TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

2006 NBA Draft

Just heard on ESPNnews that the Blazers have dealt Sebastian Telfair to the Celtics for the 7 pick and a package of players. I like this deal for the Blazers because Telfair wasn't amounting to anything and they should be able to get a nice player at 7 or package it to get something half decent. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first part of a larger Iverson trade for the Celtics, but that's still just speculation at this point.

On another note, is there any other team in better shape for the next 5 or so years than the Chicago Bulls? They've been to playoffs two straight years, they have an excellent core of young players (Gordon, Deng, Hinrich, Nocioni, Chandler), enough cap room to get two quality players this offseason (Pryzbilla, B Wallace, Harrington?) and STILL have cap room, two picks tonight including the no. 2 and a probable top 5 pick next year in one of the deepest drafts in a long time. Paxson deserves a raise for turning that pile of shit into roses in Chicago.

Nate McMillan preferes Jarret Jack over Telfair anyways so this probably works out well. I think the Blazers really want to suck as bad as possible next year anyways in order to get Oden or Noah.

Isiah deserves a raise for helping Paxson turn that pile of shit into roses in Chicago.

That too.

Well like it was said earlier, it won't be too hard for them to suck next year, no matter who they get tonight or the deals they make. Although having the #4 and #7 pick they could get two quality players. No franchise guys, but solid complementary guys.

Nate McMillan preferes Jarret Jack over Telfair anyways so this probably works out well. I think the Blazers really want to suck as bad as possible next year anyways in order to get Oden or Noah.

They are going to suck next year no matter what. It was a mistake to draft Telfair in the first place. He won't amount to much more than a quality back-up in the NBA. Might as well cut bait instead of pretending that he might become something.

What i'm hearing here around Boston is the deal is:

Portland gets:

7th pick

Dickau

Lafrentz

Boston gets:

Telfair

Ratliff

I love Ainge!

DP!

Also the Iverson rumors are still floating involving Gerald Green and others to Philly.

Kinda would be weird but good.

Telfair

Iverson

Pierce

Ratliff

Perkins

Just heard on ESPNnews that the Blazers have dealt Sebastian Telfair to the Celtics for the 7 pick and a package of players. I like this deal for the Blazers because Telfair wasn't amounting to anything and they should be able to get a nice player at 7 or package it to get something half decent. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first part of a larger Iverson trade for the Celtics, but that's still just speculation at this point.

I think it's a fair deal for both teams. Everyone wants to write off Telfair but he had a really good stretch at the end of his rookie season. And if it wasn't for the thumb injury early in the year last season which led to Blake/Dixon/Jack becoming the rotation he'd have had a much better year. When Telfair got back there wasn't a defined role or spot waiting for him and he struggled. But anyone who calls him a bust or thinks he'll be a career backup is way off base.

The Celtics had obviously set their minds on a PG and felt that Telfair had as much talent and upside as any of the guys who would be there at #7 (Rondo, Foye, Williams). I can't say that I disagree. He's 20 years old with two seasons of pro experience under his belt and now a chip on his shoulder. I have no doubt he's going to develop into a really good player for the Celtics. The only way this looks bad for Boston is if someone like Roy drops to #7 and becomes an all-star caliber player.

And for the Blazers, McMillian had soured on Telfair so they cashed in on a good draft pick. Now they can be comfortable taking Morrison at 4 if he's there and maybe grabbing a Cedric Simmons at #7. And if Atlanta goes through with taking Williams at #5 they'll end up with the option of taking a guy who was discussed in the top 4. How good would the Blazers look if they ended up with two home state stars in Morrison and Roy?

How good would the Blazers look if they ended up with two home state stars in Morrison and Roy?

Well, two CLOSE to home state stars anyway. As for right now, the Blazers are still in Oregon.

... For right now...

Also, Draft the 'Stache

How good would the Blazers look if they ended up with two home state stars in Morrison and Roy?

To those of you not living on the west coast, let me remind you that the Pacific Northwest is not one big state.

As for the possibility of Morrison AND Roy ending up in Portland, I'd be ecstatic. Hell I'm just happy there aren't any high schoolers for them to waste picks on in this year's draft.

I like this draft. Mostly because there are still going to be quality players on the board when the suns draft.

I heard on the radio that Michael Jordan hates Keith Van Morrison, and wants the Bobcats to take Brandon Roy. So that pick should be a good indicator of who is calling the shots there.

I hope the Jordan Farmar somehow falls to the Lakers, or they trade up for him. Neither has a chance of happening though.

I heard on the radio that Michael Jordan hates Keith Van Morrison, and wants the Bobcats to take Brandon Roy. So that pick should be a good indicator of who is calling the shots there.

I hope the Jordan Farmar somehow falls to the Lakers, or they trade up for him. Neither has a chance of happening though.

I also heard that Brandon Roy blew off a couple of workouts with the Bobcats because he doesn't want to play in Charlotte. Jordan is the ONLY person in the Bobcats' front office that doesn't like Adam Morrison, so tonight's pick will be a major indicator as to who calls the shots. I think they'll pick Adam Morrison, Rudy Gay is a possibility, and Brandon Roy would probably be the least likely of the three guys.

Roy does a lot of what Scottie did in Chicago. He shoots well from everywhere, plays defense, and loves to take charges. I don't think Charlotte could do wrong by picking him at #3.

Roy does a lot of what Scottie did in Chicago. He shoots well from everywhere, plays defense, and loves to take charges. I don't think Charlotte could do wrong by picking him at #3.

Up until a few minutes ago, I thought Roy would be the perfect pick for the Bobcats and was exactly what they needed. After I heard that he blew off workouts and didn't want to play in Charlotte, my hopes kind of fell flat and I doubt he is the pick.

The one bad thing about new rule that makes everyone spend at least one year in college, is that it makes Dick Vitale totally useless now. The only reason to watch him on the Draft was for his yearly "HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS ARE RUINING THE NBA, I'LL TAKE THE GUY WITH 4 YEARS OF COLLEGE EXPERIENCE BABY" rant.

Here's the pulse on the Bobcats pick, so do what you want with it.

-Adam Morrison's agent says he won't fall past 3, but doesn't have any guarantees. Michael Jordan does not like Morrison because he reminds of him of a Dan Majerle type, and Jordan had no problem carving those types up

-Brandon Roy would have been the pick but completely blew off working out for them, which enraged Michael

-Gay is seemingly the "Jordan Choice", but most feel that he is likely to be a bust at the next level. He is great in workouts, but Jordan was fooled before with Kwame Brown and his workouts

Why doesn't ESPN have the clock counting down like they do in the NFL Draft?

Draft doesn't officially start until 7:30. This is just the "pre-show".

The Seattle Sonics website is reporting Portland traded up to #2 which means most likely Morrison.

Apparently they moved up to get Aldridge. ESPN was reporting earlier that they would draft Thomas and then trade him to Chicago anyways so this speeds up the process.

Im guessing they gave up #4 and #30 or maybe some of their newly aquired players.