TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

2006 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

I think it's funny that Luke Prokopec can sit in his house in Australia or wherever the fuck he is now and say he was traded for someone who was traded for Greg Maddux.

I heard a rumor that the Red Sox were gonna trade for Andruw Jones, and then they were going to trade Andruw Jones to the Astros for Roy Oswalt, who they were going to trade back to the Astros for Roger Clemens who they were gonna trade to Mets for Lastings Milledge and Heath Bell who they were gonna trade to the Astros for Brad Lidge who they were going to trade to the Mets for Roger Clemens who they were gonna trade to the Cubs for Greg Maddux, but the Cubs already traded Greg Maddux for Casear Izturis because he's got game-changing speed.

All the rumors about the Houston Astros are about 85% false, at least that's what Milo Hamilton said this morning on the radio, and Milo gives it to ya straight.

What surprised me is that virtually no prospects were traded. Joel Guzman is the only one who showed up on anyone's top 50 lists. It's a bad idea to trade your best prospects for rentals, but if all you give up are "C" level prospects, you make those moves.

Guest Princess Leena

I didn't realize how awful C.J. Henry's stats are. God, the Phillies are stupid. I know I'm late. :P

Doesn't Guzman have attitude issues?

Yes, he's lazy as hell and doesn't care about the game. He doesn't have a position either, and that's why they didn't care about dealing him.

According to a local radio guy, JD Drew nixed a deal that would have sent him to the SAWX.