showed he's a better and more competent worker than the entire WWE women's division, Khali and Mark Henry put together.

The 6-Man was a great spotfest (can it be anything but a spotfest with 6 guys?) and we got to see 3 Ghetto Stomps and 1 Canadian Destroyer. I felt fulfilled. Low Ki vs Joe is gonna kick ASS.

It looks like maybe Zack Malibu was right, with Nash going over Sabin--maybe to feed him to Joe? The announcers made it VERY clear that Nash didn't win clean, so it really "proves nothing..." Why'd they put Nash over then? On the plus side, this was probably the best match Nash has had since... hell, since his feud with Shawn Michaels, really.

AJ and Daniels winning the belts was the highlight of the night in a fantastic match--that chick they brought out sure was gross though. I was really hoping it'd be Allison Danger in a one-night spot, so the ROH fans could mark out :P

Joe/Steiner was acceptable, except the finish. The crowd was jacked for it, the hype coming into the match was INCREDIBLE, and even with that over-muscled POS botching every second move, Joe sold like a CHAMP and made him look great. I *do* give Steiner credit for a WICKED Kobashi-like Half-nelson suplex though. Dumped Joe right on his head.

The finish though? I know none of the dirt sheets have said so yet, but I gotta believe Steiner botched falling off Joe's shoulders (I think he was supposed to get his neck hung up on the ropes, or maybe a snakeeyes in the corner) and hurt his ankle on the fall, and called the match early in the pin? Just a thought, I doubt TNA would've booked a power slam to end the match...

And then after a PPV I thoroughly enjoyed, we had an overbooked clusterfuck with Jarrett getting the belt. Why not Abyss? For the love of god, WHY NOT ABYSS? He even TURNED ON JARRETT in the match, yet ANOTHER booking in this match that basically went NOWHERE. Mitchell and Abyss turning face on Jarrett got a huge pop, and it should've given Abyss the match. Instead we get another Jarrett-focused pile of crap. :angry:

So Hebner and Zybysko help him out (with no explanation I might add) and duplicate another Montreal-esque angle (BORING.) And then Cornette runs out and grabs the belt--Fair enough, he's the new commish, won't settle for this kind of bullshit--SO WHY DIDN'T HE RESTART THE MATCH!?!?! :angry:

Why have a PPV end with a Dusty finish, and have Cornette do something like a tournament on Impact (you just know that's where this is headed...) Why not give the fans what they want, on a PPV they PAID for, and restart the match!? Having Cornette come out at the end did NOTHING but mess up a clusterfuck even further.

The ring being pelted with garbage is not "good" heel heat. Jarrett hasn't had "good" heel heat in a real long time. The finish was a completely and total downer on what was otherwise a competent PPV.

Nash had to "go over" because you don't build up a big storyline with Nash running his month for 2 months about the X-Division and have him lose his first match in. He did more than enough to make it look like he wouldn't have beaten Sabin one on one, he needed Shelley to cheat seven or eight times.

As far as Joe v.s. Steiner, Joe won 100% clean after powering out of the Steiner Recliner, and the match was booked to keep Steiner strong (since you still have the match with Sting, Christian, etc left to do with him). The fact that it didn't come after a finisher doesn't make it less effective.

I'm interested in seeing where they go with the title situation, but I think this was a good finish as the KOTM match was really good (and wasn't overbooked at all, since it's supposed to be a clusterfuck of a gimmick match in the first place). I'm not mad about Jarrett winning since he isn't the champ and it should tie up a lot of loose ends that have been hanging out there for months if they play it right. It also built towards towards singles matches between all five guys pretty strongly.

Plus you had a good X-Division match and AMW v.s. Styles/Daniels was really good. Easy thumbs up.

I know all sorts of people bitched about Nash, Steiner, and Sting getting signed, but they all held up their end of the deal tonight and were in great matches. Sting in particular looked really good.

Monty Brown left off the card was bullshit.

I really hope they push him.

Why would they? They realized his priority isn't with wrestling. And he doesn't really show any desire to improve in-ring or anything. They are right to cool off on his push.

Monty had an interview on the preshow which made absolutely no sense. I love Monty but he confused the living hell out of me with his promo last night.

Monty really isn't that fun as a heel and they killed all of his momentum with those Jarrett matches.

Monty had a looong interview on the preshow where he basically said he's going straight to the top and is going after Samoa Joe.

I thought the garbage match opener worked well. Got the crowd excited. Right team went over.

Gotta give D'amore props for busting out a moonsault and looking...competent? in the ring. Decent filler.

Spot-Monkeys

No problems with the Joe/Steiner ending...Sets up another match. Sad to see Senshi led to the slaughter that is Joe.

Thought the main event built on the story that was going into it. I'm smelling a Xian turn soon, but with the belt still around his waist.

Love Cornette

They're building up Senshi as the guy who could take out Joe so I don't think it'll be a slaughtering. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that he'll be the one to end Joe's streak.

The potshots at ECW tonight were silly and quite honestly came off as sour grapes in my view (TNA could only dream of getting a 2.8). Bubba Ray's comment after that match "That's how it is DONE!" is so bogus considering last week at ONS Foley and Funk were out there killing each other with fire and barbed wire.

Who was saying what?

Why would they? They realized his priority isn't with wrestling. And he doesn't really show any desire to improve in-ring or anything. They are right to cool off on his push.

You have to admit her worked REALLY hard in the 8-man. I know those matches have a way of making people look good because of the sustained heat and spotfest nature, but his bumping was well done and his moves were all done crisply and with great effort. I was impressed.

