TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon

HEATH LEDGER CAST AS THE JOKER!!!

Someone mentioned Weaving but I think he would be better as Two Face. I gotta say this: I think doing the Joker again at all is a big mistake. There is no one who is going to touch Nicholson. No one will be as well liked in the role, at least not in a live action film (Hamill's cartoon voice work is awesome).

Why not do a totally new villain, or at least do a villain that was fucked up before and do him right? That's why Two Face is a better idea. He wasn't done well in Batman Forever and he's still a big enough name.

I might also suggest doing a movie with Bane as the villain.

Guest netslob
As for Harvey Dent, I know someone a while ago suggested Billy Zane, and I think thats a perfect choice.

seconded. i think Billy's got the acting chops to pull it off.

y'know what Batman villain i would kill to see in a movie?

the Ventriloquist and Scarface.

Come on the Bane from Batman and Robin wasn't that bad. Oh wait, yeah he was. Even Batman the Animated Series had trouble coming up with a good interpretation of Bane.

The only way you could really do the Bane character justice is if you do a sort of abbreviated version of the whole Knightfall storyline (although without introducing Azrael).

That said, I think that Bane could work if he was written as some sort of uber-assassin that is brought into Gotham by whomever the main villain is to take out Batman. But really, he'd have to be more of a supporting role.

Even Batman the Animated Series had trouble coming up with a good interpretation of Bane.

Yeah, I saw that episode and was pissed that they were too chickenshit to go through with the Knightfall storyline.

Guest netslob
Even Batman the Animated Series had trouble coming up with a good interpretation of Bane.

Yeah, I saw that episode and was pissed that they were too chickenshit to go through with the Knightfall storyline.

i didn't catch that one...what'd they do instead?

I'd like to see Angelina Joline play Catwoman. Of course, the character would have to be completely divorced from what they were trying to do in either Batman Returns, Birds of Prey, or the Catwoman movie. Its sad that the handling of this character was done best in the 1960s movie and TV show.

IIts sad that the handling of this character was done best in the 1960s movie and TV show.

Cat puns, henchmen out the ass instead of a sole burglar working for her own ends, and periodic alliances with supervillains to kill Bats?!

Come on the Bane from Batman and Robin wasn't that bad. Oh wait, yeah he was. Even Batman the Animated Series had trouble coming up with a good interpretation of Bane.

I hated the way they made Bane look when the cartoon moved to the WB. Didn't know Bane was into S&M.

Jack Nicholson did not play the Joker. Jack Nicholson played Jack Nicholson in goofy makeup. Those two movies don't exist, as far as I'm concerned.

Robin Williams is too old. Mark Hamill is just a fucking ridiculously stupid choice. And dubbing in his voice would be even worse. I mean, don't get me wrong, the guy RULES in the animated series, but.... has he even done a live action movie since Star Wars?

I think the casting of Heath Ledger is a clue to where Nolan is going with the character, a bit more straight, "plausibly impossible," like the first movie. The more I think about it, the better it gets. I cannot freakin' wait.

also, Clive Owen should be Harvey Dent/Two Face.

Crispin Glover would be the perfect guy to be the next Joker:

crispinjoker.jpg

But mold it so that he plays a version more along the lines of this:

joker22fy4jd.jpg

Crispin as the Conrad Veidt (Gwynplaine from The Man Who Laughs) version of a dark Joker, would be perfect in the Christopher Nolan Batman universe.

Guest netslob
Crispin Glover would be the perfect guy to be the next Joker:

crispinjoker.jpg

hate to say i told you so...

Guest netslob

they GOTTA go with the green hair and white skin at the very least...otherwise it's simply not the Joker.

Guest netslob
Mark Hamill is just a fucking ridiculously stupid choice. And dubbing in his voice would be even worse. I mean, don't get me wrong, the guy RULES in the animated series, but.... has he even done a live action movie since Star Wars?

ever see Corvette Summer?

take my advice...DON'T.

