TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Princess Leena

Wimbledon Thread.

Fat Dave and Overrated James go out on the same day. All we need now is for Andre to eliminate Rafa and we can pencil in another Federer/Roddick Final with Fed winning in straights. The more things change, the more they stay they same.

JHH is still looking good to complete the Career Slam, and I'm starting to think the Maria/Venus "dream match" won't take place as one or both will lose before then.

Hingis just choked her way out of London, making JHH's path to the Semis that much easier. If Clijsters is there, all she has to do is show up and a berth in the Finals is hers.

Andre lost to Nadal in straight sets, thus making me lose tons of interest on this Tournament. I'm really disappointed, as Andre only fought on the first set with the tie-break. I think Nadal hit a career-best on Wimbledon now, I'm not sure he's ever made it this far before. Well, I still have Federer to root for. He's on cruise control right now and on his way to another Wimby championship.

Hingis losing is a lso a disappointment. I thought she'd have no problem coming back to this level of competition, but it seems she needs some more adjusting or something. Anyway, I really don't care who takes it on the women's side.

Guest Princess Leena

It was just a tough loss for Martina. Her forehand was off, and Ai played really solid. One of those matches that Martina would win like 9 out of 10 times, but everything wasn't on her side. Oh well. She was kinda due a loss like that, anyway.

Roddick fucking blows. I can't tolerate the Mopey Murray hype if that little shit wins.

Penis lost, so the women's side has been saved. Thank you, tennis gods.

RoboRod and Mr. Williams both losing on the same day is fitting. American tennis is done for the next 10 years or more as the Russian and Chinese women and Argentinian and Spanish men will just overwhelm us with sheer numbers in the next decade. It was a good run, but it's over.

Guest Princess Leena

On the women's side, US tennis is DEAD. With Lindsay and Serena basically retired, and Venus close to it, there's nothing. The best hope is Jamea Jackson, who's a great athlete, but realistically only a Top 30 player at best.

The men's side... Roddick will be a Top 10-20 player alone with his serve, Blake has a few more years, but after that, who knows. Donald Young is hyped to the moon, and does have talent, but he's still a few years off.

On the women's side, US tennis is DEAD. With Lindsay and Serena basically retired, and Venus close to it, there's nothing. The best hope is Jamea Jackson, who's a great athlete, but realistically only a Top 30 player at best.

The men's side... Roddick will be a Top 10-20 player alone with his serve, Blake has a few more years, but after that, who knows. Donald Young is hyped to the moon, and does have talent, but he's still a few years off.

This is the worst state I've seen US tennis in quite some time, and with Agassi's impeding retirement this year it is all but dead. Really, Roddick's only got his 140-something mph serve, but if you block it then you made it. Everything else on his arsenal is regular or downright mediocre. Blake still has a way to go, but I don't see him ever reaching the levels of excellence of guys like Agassi, Sampras, or even Jim Courier. That Young kid you're talking about, I don't even know who he is.

The US better thank God for the Bryan brothers, as they're the only champions they have right now left. If they work hard maybe they can help Blake and Roddick squeeze a Davis Cup win perhaps, and even that's a longshot at this point.

Guest Princess Leena

The US doesn't give a shit about Davis Cup. :P

It's near impossible for them to win, because if any other team has home advantage... play on clay, Roddick can't beat anyone on there, and Blake sucks on it too. The end.

Guest Princess Leena

Somewhat.

I really thought Nikki could have beat St. KFC, though, who I hate most.

Now, Kimmie wins like 6-1 6-2, and loses to Justine in shocking fashion.

I think we might just get a Mauresmo/Henin-Hardenne rematch with Justine winning this one.

Guest Princess Leena

This Mauresmo-Myskina match is hideous, though. Amelie will have to play better to beat Maria. But, if Amelie just keep her forehand in, I like her chances, as Maria always struggles against her.

Justine looks better and better to win the whole thing.

Federer killed Not So Super Mario today. I don't see him losing a set here now.

Tomorrow's the last exciting day of the tourney as far as I'm concerned as it's possiblethat Maria might go home and that Justine might make her 3rd Slam Final of the year.

