TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

This is the NFL Preseason Thread

I'm not sure on the undrafted ROY but he was one of the undrafted WRs that people were surprised to see not get drafted (the other was Martin Nance, currently on the Bills.) Supposedly, Nance has also been making spectacular plays almost daily in minicamps and training camp.

I'm curious to see if D.J. Shockley gets any action tonight with the Falcons or if it's just Vick/Schaub. Also looking forward to seeing Chad Jackson and Maroney getting PT.

I agree with that. It isn't going to be a cakewalk, like when they could win with James Thrash as a starter, for any of the teams. I know it is a copout and cliche, but honestly with the teams this close it really is going to come down to which team loses the most key players to injury.

I've been saying all off-season that a 10-6 record could win the division this year. It really will come down to injuries, I'm happy that the defense has looked great so far, I think that was a big reason for the 6-10 record last year. What really scares me is the depth issues though, one big injury (Westbrook, Brown, Trotter, safeties) could mean that a young guy has to start, and you really take a gamble with that. Some of the rookies, especially Omar Gaither and LaJuan Ramsey are looking great so far, and I'm really happy that the offensive and defensive lines are young and deep and will only get better over time.

BTW, I'm going to the game on October 8th. I'm afraid that ESPN will hype that game 300 times worse than the Duke-UNC game that they used 3 different camera angles for back in March.

I agree with that. It isn't going to be a cakewalk, like when they could win with James Thrash as a starter, for any of the teams. I know it is a copout and cliche, but honestly with the teams this close it really is going to come down to which team loses the most key players to injury.

I've been saying all off-season that a 10-6 record could win the division this year. It really will come down to injuries, I'm happy that the defense has looked great so far, I think that was a big reason for the 6-10 record last year. What really scares me is the depth issues though, one big injury (Westbrook, Brown, Trotter, safeties) could mean that a young guy has to start, and you really take a gamble with that. Some of the rookies, especially Omar Gaither and LaJuan Ramsey are looking great so far, and I'm really happy that the offensive and defensive lines are young and deep and will only get better over time.

BTW, I'm going to the game on October 8th. I'm afraid that ESPN will hype that game 300 times worse than the Duke-UNC game that they used 3 different camera angles for back in March.

I'm not so worried if Westbrook gets injured, because Ryan Moats has shown his potential last year.

And they ARE going to hype the October 8th game badly.Think of how badly they have tried to make this whole McNabb Vs. Owens fued happen. I blame ESPN for this whole drama in the 1st place.

I'm not so worried if Westbrook gets injured, because Ryan Moats has shown his potential last year.

And they ARE going to hype the October 8th game badly.Think of how badly they have tried to make this whole McNabb Vs. Owens fued happen. I blame ESPN for this whole drama in the 1st place.

Oh I can imagine how bad the hype will be. Ed Werder reporting from Dallas that week and Sal Paolontonio reporting from Philadelphia, with about 80 percent of each Sportscenter the week before the game devoted to it. I bet WIP will be worse with Cataldi, his Retard Thirty, including that moron garbageman Shoulderpad Shawn, and Eskin kicking the hype machine into full gear that week.

I certainly hope not, I mean, I am already avoiding Baseball Tonight because of the overbearing "A-rod in NY" bullshit.

I am sure the hype will be there in full force, and it will probably be worse the 2nd time they play because the "revenge" factor will be added to the equation no matter which teams wins the first time.

I don't think it is talk at this point. He has been getting most of the reps with the 1s in camp and has played both games with the 1s so far. Unless Pinkston gets a miracle and is healed within the next two weeks, it looks to be Baskett's job.

I'd rather Baskett start instead of Pinkston.

Not yet, I wouldn't. Let Baskett prove himself in game situations first. Plus, as much shit as he takes a healthy Pinkston is still a valuable part of this team. He is the deep threat and a legitimate one. If he is remotely hobbled however, he is worthless.

Patriots first pre-season game tonight!