Robin Williams is too old. Mark Hamill is just a fucking ridiculously stupid choice. And dubbing in his voice would be even worse. I mean, don't get me wrong, the guy RULES in the animated series, but.... has he even done a live action movie since Star Wars?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000434/

my point exactly.

IIts sad that the handling of this character was done best in the 1960s movie and TV show.

Cat puns, henchmen out the ass instead of a sole burglar working for her own ends, and periodic alliances with supervillains to kill Bats?!

Keep in mind I'm comparing this to a Halle Berry movie, so yeah.

In the episode tentatively titled 'Bane', Rupert Thorne hires Bane to take out Batman. Bane proceeds to beat the shit out of Killer Croc (who was being persued by Batman and Robin), fucks up the Batmobile, and kidnaps Robin all within fifteen/twenty minutes of the episode. The climax of the episode ends with a big fight on a boat. Bane picks up Batman and prepares to go for the infamous backbreaker, but Batman thrusts a crumpled batarang into the controls that inject Bane with venom. This causes a rapid and uncontrollable feed into Bane's body before Batman pulls out the tube, stopping a fatal overdose of the drug, and Bane shrinks to normal size. Batman takes him to Thorne and plays a tape of Rupert's assistant, Candice, conspiring with Bane to take out Thorne.

Solid episode. It's on the Batman: TAS Volume 3 DVD.

http://worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/episodes/bane/

http://www.toonzone.net/anbat/btas/bane.html

I always thought Liev Schreiber would be the best choice for Harvey Dent. I mean, the Harvey from Batman: Year One and The Long Halloween looks almost exactly like him, and his style matches the role really well. Whether he'd rock it as Two-Face post acid facewash I'm not sure of, but I could see it.

MC-C1082-24.jpg

Guest netslob

In the episode tentatively titled 'Bane', Rupert Thorne hires Bane to take out Batman. Bane proceeds to beat the shit out of Killer Croc (who was being persued by Batman and Robin), fucks up the Batmobile, and kidnaps Robin all within fifteen/twenty minutes of the episode. The climax of the episode ends with a big fight on a boat. Bane picks up Batman and prepares to go for the infamous backbreaker, but Batman thrusts a crumpled batarang into the controls that inject Bane with venom. This causes a rapid and uncontrollable feed into Bane's body before Batman pulls out the tube, stopping a fatal overdose of the drug, and Bane shrinks to normal size. Batman takes him to Thorne and plays a tape of Rupert's assistant, Candice, conspiring with Bane to take out Thorne.

Solid episode. It's on the Batman: TAS Volume 3 DVD.

http://worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/episodes/bane/

http://www.toonzone.net/anbat/btas/bane.html

thanks bro...nice to see someone can answer a simple question.

I always thought Liev Schreiber would be the best choice for Harvey Dent. I mean, the Harvey from Batman: Year One and The Long Halloween looks almost exactly like him, and his style matches the role really well. Whether he'd rock it as Two-Face post acid facewash I'm not sure of, but I could see it.

now that you mentionit, he's not a bad choice either.

That Bane ep was really weird. It was like *right* after the show was renamed "Adventures of Batman and Robin."

Candice was such a frigid bitch that she was fun in every ep she appeared...but what the heck is the deal with Bats taking on the huge roided up killer and Robin challenges Candice? Bats was fighting for his life and Robin was wrestling Candice in the water, and either he was toying with her or really underestimated her because it looked like she was kicking his ass.

http://worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/bt...des/bane/24.jpg

MC-C1082-24.jpg

Totally agree with that one!

Jack Nicholson did not play the Joker. Jack Nicholson played Jack Nicholson in goofy makeup. Those two movies don't exist, as far as I'm concerned.

I think the casting of Heath Ledger is a clue to where Nolan is going with the character, a bit more straight, "plausibly impossible," like the first movie. The more I think about it, the better it gets. I cannot freakin' wait.

You're the only person on the Internet that thinks the same way I do about The Joker.Thanks for posting that.