TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Special K

The Island.

Take the pretty much best cast ever(McGregor, Scarlett Jo, Djiamon Honsu, Michael Clarke Duncan, Buscemi). A pinch of really great special effects. A dash of Phillip K Dick. Then squat down and shit all over it because you're the worst fucking director ever.

He has the reverse Midas Touch. Give him a solid bar of gold, and it's lead.

I thought the movie was great, untill the got out. Then the film just turned into CAR CHASE!! CAR CRASH!! HELICOPTERS!! EXPLOSIONS!! MORE CAR CHASES!! MORE EXPOLOSIONS!! EVEN MORE CAR CHASES!! and it just got boring and crap.

whoa vivi...Blade Runner and Total Recall weren't horrible movies...they just had nothing to do with the novels (Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? and We'll Remember It For You, Wholesale)! :lol:

Guest Smues
Island: The Clonus Horror

I wonder whatever happened with that lawsuit

Damn I wanted to be the one to make that joke. Last I heard the lawsuit was still pending, you know how slow the courts are these days. Having watched both films I'd say there is a decent case there. The first thing I thought of when I watched the trailer for The Island was that it was a remake of Clonus, but I figured it was just coincidence and that the movie itself wouldn't be very similar. Then I watched it and damn there's a LOT of overlap. And of course the biggest simularity of all: Both movies sucked ass. Although I do agree that before they escaped the clone land in The Island the movie was a lot better than afterwards. But even that stuff wasn't that great.

whoa vivi...Blade Runner and Total Recall weren't horrible movies...they just had nothing to do with the novels (Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? and We'll Remember It For You, Wholesale)! :lol:

Minority Report was cool, too.

Minority Report was cool, too.

good call, i forgot about that one!

Didn't Dick say to Ridley Scott before his death that his interpretation of Blade Runner was exactly how he imagined it. Also, I get to go see a sneak of A Scanner Darkly next week, looks interesting at least in the execution of the picture.

Okay, those are exceptions. I didn't mean all of this novels, but I was aiming mostly at Paycheck. Minority Report was in the middle for me.

Speaking of Paycheck, I maintain it is the worst of Affleck's stuff from his career killing 2003-04 period. Yes, I found it worse than Gigli, Jersey Girl, and Survivng Christmas. Know why? Cause it actually could have been decent.

Guest Smues
I forget where I read it, but I heard Scarlett wanted to be topless in the love scene in the Island and Michael Bay talked her out of it. If that doesn't make him "the suck", I don't know what does.

From what I remember she was bitching about the bra she had to wear being really uncomfortable and she'd rather do the scene nude but Bay told her it's PG-13 so she couldn't.

Okay, those are exceptions. I didn't mean all of this novels, but I was aiming mostly at Paycheck.

I forgot how much that movie sucked. I hate Paycheck.

I forget where I read it, but I heard Scarlett wanted to be topless in the love scene in the Island and Michael Bay talked her out of it. If that doesn't make him "the suck", I don't know what does.

From what I remember she was bitching about the bra she had to wear being really uncomfortable and she'd rather do the scene nude but Bay told her it's PG-13 so she couldn't.

:angry:

About Dick, he has so many kick-ass novellas they could do an entire series of them for years, a la masters of Horror.

A Scanner Darkly looks interesting.

I'm Tom Lincoln!

About Dick, he has so many kick-ass novellas they could do an entire series of them for years, a la masters of Horror.

A Scanner Darkly looks interesting.

Just saw it tonight. It was very cool. They've really perfected that style of animation (as compared to Waking Life, which is great in its own right). I haven't read the story, so I can't compare, but I'm definitely going to see it once more in the theatre.

I really want to see "A Scanner Darkly". It's one of the few summer movies I'm looking forward to.

As for Bay, I'm just pissed off that he was chosen to direct the upcoming "Transformers" movie.