TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Attack of the Juggalos!

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/crime/s...p-5211501c.html

Fort Steilacoom unsafe at night, police caution

STACEY MULICK; The News Tribune

Published: June 27th, 2006 01:00 AM

Lakewood police are warning residents to stay out of Fort Steilacoom Park at night after 23 people were victimized in three attacks last week.

The people – who told police they didn’t know their attackers – were beaten with sticks, threatened with a machete or robbed of their cell phones, wallets or shoes during incidents after the park closed Tuesday and Wednesday, police Lt. Dave Guttu said.

“People should be aware that they are really putting themselves in danger in the park after dark,” he said.

No arrests have been reported but investigators suspect the same attackers – a group of seven to eight men in their teens to early 20s – might be behind the incidents. Guttu said detectives have leads they are following.

The attackers told their victims they were Juggalos, devoted fans of the Detroit rap group Insane Clown Posse.

“We haven’t confirmed that but that’s what they are claiming,” Guttu said.

Police say they are aware of local youths who claim to be part of the Juggalo subculture but have seen no violence from them.

“Apparently, they are escalating in violence,” Guttu said.

In the incidents, the attackers approached a group of people in the park and stole their wallets and cell phones. One attacker used a machete to intimidate the victims, Guttu said. They beat up at least three people using sticks and took the shoes of some victims.

The incidents occurred after midnight, long after the dusk closing time of the park.

“All the victims were in the park outside the posted rules,” Guttu said.

More than a dozen uniformed and plainclothes officers have conducted three operations in the park since the attacks. The officers have made contacts with visitors. They have written tickets for those who were in the park after hours (a $500 fine) and for possession of marijuana.

Stacey Mulick: 253-597-8268

So ICP - devout Christians that flat-out TOLD their fanbase on The Wraith that they shouldn't be worshipped, and who always say in even pseudo-serious interviews that they're a joke act - fans are still fucking idiots. I get it.

Makes the Boston Beatdown/FSU crew seem downright honorable. At least they only ganged up on people that were being dicks, more often than not.

I hate every ICP fan on earth, but myself.

I've encountered Insane Clown Posse fans who are adults. They're real scary, and take the whole thing way too seriously.

I wonder what ICP thinks of their retarded fans.

They're probably happy that their fans are diehard, but at the same time disturbed at how the majority of their fanbase doesn't actually get it.

They're a fucking joke, kids. THEY WEAR CLOWN MAKEUP. THEY OWN THEIR OWN WRESTLING PROMOTION. THEY OUTRIGHT SAY THEY'RE A JOKE ON THEIR ALBUMS. Jeez...I've never heard of any Gwar fans taking the whole act too seriously, have you?

Thats the problem Laz, none of their fans get it. ICP is just a fun novelty comedy/rap act.

The only thing serious about ICP are the religious undertones and messages in certain songs. Thats it. And it's obvious that 99% of their fans don't get that.

I hate every ICP fan on earth, but myself.

does that include me?

No, it means every "juggalo"...like that guy above.

They're probably happy that their fans are diehard, but at the same time disturbed at how the majority of their fanbase doesn't actually get it.

They're a fucking joke, kids. THEY WEAR CLOWN MAKEUP. THEY OWN THEIR OWN WRESTLING PROMOTION. THEY OUTRIGHT SAY THEY'RE A JOKE ON THEIR ALBUMS. Jeez...I've never heard of any Gwar fans taking the whole act too seriously, have you?

I'm A SCUMDOG OF THE UNIVERSE!!!! *bites the head off of a monkey*

Yeah, I used to like ICP right when I first heard them, then I met some die-hards... and distanced myself from the group there-after.

I would have to say that I am a huge juggalo. I have been a fan since 1998 and buy all the albums from them and their label mates. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I am one of those stupid fans though. I enjoy the groups for what they are. Entertaining (at least for me) music acts that try not to take themselves seriously. I love their music and what they have to say but they are right, they aren't a very good group. They are a couple of guys in clown make-up that throw soda during their concerts. I HATE juggalos like the ones in the article. If they actually listened to the lyrics of the sings that would realize that they are the people that ICP talk about hating.

True juggalos enjoy the group for the entertainment factor.