TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlefreak

OAO Vengeance 2006 Thread

Then we get Orton made to look unstoppable against the likes of RVD, Booker T, and Chris Jericho in Raw matches.

The crowd was BEGGING them to take the title off Orton. Because Randy was a great heel who generated negativity and made his opponents look good? No. Because Orton's promos were repetitve, his matches were the same, he blew moves, and people were sick of having him ran down their throats.

That's complete bullshit. He did beat all of those guys. And he did it while doing the whole "cocky, and cool" persona well. He actually did have a few good promos, and instead of people begging to get the title off of him like you seem to think (Smarks may have, but I don't think I've seen any that have liked him at all since the beginning) they actually started getting behind him.

So he dropped the title to Edge. A feud which I enjoyed, because for one, the two actually always had pretty good to great matches together. And this is two people that most think have no talent. It also helped Edge get over. Because before that, even though some fans were behind him, he just wasn't cutting it alongside Benoit as the dude with the pink cast >_>. Then of course, he got pushed to the World Title (which even as an Orton fan I'll admit was way to sudden). And once again, the fans got behind him. There were Orton chants at Summerslam against freakin Benoit, which was in Canada..I don't care how "Bizarro world" they were trying to be that night, if Orton wasn't getting over they definitely wouldn't have been chanting for him against Benoit.

The next night, in my opinion is proof that Orton could have been at the very least, a good World Champion. The fans were behind him, a lot. And he was still doing the 'cocky' routine. Which was good, and it was something different. People might say that means Orton was doing a bad job, since he was a heel, and the fans got behind him, but regardless, he was over. And I don't see how anyone could say that if Orton had actually stayed with that character, the one that got him over in the first place, that he wouldn't have had a good title reign. But the face push, aka "Pussy push" totally ruined him.

But as I said, regardless, Orton was over. (which some people will never admit) I dont care how much he was "pushed down our throats" if he was as bad as everyone tries to make it seem, that would have never happened.

How about "LET ME REPEAT THE FINISH SPOT" in one of the more blatant business-revealing spots ever with Jericho when he blew the RKO on Raw?

You mean that Jericho blew? Since he was the one that was supposed to take the fall. But hey, I guess it was Orton's fault since he didn't latch onto Jericho's neck, and pull him anyways, possibly breaking his neck. I would have love to seen the smark reaction if Orton had done that.

What was he supposed to do? Lay there, and just wait for Jericho to fall?

They turned Orton far too soon, and when they did turn him they had him stop doing all the things that made the fans cheer him in the first place. If Orton was to turn face, it should have been after a prolonged tease to where the fans were begging for it, and after that he should have been pretty much the same character he was before. The fans didn't reject Orton because of what he did. The fans rejected him because of what he didn't do.

And since there's a lot of Orton talk..the Orton interview that's I do'nt think I've seen posted here yet.

Just wanted to send along a recap of Randy Orton's appearance on BBC Radio 1Xtra's Ace and Invisible Show.

Recap written by http://www.randyortonweb.com

While in London to promote the Vengeance pay per view, the Legend Killer stopped by BBC Radio 1 for an interview with 1Xtra’s Ace & Invisible. The hosts welcome Randy to the show and begin playing his entrance music; Randy then talks about how he hates the song and says that an entrance theme should pump you up and get you in the mood, he says that “Burn in my Light” just doesn’t do it for him. He says, “I’m in my underwear walking to the ring, at least throw me a bone!” The hosts then say he looks like he enjoys the music when he’s on the turnbuckle posing to which Orton says he must be a good actor, because he’s acting his ass off.

They then probe him about the song and Randy says he was given that music for his entrance. He then talks about how Killswitch Engage had recorded a song for him too, but it didn’t fit him. He says that it would fit someone like Batista, like a “big jacked up dude.” He then goes onto say, “My skinny ass walking to the ring, it didn’t really make sense.” He then says the lyrics to the Mercy Drive track, are like kindergarteners wrote them. The hosts then talk about John Cena and how he’s become a recording artist and if Randy would do that, to which he says “I’m not gonna get into that.” We then dabble in some talk regarding how Randy got into the business, as he goes into the usual – his father, grandfather etc. They then ask if he was forced into it, Randy says he wasn’t but its good money, there are beautiful women. Randy then introduces his fiancée, Samantha who’s sitting right next to him and mentions it’s her first time overseas. He then talks briefly about his high school days.

Talk then turns to his moniker, the “Legend Killer.” He talks about how he got the name by beating the likes of Mick Foley, Triple H and Undertaker. He’s then asked who is the next legend that he’d like to kill; Randy jokes “Maybe my dad.” But then goes into talking about Hulk Hogan and mentions there may be something in the works for a WrestleMania match with him. Randy is then asked who he has enjoyed working with the most and replies it was an honour to work the Undertaker.

After playing some songs, we return to the interview and the hosts ask Randy how he’s enjoying the UK so far. Randy explains, “I’m loving it, I’m gonna go out tonight, get some nice food. Maybe see what kind of clubs you got going on.” He mentions that he’s never been out in London and asks Ace & Invisible what the nightlife is like as the trio begin to joke a little bit.

Now onto the plug portion of the interview as they talk about Randy’s match with Kurt Angle at Vengeance, and what happened at the ECW pay per view. Randy says Kurt got him at One Night Stand but he gets a rematch at Vengeance and plugs the event on Sky Box Office for UK viewers. Later Randy talks about how he got his first concussion from a steel chair shot. He’s then asked if anyone scares him as one of the host’s mentions the Great Khali, Randy retorts that he can take him. Randy then mentions that his favourite wrestler is Shawn Michaels and that he’s an awesome wrestler and that his first feud was with him. He then briefly talks about Vince McMahon.

