TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

No Holds Barred (Feedback & Voting)

82 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the NHB (No Holds Barred) Folder?

• Yes
    • No

Place your comments concerning this issue here please.

I must've missed the death threats, although I've only been skimming over most of the HD threads this last week.

Also, last I checked, tossing around the tb-word (oops, I mean n-word, stupid macro) isn't illegal, even in the strictest sense

As for the poll, NHB should stay

EDIT: But, being the dumbass I am, I accidentally voted no because I thought the poll asked to delete NHB, not to keep it

This forum is on its way out unless a major change comes to it VERY soon. Things have become ridiculous here and will not be tolerated.

Nothing's going to change until you do something about your mod staff. You're going to have to face that fact sooner or later. The mods you have right now could really give a fuck less, or only pay attention to the folder(s) they like posting in. I know I get along with a few of the mods here, and this will upset those people, but I'm only speaking the truth.

As far as the vote, the folder has to stay. If we get rid of it, all the stuff that makes it horrible would just spread to all the other folders.

I say can it, but ban the bullshit from spreading like cancer.

I agree with Alfdogg, that we need some more or some new mods and I say don't give it to me.

Guest Princess Leena

Keep it.

If you remove NHB, then that stuff will filter out to General Chat, and eventually the entire board.

The real problem, like Alfdogg said, is you have to get moderators here who'll actually do stuff. It's nice we have a few who try to keep the WWE forum clean, but the real problems are when people are posting offensive stuff.

Guest CWMwasmurdered

The Racism is stupid even in a joking manner, however threatening that the NHB folder is "on it's way out" is idiotic since there are the same problems in EVERY forum on this board.

The majority of the mods don't do anything unless the problem is somewhere that directly affects them, and even then it doesn't happen often. There are a number of admitted PBP's that are posting regularly but the mods don't do anything (despite the fact some of the mods have said they were going to do something about it).

The majority of threads in feedback don't normally get a response from a mod, or it takes so long that people have either given up or the threads turned into a joke.

Guest CWMwasmurdered

Obviously people love NHB. 18-4 and one of the 4 meant to vote the other way

Guest CWMwasmurdered

He doesn't bother me as much as the other two, but you're right he should be gone.

Like there's a need for any of this. What do these 'phone calls' about 'death threats' have to do with NHB specifically? The only death threat I've seen in NHB recently was in a joking manner using a cultural reference by RHTITE, unless you count EHME's ridiculous braggadocio.

The alleged racisim is questionable too. It's stupid but obviously no one is serious or malicious with it. Rant's use, maybe, if only because he's white, but I don't hear him going on about beating up darkies for fun, either. Seriously, take care of in some way the people who are overusing the word in response to the joking, incidental use by Rant and are doing no good for anyone, and it would solve 90% of the problem.

Just maybe if this stuff had been enforced up until now, there wouldn't be a problem. Not once have I seen the racism rule acted upon since way back. Not that I want rigorous enforcement from the mods anyway. We should only ban if it's a distraction to the board, like spamming, trolling, etc., and screw everyone who can't take what someone on the internets says, unless in a one in a million chance there stands a real danger of it crossing over. I'm not saying to become completely tasteless, but most of us act like grown-ups and can refrain and take it in good humor or as a case of internet tough guy-ism. Evolve, TSM. Much like the golden rule "Just don't be a dick" which should be enacted more often.

Regardless of all this, NHB and GTG are the places to contain crap, and it does its job most of the time. There's no reason for that to change and if anything, we need to drop GTG first and foremost.

Way too many words wasted on this pointless issue. teddy bear.

Other than being extremely annoying since he arrived, nothing... but if that's what has to be done. The big fish is EHME.

Yeah, I was about to say, check the pinned thread in NHB.

I voted to keep it because, as others said, without it the rest of the board would become infected