I'm not speaking from a personal viewpoint. I read it somewhere that that was how TNA felt about Monty. He refused to take extra bookings and that showed TNA that he wasn't willing to improve. Then there's that training business he has, that TNA thinks he prioritizes over wrestling. When a company feels that way, they are going to cool off on your push.

So Hebner and Zybysko help him out (with no explanation I might add) and duplicate another Montreal-esque angle (BORING.) And then Cornette runs out and grabs the belt--Fair enough, he's the new commish, won't settle for this kind of bullshit--SO WHY DIDN'T HE RESTART THE MATCH!?!?! :angry:

Why have a PPV end with a Dusty finish, and have Cornette do something like a tournament on Impact (you just know that's where this is headed...) Why not give the fans what they want, on a PPV they PAID for, and restart the match!? Having Cornette come out at the end did NOTHING but mess up a clusterfuck even further.

The ring being pelted with garbage is not "good" heel heat. Jarrett hasn't had "good" heel heat in a real long time. The finish was a completely and total downer on what was otherwise a competent PPV.

The reason for the angle is to get people to tune in on Thursday to see what excatly is going on with the title, unless people read the spoilers and decide not to tune in. Its a cliffhanger ending for a wrestling PPV, happens all the time. Its ment to draw people and it'll work.

Hyper, there were a few potshots taken at ECW on the PPV. Or the pre show. Bubba Ray made comments saying ECW's product sucked and he'll show them how it's done. The thing I found goofy is that the Team 3D match wasn't all THAT vicious of a match.

There were shots taken at the zombie and vampire from ECW's Tuesday show.

Hopefully, the clifhanger will work in TNA's favor when it comes too the ratings for Thursdays show.

And i can't see Senshi winning over Joe, i see Joe getting DQ'ed againts Senshi therefore giving him the belt (thats the way it works in TNA). That way, they get the belt off Joe and he doesnt have to loose his winning streak.

I was wondering, if they vacted the belt, they could redo what they did with the first X title match (i just wathed it again the other day and it was a great idea that worked really well).

Im really looking forward to seeing this on sunday, it sounds like *most* of the matches were great.

The ECW potshots about the Zombie and Vampires were fair, but Bubba seemed to ignore the ONS PPV where the Funk/Dreamer vs. Edge/Foley was about 10X more hardcore then the TNA match.

Plus it's not like the Dudleys were ever a team to turn down WWE and their money, they worked for them for what 5 years? What do they have to be disgruntled about?

I can see the belt being held up and put up for grabs in a four way with Christian, Sting, Killings and Abyss. It comes down to Christian and Sting in the end, and Christian uses heel chicanery to recapture the belt. The next week, Sting can confront him about it, and Christian can say that while Sting may not care about the belt, he does, and he'd do anything for it. Then build a singles match at the next PPV.

I love how the trash started hitting the ring when Jarrett was about half way up the ladder.

My God, he's so over.

And i can't see Senshi winning over Joe, i see Joe getting DQ'ed againts Senshi therefore giving him the belt (thats the way it works in TNA). That way, they get the belt off Joe and he doesnt have to loose his winning streak.

i totally forgot about the DQ rule in TNA. they haven't done it since about March of 2004, so busting it out this Thursday might be a good way to refocus the X-Division. It's a great way to get the belt off Joe without pinning him, BUT, they'd have to stop calling him undefeated b/c a DQ loss is still a loss. I guess they could just play up that he's never been pinned or submitted.

I want to see the Low Ki match, the tag title match and maybe the Nash vs Sabin just to see Shelleys antics. Maybe Ill download it if I can find it.

I'm stating the obvious here but turning Cage heel would spice up his beyond shitty reign (assuming he gets the belt again)

I don't think Christian's run has been bad at all. Not AMAZINGOMG, but dude, he has had some good matches during his reign. The Abyss feud was all too short.

I think I'm gonna get the replay to this :)

Christians riegn has been average because the dont put him on T.V. every week. His matches with abyss and manty have been great!! (especially abyss) He has shown some moves and styles in these matches that i never seen while he was in the WWE. I think creative has dropped the ball with Christian. Get him out there every week, get him on the mic, get him over.

I'm hoping TNA keeps up with this rankings thing for the X Division, though every fed seems to just drop it eventually.

Maybe Shelley should climb to the top of the rankings each week, then have Nash question as to why Shelley's even still in the X Division, leading to Shelley beating Nash and winning the gold after that.

I'm not speaking from a personal viewpoint. I read it somewhere that that was how TNA felt about Monty. He refused to take extra bookings and that showed TNA that he wasn't willing to improve. Then there's that training business he has, that TNA thinks he prioritizes over wrestling. When a company feels that way, they are going to cool off on your push.

Maybe he feels he doesn't need to improve.

I think he's a decent wrestler, and he does work hard in his wrestling matches. He got screwed over by the TNA many times, he deverse to hold the World Title.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

I think he's a decent wrestler, and he does work hard in his wrestling matches. He got screwed over by the TNA many times, he deverse to hold the World Title.

He called the "King of The Mountain" match, "King Of The Ring" several times. Guy seems like a fucking moron.

Guest Chris Xtreme

There is always room to improve. You don't just get to the top and stop trying to get better. What employer would like that kind of attitude from an employee. And the fact is Monty is not that good in the ring. And his promos are hit and miss. He is not the kind of guy that can carry people to good matches. The fact that he doesn't want to wrestle full time , shows that wrestling may be more of a job than a passion for him.

Guest Chris Xtreme

Spot-Monkeys

Love Cornette

They're building up Senshi as the guy who could take out Joe so I don't think it'll be a slaughtering. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that he'll be the one to end Joe's streak.

I think its way to early to have Joe lose. You have to wait till he has already won the NWA belt and had a long title riegn. Which makes getting the X Title off of him tough.