TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

This is the NFL Preseason Thread

Guest Dolfan483

Well my team will hit the field at 7:30 and its the debut of Daunte Culpepper but Saban said he might play all of the 1st qaurter, do you guys think thats too much or what? i think 1 series and hes done.

Well my team will hit the field at 7:30 and its the debut of Daunte Culpepper but Saban said he might play all of the 1st qaurter, do you guys think thats too much or what? i think 1 series and hes done.

I think if I was coaching I'd put him in for just 1 series. He's coming off a big injury, and doesn't need to take an unessecary shot.

Guest Princess Leena

Glendale Stadium does look incredible, at least on the inside. I've been hyped for it for months. But, unfortunately it's in the shittiest part of the Phoenix area, and roughly a 45 minute drive from Tempe.

I watched the Discovery HD Special on them building the stadium, and its supposed to look like a coiled rattlesnake, but its just..ugh. The inside isn't anything special other than its got real grass cause the field is retractable. I eagerly await the first time the field malfunctions and starts to move while they're playing a game like when the automatic sprinklers go off in the middle of a baseball game.

Guest Vitamin X

I tune in to the Green Bay-San Diego game with 10:44 left in the first quarter to see Al Harris get beat on a fade route for the first score of the game. It's being challenged and likely overruled, though.

EDIT: Fucking Ahmad Carroll. They ran the same exact play on a guy that's supposedly faster, and he gives up the touchdown AND gets flagged. He's got to be the worst starting cornerback in the NFL.

Guest Princess Leena
Buffalo looks like they are getting ready to put in their bid for the #1 overall pick in the draft.

No surprise. The team is a fucking joke. They literally don't give a damn who plays OL or TE. I can't blame Willis for wanting to get out of there as soon as possible.

Looking at the stats online Vince Young's completion percentage is crap but he's rushing the ball just fine. And people said he wouldn't be able to make plays with his legs in the NFL.

So how does he look overall? Does he look like he has a shot to develop?

Rivers looked really good, but it was against the Packers. That pass defense is atrocious.

IMO, LenDale White looked slow out there. Darren Sproles is hurt, that's an uh-oh.

Rivers looked really good, but it was against the Packers. That pass defense is atrocious.

IMO, LenDale White looked slow out there. Darren Sproles is hurt, that's an uh-oh.

I thought White wasn't suited for this game. Did he put pads on at halftime?

I thought White wasn't suited for this game. Did he put pads on at halftime?

Since I decided I'll respond to you as long as the convo isn't about college ball, I'll respond. White played in the 2nd half. As far as Vince goes, I don't put any stock into what rookie QB's (players at other positions are different) do in the preseason. None, whatsoever. Gradkowski played well the other night, and while I think he's a good player, he's not that good. Vince Young is going to be a Vick type who is able to run more, at best. If he plays in the regular season and his completion percentage is continually as bad as it was tonight, then the Titans made a mistake. He'll figure it out, Norm Chow can make any QB successful.

He didn't suit up. They showed him standing on the sidelines in the first quarter with a t-shirt on.

Young ran pretty well. He won't be able to do the "OMG Young burns the whole defense and scores!" type shit but he'll be able to pick up the 1st when needed.

And of course his completion percentage will get better. He's got Chow. And it's not like he'll start anyway.....hopefully not.

White was in dress clothes in the 1st half...Jarrett Payton and Quinton Ganther combined for 9 carries. Could it have been one of them?

Also...Young from what I've heard supposedly got a high ankle sprain. Showed the shot he took on NFL Network and he was clutching at his ankle on the field but the Titans said he should recover fine.

Young did fine, he had a couple of good passes dropped including a great pass that was a surefire TD that had no business being dropped by a rookie wideout. He also had a nice looking, long scramble and subsequent pass completion in the second half that is sure to be on highlight films. When Brandon Jones, Bo Scaife and Erron Kinney get healthy and Young gets some time on the actual 1st team O, he'll be fine. Not to mention he's only reportedly learned about 50% of the offense.

I might have to change my sig though, the NFL's best rookie backfield might be Reggie Bush all by himself. I NEVER thought he could look every bit as fast in the big league as he did in college. Bush still looked like he was in a different gear out there than everyone else. Then again, it was the Titans D.

Our running game and special teams both looked damn good while our defense and passing game could be better.

You can never really come to any conclusions in a preseason game though.

When Brandon Jones, Bo Scaife and Erron Kinney get healthy and Young gets some time on the actual 1st team O, he'll be fine. Not to mention he's only reportedly learned about 50% of the offense.

Texas QB hooking up with an OU WR? Madness!

Guest Vitamin X

First in the league is atrocious?

So, Green Bay looked like they picked up where they left off last year. I can see the improvements, but the offensive line still needs time to get their shit together. Until that happens, most teams will run all over them, and the offense will continue their 3 and outs. I thought the defense looked pretty good, A.J. Hawk made a couple nice hits and showed to be just the kind of guy we expected him to be thus far.

Aaron Rodgers went 9-11 for 154 yards, playing the 2nd and 3rd quarters though. That was kind of surprising, and all of a sudden he looks like the guy that's supposed to take over the team. He outplayed Favre, for christ's sake (then again Favre was under pressure all night, he took like 4 sacks in 2 series).

Guest Flyboy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt0cSR-p2yo

Oh, that crazy Reggie!

I might have to change my sig though, the NFL's best rookie backfield might be Reggie Bush all by himself. I NEVER thought he could look every bit as fast in the big league as he did in college. Bush still looked like he was in a different gear out there than everyone else.

Eh, it's not that surprising. The super scary part about it is that Deuce wasn't even on the field (he sat out the game) and our offensive line is still suspect (we had two guys that don't play on the 1st string playing tonight). Give it some time. Imagine Bush with a semi-decent offensive line and Deuce being on the field at the same time. Talk about grease. Our defense still needs some work, but I'm happy with what I saw tonight.

Guest Princess Leena

It's the 1st week of the preseason. Let's stop overanalyzing things.

Guest Flyboy
It's the 1st week of the preseason. Let's stop overanalyzing things.

Meh. That's what the preseason is for. Tons of either overly optimistic fans or realistic fans.