The card is as follows:

WWE Championship Match

- Rob Van Dam © vs. Edge w/ Lita.

2 on 5 Handicap Match

- D-Generation X vs. The Spirit Squad.

Extreme Lumberjack Match

- John Cena vs. Sabu.

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Triple Threat

- Shelton Benjamin © vs. Carlito vs. Johnny Nitro.

- Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton.

2 out of 3 Falls Match

- Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley.

- Kane vs. "Fake" Kane.

- Umaga vs. Eugene.

Looking forward to Flair/Foley(Foley's "intentional sabotage" could be entertaining). IC triple threat could also be good. RVD/Edge has some promise.

What do you think?

It's a promising card, even Umaga vs Eugene has comedy potential. The only thing missing is Mickie James.

Figure this should be here. I live in North Carolina, so I have seen commercials for the RAW after Vengeance for atleast the past two months. Throughout that time, the dark match main event was always announced as Edge vs. John Cena in a street fight for the World title. Last night, I saw the commercial again and this time it hyped Edge vs. John Cena in a street fight. Didn't mention the World title, don't know if that means anything.

I dunno, if you ask me, Edge getting the World Title back is bullshit, he's not particularly over with the crowd, he's never impressed me at all as a singles wrestler, and it seems to me more of a situation where they simply don't have anyone better to put it on rather then him being deserving of it. The ratings spike when he had the belt back in January was likely more out of curiosity since Cena had the belt for so long. Here's hoping for a short reign where the belt quickly returns to Cena or Triple H.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

If you ask me, Cena getting the World Title back would be bullshit, he's not particularly over with the crowd, he's never impressed me at all as a singles wrestler, and it seems to me more of a situation where Vince doesn't want to admit Cena failed rather then him being deserving of it. Here's hoping for a decent Edge reign this time around

If you ask me, Cena getting the World Title back would be bullshit, he's not particularly over with the crowd, he's never impressed me at all as a singles wrestler, and it seems to me more of a situation where Vince doesn't want to admit Cena failed rather then him being deserving of it. Here's hoping for a decent Edge reign this time around

Here here. Cena held the title for way too god damn long, and Triple H is supposed to be working a program with Orton after this DX deal finishes up. Just watch Edge step up if they actually show some confidence in him and let him have a decent run with the belt. He and Cena will both get hugely over in the traditional heel/face sense of it too.

But the thing is, Cena IS over with the crowd. Irregardless if he gets cheered or booed, it's at least a reaction. Every time Edge comes out to the ring, the most interesting thing that ever happens is the hope that maybe Lita will have a nipple slip of some sort. Cena may not be Ric Flair, but he's had good matches against better opponents like Triple H, Angle, and Jericho.. Edge on the other hand was only able to be carried to even mediocre matches with Kurt Angle for christ's sake.

The crowds have been weird the past few weeks because Edge has been buddied up with Foley who they don't know whether to cheer or boo for.

Give him the belt, book him properly as the smart cocky heel with Cena chasing it and both of them will more than likely get the reactions they're supposed to.

The crowd do not like Edge, in the good, dastardly heel way. He's the only WWE guy that managed to get Cena cheered. Cena "getting a reaction" does not justify giving him the title. Cena's matches with Triple H sucked, the only decent one was the Triple Threat at Backlash. No way was it better than Edge's stuff with Kurt Angle. Having a good match with Chris Jericho doesn't make you a good wrestler, it makes you like everybody else, and Jericho absolutely carried that match. Edge's stuff with Benoit and Angle absolutely smokes Cena's work with the same guys. He can carry his weight, and lots of guys have had good matches with Edge. On the other hand, lots of guys have had good matches with themselves while Cena was in the ring.

Edge is the best (active) heel in the WWE right now...well maybe tied with Booker...it's only logical to give him some sort of title run sometime soon.

This card looks pretty good...i won't order it, but I may swing by Buffalo Wild Wings to watch it.

Cena "getting a reaction" does not justify giving him the title.

How 'bout the fact that's he's arguably the #1 draw in the company, hmm? The "Cena's failed" argument is also BS.

That being said, Edge winning the title, then having Cena chase is probably the best way to go here.

I get the bad feeling that ECW is going to get swept at the PPV. Which would be bad, no matter how they do it. I don't think that Angle will beat Orton again, I get the feeling The Big Show will chokeslam Sabu or something and of course who knows the ending for the Edge/RVD match but we know it's an RVD loss.