The Legend Killer is then asked about finishing moves, in particular his one – the RKO, he’s asked where he got that from. Randy then says it’s based off the Diamond Cutter and that he can jump pretty high, he mentions that when he was in Evolution, Triple H & Ric Flair said, “Do a Diamond Cutter but jump up really high into it.”

Back to music now as Randy’s asked if he would get into the music game like John Cena. Randy firmly says, “No! I can’t even dance let alone sing.” They then play some John Cena as Randy cuts in, “Terrible, I’m about to throw myself out the window.” The hosts say that Randy should beat John up for this and Randy agrees, “He needs to get his ass kicked for that one.” They then talk about how the fans turned on him and Randy jokes that they turned on him because everyone realised that he thought he was black and he can’t sing. When asked if Cena’s liked in the locker room, Randy says he started at around the same time as him and that he’s a good friend but damn, his music is pretty bad.

After playing some more music, we return to the studio with Randy Orton. They then introduce DJ B, who also works for 1Xtra and that he won a competition. This then leads into a “Name that WWE theme song” challenge between Randy and DJ B, who can get the most themes right. Randy wins after getting eleven of the themes right to DJ B’s nine. Randy then plugs Vengeance once more. They then thank Randy for being with them as Randy thanks them too and that concludes the show.

Randy Orton was just on Sky Sports News over here, I've written a recap

for my site, so I thought I'd pass it along. If you could mention that we

have caps and a download on the site, that would be awesome!

--------------

Randy finally made an appearance on Sky Sports News, today over here in

the United Kingdom! The Legend Killer helped to promote the Vengeance pay

per view, this Sunday. We get a shot of Randy and are told that he will be

up next, following a commercial.

Back after break, Randy looks larger than on WWE television. Intros as

Randy says, "Thanks for having me." He says he's over in London doing PR

work for WWE, promoting the Vengance PPV where he's facing Kurt Angle.

He's out to get Kurt because at a PPV a couple of weeks back Kurt sure did

"clean his clock," and so he owes him one back.

We then get some fanmail, as Randy answers some questions. First up, he is

asked how he got into the business to which he responds, through his

father, grandfather and uncle, he was born into the buisness and his

father opened the door for him, but he busted through it.

Presenters speak of Randy's "sneaky moves," such as his finisher the RKO.

He mentions RKO stands for his name - Randy Keith Orton, but says they can

call him Randy! Female presenter gets embarassed when her male co-host

mentions Randy's impressive six pack and asks how he got it. Randy says to

ask the female presenter... Another e-mail now, a husband would like to

know how to get more attention from his wife as she thinks Randy is very

good looking? Cue Randy Orton's sentimental side as he explains that he

must understand his wife's feelings, be romantic with her, take her for a

meal. If he understands her, she'll understand him. Randy says he had to

learn this the hardway!

Presenters mention that some people in the business believe Randy had too

quick a rise to fame and within the company, especially Triple H. Randy

says that Triple H had a quick rise and was fairly good looking, but not

comparable to him. He says Triple H had a good physique but now he's

getting a belly. Randy believes Triple H is just jealous.

There are now fans outside the studios and we cut to them as they prepare

to ask Randy some questions. One fan asks who Randy's idols were growing

up, he responds definitely his father and grandfather. Another fan is

waiting to ask a question, "How did you feel becoming the youngest World

Champion?" He says he didn't blubber, but he did have tears in his eyes.

To have a title which so many icons have had and to be the last out of the

locker room, it was an honour. He rang his father and said this is for you

and for his grandfather. Randy quotes this as his greatest moment.

Presenters mention Randy's recurring shoulder problems. Randy says he had

surgery and he's okay now. He was born with hyper-mobility in his

shoulder. He goes on to say how he dislocated it during a show (ECW, this

past Tuesday) and had to pop it back into place himself. He says he's a

tough individual.

Another fan question, "Are you as arrogant in real life as you are

on-screen?" Orton says he's not. He also says that he's humble and knows

his roots. Presenter says that he is extremely popular in the UK. Randy

says he appreciates the fans. He also mentions that coming over seas gives

him a buzz. Next question, "What has been your favourite match of your

career?" Randy's answer is his match with Mick Foley at Backlash 2004. He

mentions that he fell onto 10,000 thumb tacks and had 600 in his back and

ass! He says it is his favourite match because the fans realised he was a

condender and was tough. Continuing with the questions, "You say you're

the Legend Killer, which legend would you like to wrestle?" Randy mentions

Hulk Hogan, he's an icon and apparently has a fake hip so that's a target

area! He grew up around Hulk and what better legend to kill than a

household name! A question about Vengeance now, as a fan says Kurt Angle

has no chance against Randy this Sunday, "I agree with you son" is his

response. Randy says like Hulk, Kurt has a target area, his previously

broken neck. So really it's whoever gets the ankle or neck first who wins.

Randy mentions his fiancee, Samantha and that she's travelled with him and

is currently watching from the hotel room. He says, "Hey baby! I love

you!" Continuing on with the subject of Samantha, Randy says she's the

greatest girl out there for him. Presenters mention the die hard fans

overseas, Randy mentions London and that Samantha has been missing for six

hours, shopping in Harrods with his American Express card. He hopes he

atleast gets some socks!

The presenters ask Randy if he's followed the World Cup. He says he hasn't

been able to because of the travelling but unfortunately the USA are out.

He also mentions that he loves David Beckham and was a fan of the Spice

Girls. However it wasn't the music just the ladies! He say's Victoria

Beckham is gorgeous before saying that Beckham is tremendous and an all

round cool guy.

The presenters agree that Randy is an "all round cool guy" too before

wrapping up the interview!