TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Box Office Report...

I think it's sort of sad that some of the very best comics/books that would lend themselves to film are stuck in hell.

Specifically the best comic book ever: Watchmen, and (IMO) the best sci fi book ever Neuromancer.

V was great, and Constantine was surprisingly good.

Of course then you have Frank Miller's terrible Robocop 3 and William Gibson's terrible Johnny Mnemonic, and maybe it's mostly best left to pulp.

Superman Returns will do just fine. Although, it bugs me when people put the cost of the movie at 350+ mil since it was in production for so long.

Yeah, it's Singer's fault that they spent 100+ mil on the movie before they even started it.

The only reason anyone should ever care about box office returns is that it influences what types of movies are more likely to get made. The fact that Superman Returns made the suits at Warner Brothers a few million less than they'd hoped should pretty much only be the concern of the shareholders of AOL-Time-Warner.

The fact that it didn't do better then War of the Worlds is a slight disappointment

Maybe Routh should have jumped on Oprah's couch.

The fact that it didn't do better then War of the Worlds is a slight disappointment

Did Routh do ANY interviews at all? I swear, I don't remember that guy doing one thing.

Did Routh do ANY interviews at all? I swear, I don't remember that guy doing one thing.

Routh along with Spacey and Singer were all on Larry King Live.

C'mon, Captain America would outdraw Spiderman. Replace Nazi's with today's terrorists and then you have a smash.

Yeah, MAYBE in America, but worldwide the movie would make shit all for returns.

So my Grandma saw the entirety of their promotional work? Great...

Nothing brings in the fans like Larry King Live