Well now that we know the ECW/WWE cross brand interpromotion stuff is not ending anytime soon, it may be plausible that RVD keeps the belt. I mean lets face it, with Triple H in the RAW ME scene without the belt, doing his DX thing, I am sure he would be happy as hell that the title holder is not even featured on RAW making the belt seem less important then a DX rehash. In a triple threat match there are so many different possible endings without making guys look weak, that I actually could possibly see RVD keeping the title so they have stronger storylines for the ECW show for awhile.

How 'bout the fact that's he's arguably the #1 draw in the company, hmm?

How 'bout the fact that he's not, hmm?

The "Cena's failed" argument is also BS.

Cena was meant to be the next uber-babyface, people started to hate him with a passion. Mission Failed.

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about the cross-promotion. I think the Raw involvement makes it seem just like an extra hour of Raw, but on Raw, the WWE Title always be portrayed as inferior to DX

I can see Sabu winning over Cena, and then a feud developing between Sabu and RVD over the ECW Title.

Possibly taking in an ECW Title match between RVD and Sabu at Summerslam.

How 'bout the fact that he's not, hmm?

Except, he is. He's the biggest draw the WWE has had since Austin/Rock, whether you like it or not.

I expect RVD will lose by some kind of cheating, possibly Cena "accidently" hitting him when trying to get Edge, then Sabu/Angle/Show says on ECW TV that RVD didn't represent ECW at the PPV, and they attack him to start ECW's first world title feud.

John Cena only 'failed' in so far as not getting over in the babyface manner the promotion wanted, but he got over and is over, which is the important thing. People who say Cena isn't over either don't understand or aren't looking at the numbers. Cena draws at house shows, which is where business first turn arounds. Your most devoted customers are going to go to house shows, and at house shows the people are coming for Cena. He might not get a total babyface reaction, but he gets a reaction. It's not 'X-Pac heat', either, and labelling it as such is laughable; X-Pac heat is not the passionate hatred/love reaction that Cena undeniably gets. In the last few months, when it comes to announcing people not being there, Cena is the only name that I can recall reading about that, when he's announced as not coming, gets any kind of real reaction. As far as television numbers go, I don't have them at hand right now, but I'd be willing to bet that Cena doesn't turn people off to any great degree, again making any description of his heat as X-Pac heat laughable, and I'd bet that his segments draw a consistent level of growth. Someone who can do that is over.

Anybody else think the Lumberjack stip will hinder the Cena-Sabu match and just make a huge trainwreck? I'm not expecting Steamboat-Flair, but wouldn't "extreme rules" be enough?

Anybody else think the Lumberjack stip will hinder the Cena-Sabu match and just make a huge trainwreck? I'm not expecting Steamboat-Flair, but wouldn't "extreme rules" be enough?

It will definitely hinder it. Cena's a decent brawler, so keeping the match confined to the ring (minus the occasional Cena beatdown on the outside) is very counter-productive. It will also limit the spots Sabu can do.

I'm actually very interested in Foley/Flair. I'm glad they're not going to pretend it will be a classic and Foley's attempted sabotage should be funny.

This show actually looks pretty good match-wise. Only problem is none of the matches have more than 2 weeks of build. And some are completely thrown together with no hints of planning (IC 3-way, I'm looking at you).

I gotta say despite the lack of build-up for some of the matches, that is one damn fine card, and could quite possibly be the best Raw PPV sence last year's Vengeance, probably even better.

The only thing I would do is replace the Umaga/Eugene match with a Mickie James Woman's title match and add the World Tag Titles on the line in the DX/Squad match than this card would be perfect.

Guest Princess Leena

Meh, just get the title off RVD, that's all I care about. He had his moment, now let him play on the C-show.

Might as well let Edge have another transitional run before the unpredictable HHH-HBK feud.

I ordered it today just cause I'm on mid-year break and we get them cheaper here than in the US. I'm hoping it lives up to the promise of the card cause it has the potential to be one of the better PPVs in recent years.

I am actually kind of interested in seeing this PPV, however I already saw ONS at a friend's house, I had Slammiversary at my house, so I need to find somewhere else to see Vengeance. I wonder if I can find any local sportsbars that show it. I called Hooters, but they said no. :(

Meh, just get the title off RVD, that's all I care about. He had his moment, now let him play on the C-show.

Might as well let Edge have another transitional run before the unpredictable HHH-HBK feud.

If ECW ends up being more like Week 2 then Week 1, I would say Smackdown is the C-show.

SD may be treated like the C-show, but in terms of quality it's still the A-show. I'm really glad Vince thinks of Raw as the A-show, though, so all of his "genius" ideas gets put over there.

SmackDown>Raw and ECW.

And this despite many of their top stars suffering injuries or being pulled from the show. The less the main creative team has to do with a show, the better it tends to end up being. Funny how that works.