With the BoSox embarrassing themselves and proving how valuable Varitek is this will be a nice refreshing night of Patriot football :)

Especially since the game doesn't matter at all unless we win, then it means we're going to the Superbowl. If we lose it's just another meaningless preseason game :)

Ignorance is bliss!

Patriots first pre-season game tonight!

With the BoSox embarrassing themselves and proving how valuable Varitek is this will be a nice refreshing night of Patriot football :)

Especially since the game doesn't matter at all unless we win, then it means we're going to the Superbowl. If we lose it's just another meaningless preseason game :)

Ignorance is bliss!

We can lose? :P

I'm already looking forward to Week 2 when Mangini and Belichek square off. Can't wait to see how Gostkowski does too now that I'm thinking about it...

Meh, I'll watch a bit of NE/Atl just to see guys like Maroney and Jackson, since they were my rookie picks in a couple of my fantasy leagues.

They really need to change it so that teams have two light contact scrimmages (like the Baltimore-Washington one that aired on NFL Network) and two actual full-contact games.

Get used to McNair to Heap..

I could see Heap catching a 100 passes this year...really its only him and Derrick Mason. McNair's familiarity with Mason should help out too though..

NY analysts pointing out McNairs favorite receiver in TN was TE Frank Wycheck early in his career.

TD McNair! Ran it in barely.

we're jus a handful of hours from Saints/Titans Saturday Night at LP Field at the Coliseum formerly known as Adelphia. Young will reportedly play the 2nd and 3rd quarters while Brown, Henry, and LenDale White will play the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters in that order.

Bush versus Young: Round II.

Good God I know its preseason but I'm starving for some football.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, although supposedly Vince has looked good in training camp, so he might do the whole trial by fire..

What I learned from tonights game:

McNair = TDs

Boller = FGs

St. Pierre = Sack waiting to happen

That's a slight improvement from last year, when there was no McNair and it was "Boller = Sack waiting to happen"...

Atlanta's punter, Koenen has been looking really good on his field goal attempts. He could be a deep sleeper in fantasy leagues where 40/50 yarders get bonus points.

Freakish FG distance. 50 yarder appeared to have at least another ten yards of distance on it, maybe 15. I'm somewhat reminded of John Hall with his distance; here's to seeing the kicking record come down (Hall would've taken it down with his 65-yarder many years ago had he not missed wide left)

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Bears looked really sloppy against the Niners. They're retards for not grabbing a TE in a draft full of them.

That offense would be ten times better with a bigass surehanded guy a few yards up in the middle of the field. Their one wideout worth a damn is no spring chicken, everyone else runs their routes inconsistently and drops too many balls.

What they REALLY need more than anything is a dangerous return man. Bobby piece of shit Wade landed them in hot water on field position soooooooo many times last season with muffed punts, fumbles, and stupid scrambles. The guy seriously muffed or fumbled a THIRD of his touches. Embarassing.

With a defense that makes people punt as often as they do, they would be terrifying with a high-speed burner that can CATCH THE FUCKING BALL on returns.

Bears looked really sloppy against the Niners. They're retards for not grabbing a TE in a draft full of them.

That offense would be ten times better with a bigass surehanded guy a few yards up in the middle of the field. Their one wideout worth a damn is no spring chicken, everyone else runs their routes inconsistently and drops too many balls.

What they REALLY need more than anything is a dangerous return man. Bobby piece of shit Wade landed them in hot water on field position soooooooo many times last season with muffed punts, fumbles, and stupid scrambles. The guy seriously muffed or fumbled a THIRD of his touches. Embarassing.

With a defense that makes people punt as often as they do, they would be terrifying with a high-speed burner that can CATCH THE FUCKING BALL on returns.

Did WR Devin Hester play at all? I've heard rumblings that he was drafted mainly to help out in the return game.

ETA: Looked up the stats on NFL.com. Looks like Hester was solid. Had 3 KR with a long of 32 and averaged 22 yards and also had a 21 yard punt return.