TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

2006 NBA Draft

Apparently they moved up to get Aldridge. ESPN was reporting earlier that they would draft Thomas and then trade him to Chicago anyways so this speeds up the process.

Im guessing they gave up #4 and #30 or maybe some of their newly aquired players.

Aldridge was probably going to be there at no. 4. Why trade up?

Chicago may have taken Aldridge at #2 in order to get Thomas from Portland and something extra. Thats what I was hearing earlier anyways.

1st pick is... Bargnani.

Most people saw this one coming.

Chicago's on the board and is expected to pick up Aldridge.

Chris Sheridan is saying over in a chat on ESPN that the Garnett to Chicago rumors have been red hot all day, and each camp has a different spin on things. Sounds like both #1s and Chandler could be the ransom. Probably couldn't go official until July 1 for salary cap purposes, but I still doubt that any deal is imminent.

Alright here's what I want for the Sixers:

Pipe dream is to get Randy Foye, but he won't last past 8.

I'm cool with Cedric Simmons or Hilton Armstrong at 13. Marcus Williams would be good too but the red flags against him scare me a little.

I hope to God they don't take JJ Redick, which is what I expect Billy King to do.

A local radio guy was talking about how the people in Oklahoma should pay attention to the Hornets draft(b/c we may end up keeping them) but we should also pay attention to the Trailblazers and Sonics draft because we may get one of them if the Hornets make the mistake of leaving. Hmmm......I'll just pay attention to the Celtics.

Okafor, Felton, May, and Morrison. I guess it's a team that Vitale would really love if there were more Dukies there.

Not a bad strategy for a young team to draft guys who have proven something in college. At least they get known production, whereas taking a gamble on someone could set a franchise back for years.

Remember earlier in the thread when I said the Bulls are in great shape and that Paxson is a fantastic GM? Here's a little proof... they get the player they want in the draft, at a lesser cost and get a decent player out of it as well (Kryapa's more than a throw-in). Awesome.

"Memphis is making a deal to get to the 8th pick of the draft.

This may be to get Rudy Gay. This would eliminate Gay getting to the 10th pick.

The Grizzlies will give up Mike Miller to Houston for the 8th pick and Houston is sending Juwan Howard to the Grizzlies.

Put the Grizzlies in the 8th spot on the draft board " Seattle Sonics website

I don't see anything wrong with what Chicago did.

They got a warm body (Ok maybe a cold body) and the player they really wanted (Who has a lot more heart than lamarcus aldrirdge , between aldridge and Gay, this draft has the two most passive players ever)

I like this, lets see who Chicago gets later on, and they might end up with Portlands 30th overall pick, which would be another quality player (Mike Gansey would fit in perfectly if they trade off Ben Gordon and parts for Garnett, that might be a good fit, since Gansey immediately has better defense than Gordon)

Oh lord, leave it to Vitale to come on when Shelden is picked.

Stupid would've been taking a small forward.

More from Sonics:

Apparently Memphis wants Marcus Williams.

Jordan wanted Gay but was outvoted.

"Memphis is making a deal to get to the 8th pick of the draft.

This may be to get Rudy Gay. This would eliminate Gay getting to the 10th pick.

The Grizzlies will give up Mike Miller to Houston for the 8th pick and Houston is sending Juwan Howard to the Grizzlies.

Put the Grizzlies in the 8th spot on the draft board " Seattle Sonics website

Huh. As a Rockets fan I have to say "What?"

Edit: Mike Miller is not enough to move down from 8 to 24.

Stupid would've been taking a small forward.

More from Sonics:

Apparently Memphis wants Marcus Williams.

Jordan wanted Gay but was outvoted.

I wish Atlanta had taken a small forward. Like say Rudy Gay. OMG, the hilarity.

That'd have been like Detroit taking 3 wide receivers in a row in the nfl :P