TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - July/3rd/2006.

I'm really hoping somebody can put out a screencap of that kid acting like that other kid from Home Alone after Edge won the title.

Go to page 22 of this thread.

If Orton wasn't so goddamn overly dramatic all the time, his promos could be decent.

He's like Cena, wasted potential.

Cena got held back by his own gimmick, but he's at least trying to make it work, he's still over.

Now Orton, he's just lazy as all hell. Dude's been handed the ball and dropped it so many times.

Now RVD will probably get fucked over smokin a joint, and taking a few pain pills while Orton gets to face Hulk Fuckin Hogan at SummerSlam?

Why? Because HHH likes Orton.

Oh, fuck it, HH will be a world champ, Hogan will get one last run for jobbing to Orton at SS.

Flair will probably get a last run to put over HHH real big when he loses it to him and retires or something.

Shawn Michaels will get another world title.

And then there's Booker T, and a ton of other guys who would be better as a world champ.

If RVD looses the ECW title tommorow night, and does an injury angle or something, that's way fucked up.

But yeah, all these guys are over, most have done something to help get Orton over, and it ain't working for some reason. He got some reactions with the Foley fued, but died back down, then the Taker fued he was horrible with it, and he still stutters, and repeats shit. like it's being dramatic, but it really makes him seem mentally retarded.

He's lazy on his mic work and his ring work.

When he gets motivated I like the guy.

His matches with Benoit and Foley, and a few other guys were fuckin awesome.

RVD was damn unmotivated for a long time, he got hurt for the first time in ages, and he's gettin booed now.

And the bad part is he's actually motivated now, he's been having tons of good matches staring around the time ECW was announced, and now he's fucked over weed and pain pills, when 50 % of the locker room has most likely used or still use steriods of some kind.

Ah fuck it, RVD got to legit hold the WWFECW mofuckin' World Heavyweight Title.

And now Edge has it for the second time.

I'm happy with the title scene right now, if they keep RVD in it.

It's a lot better then Goddamn HBK vs. HHH Part whatever the hell it's gonna be for the title.

Or any of those other title runs I mentioned above.

Jesus, RVD's fucked.

I'm gonna go curl up in a corner with the lights out, and cry while I sing along to 'My Immortal'.

Peace out, ya'll.

Well, another crap Raw. The DX shit was boring and just not funny. I couldn't care less about the dumb divas. There were no good matches either(not even the main-event). The only good thing was Edge winning the title.

Lets hope Edge gets a decent run this time!

RVD jobbing the title the night after being busted exposes the business more then his kicks, punches and elbows.

Happy to see Edge with the title again. Would have liked to see him get it back under better circumstances, though.

The DX/McMahon crap made this one of the worst Raws in recent history.

RVD jobbing the title the night after being busted exposes the business more then his kicks, punches and elbows.

More than Triple H pretending to get a blowjob when his zipped up crotch was in plain sight?

More than Triple H pretending to get a blowjob when his zipped up crotch was in plain sight?

He's got a bazooka so it doesn't matter. Duh.

For this angle to work, the girl would have to be like legitmately 15. Back in the WWE Attitude era, it probably could have worked and went over big.

I remember when Orton was on Smackdown, people talking about an angle with Orton and Eddie Guerrero's daughter. That coulda worked.

But I dont think angle goes anywhere.

I mean the girl is 18, and fucking Orton is only like 24 himself.

Wow...thats so taboo..I mean I never have seen a 24yr old guy hook up with an 18yr old girl.... :shock

That's exactly what I was thinking. Ooooo...WWE is parodying stuff that happens on American college campuses every fall...how edgy!

How is Orton supposed to be a heel in this? He's a young guy who thinks Brooke Hogan is hot.

And WWE is also kidding themselves if they think the fans will care about Hogan vs Orton.

Although I love Edge and want to see him as champ (I rooted for him at Vengeance, and you know I've always liked him) the timing was bad. I know why they did it, but I was disappointed that they didn't stretch it out til SNME, and it sucks that RVD, another old favorite of mine, lost his one shot at the top. *Smokes one for RVD*

WWE should've just waited to take the WWE belt off RVD until SNME to make Edge's second title win more meaningful, but since Rob is not one of Vince's golden boys he'll most likely loose the ECW belt to Test tonight.

Guest InuYasha
Well according to the www.ecw.com page, the match tommorow is for BOTH belt(s) so I guess that Edge still have something to gain by winning, while RVD will try to become a dual champ again.

It will be interesting to see how the match plays out.