Guest Princess Leena

With Hewitt playing average today, Roger has this title firmly secured. Boring.

I have a bad feeling Maria wins the title... ugh.

She might, but I will stick to my prediction that she only wins one Grand Slam Title.

Hewitt isn't done yet, but it doesn't look good. I'm still hoping for a Federer-Nadal final.

Guest Princess Leena

I'm not confident of Justine on grass. Her game isn't suited for it anymore. And Maria can overpower her on it.

I wouldnt mind Maria if she wasnt so damm load on court, every time she plays I hit mute. Henin on the other hand is so graceful, she can change speeds and she has a wonderful backhand.

As for the mens, Federer was out of this world today. No-one will touch him on grass. having seen Nadal's matches so far he needs to learn how to move better on grass which is a skill that many clay courters have not mastered. The movement and therefore being able to hit well is part of the reason why Nalbanian made the final in '02. To be honest if Nadal gets to the final there is only one outcome, straight sets for Federer. Anyway I think he will lose to Bagdadis in the semis.

Guest Princess Leena

Rafa's biggest problem is his massive topspin shots (especially on the forehand), are a liability on grass, whereas they're extremely tough to handle on clay and higher bouncing hardcourts.

When you take away most of his effectiveness on his shots, he can only rely on his speed, impeccable fitness, and huge amount of confidence. Which will probably be good enough to make the final.

You're probably right about Nadal, Leena. Right now he's making short work of Nieminen but he's still got to face Baghdatis in the semis to reach that dream final. And I'm placing Federer in the finals no matter what cinderella-story Jonas Bjorkman is living right now. He'll come down to earth when he faces Roger next.

I think Baghdatis might give Rafa quite a few problems, but I'm not really comfortable making a prediction here since Nadal has been performing above expectations. Granted, it's been against somewhat weak competition, but still, it's on grass.

Nothing would please me more than Federer beating Nadal in straight sets for the Title, and don't get me wrong, I like Rafa Nadal. But if he reaches the final you have to believe he'll put his maximum effort in order to achieve the biggest upset and beat Roger, and I kinda worry about that.

Justine whooped Kimmy's ass yet again. Henin-Hardenne hasn't even dropped a set yet. It amazes me that she's dominating the WTA Tour this time around because she's definitely not on any PE's and I wouldn't have said that was the case when she was ruling the roost in 2003. It is great however to see her back on top because she's got the best variety and the biggest heart out there.

Guest Princess Leena

Justine really doesn't have the variety anymore... she had to turn into a powerful basher like her enemies to compete with them. And since she works hard, and actually wants to play tennis unlike most of the lazy sloths on the WTA, she usually comes out ahead despite her lack of size.

I can't watch this Maria match.

The one hit wonder is out, and I get the rematch I wanted. Hopefully JuJu reclaims her honor and smoked Amelie for #6 and the Career Slam on Saturday. If not, I'll be content with Amelie leaving the Sharapova/Clijsters level of highly talented choke artists with 1 Slam.

Guest Hemme

Sharapova got booted by that horse faced bird, shame that.

What a crappy final, the horse face is rank & Hennin-Hardon, looks like a dirty, bag-snatching, smackhead I know from Manchester, who'll pull you off for a bluey, I can't root for her now can I?

What? You dont think I watch womens Tennis for the sport do you?

:huh:

Guest Princess Leena
The one hit wonder is out, and I get the rematch I wanted. Hopefully JuJu reclaims her honor and smoked Amelie for #6 and the Career Slam on Saturday. If not, I'll be content with Amelie leaving the Sharapova/Clijsters level of highly talented choke artists with 1 Slam.

Amelie has already choked in the last 2 matches... and survived because Maria was dreadful in the 3rd.

I don't see her having a chance in hell to finish off Justine.

I feel really sorry for Bjorkman right now.

He's just managed his third game so at least he's avoided another love set.

Guest Princess Leena

Poor Jonas. Mean ol' Roger couldn't at least suck for a set.