As someone speculated a few pages back, there's a pretty good chance Edge will win the ECW Title tonight because Paul Heyman will turn on RVD. In McMahon-Bizarro World, that will both further the ECW brand's storyline, AND continue RVD's punishment.

Slightly off-subject: As soon as Vince didn't come out and poo-poo all over the "Let's do the SNME Match Tonight" announcement, we should have known RVD would be staring at ceiling before the night was up.

Well according to the www.ecw.com page, the match tommorow is for BOTH belt(s) so I guess that Edge still have something to gain by winning, while RVD will try to become a dual champ again.

It will be interesting to see how the match plays out.

As someone speculated a few pages back, there's a pretty good chance Edge will win the ECW Title tonight because Paul Heyman will turn on RVD. In McMahon-Bizarro World, that will both further the ECW brand's storyline, AND continue RVD's punishment.

Slightly off-subject: As soon as Vince didn't come out and poo-poo all over the "Let's do the SNME Match Tonight" announcement, we should have known RVD would be staring at ceiling before the night was up.

Vince hasn't shown any interest or concern about the entire ECW situation aside from a brief mention in a promo. The whole ECW/RVD Vs Raw thing only exists to JR and King. The rest of the show doesn't even know there is an ECW.

I've found that highly bizarre. I mean what should be more important in the grand scheme of things? Two guys having a mid life crisis and thinking they are still edgy and cool, or a guy from (in theory) another federation holding his world title hostage

The reason it's a foolish bait and switch is because it fucks up the booking for no particular reason. This RVD legal crap might take a while to sort itself out, and since it happened in the middle of nowhere there really hasn't been any media attention. They should have just kept it on him till SNME and then job him.

That's the thing. They don't even pretend like it's another federation. It's just a different brand under the WWE umbrella, like Raw and Smackdown. They could have done this whole thing a hell of a lot better, but then again, if they're going to blow the whole promotion apart by firing/suspending/depushing RVD and Sabu, it won't matter anyway.

The original plan for last night's Triple Threat "Pick Your Partner" tag team match was John Cena & Carlito vs. Edge & Johnny Nitro vs. Rob Van Dam & Sabu. Once the decision was made to have RVD drop the WWE Championship to Edge, Nitro and Carlito were put into a singles match for the Intercontinental Championship that was announced on Monday afternoon on WWE.Com.

WWE should've just waited to take the WWE belt off RVD until SNME to make Edge's second title win more meaningful, but since Rob is not one of Vince's golden boys he'll most likely loose the ECW belt to Test tonight.

You do know its RVD vs Edge title vs title right?

Umm, this is the preview for tonight's ECW show:

Last night on RAW, Edge captured the WWE Championship by defeating Rob Van Dam in a Triple Threat Match. As a result of last night’s show, the state of tonight’s edition of ECW on Sci Fi is up in the air.

ECW.com has learned that ECW representative Paul Heyman will address the status of the ECW World Heavyweight Championship, which as of this moment is still held by Rob Van Dam.

It doesn't say anywhere that the Edge/RVD match is still on.

Umm, this is the preview for tonight's ECW show:

Last night on RAW, Edge captured the WWE Championship by defeating Rob Van Dam in a Triple Threat Match. As a result of last night’s show, the state of tonight’s edition of ECW on Sci Fi is up in the air.

ECW.com has learned that ECW representative Paul Heyman will address the status of the ECW World Heavyweight Championship, which as of this moment is still held by Rob Van Dam.

It doesn't say anywhere that the Edge/RVD match is still on.

Well then...I really hope they didn't change that match. I was looking forward to what the finish was going to be.

Guest StylesMark

I don't see the problem with Edge pinning RVD.

RVD is the champion. Edge can say he beat the champion. Shit, that's what I would have done.

The original plan for last night's Triple Threat "Pick Your Partner" tag team match was John Cena & Carlito vs. Edge & Johnny Nitro vs. Rob Van Dam & Sabu. Once the decision was made to have RVD drop the WWE Championship to Edge, Nitro and Carlito were put into a singles match for the Intercontinental Championship that was announced on Monday afternoon on WWE.Com.

how much you bet Ross and King wouldnt even have mentioned Cenas previous feud with Carlito? i mean how do you book that? Cena (in kayfabe) thought Carlito had him stabbed

I don't see the problem with Edge pinning RVD.

RVD is the champion. Edge can say he beat the champion. Shit, that's what I would have done.

And he had Cena do the dirty work for him with the FU, so all he had to do was blindside Cena with the belt and have RVD all to himself.

A pretty logical finish, if you ask me.