TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ZGangsta

Top 10 current running comics.

So IGN.com has compiled countdowns of the best currently running books. They say it's based on the quality right now and not reflective of the whole run.

So here they are:

DC (includes Wildstorm and Vertigo)

#10 52

#9 Checkmate

#8 Batman

#7 The American Way

#6 Superman

#5 DMZ

#4 Y: The Last Man

#3 Ex Machina

#2 All-Star Superman

#1 Fables

Marvel

#10 Powers

#9 Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E.

#8 Eternals

#7 Runaways

#6 Astonishing X-Men

#5 Captain America

#4 Incredible Hulk

#3 Daredevil

#2 Ultimates

#1 Civil War

#10 Battle Pope

#9 The Last Christmas

#8 Fear Agent

#7 Amazing joy Buzzards

#6 Emissary

#5 Strange Girl

#4 The Walking Dead

#3 Rocketo

#2 Invincible

#1 Fell

Independant

#10 G.I. Joe: America's Elite

#9 Red Sonja

#8 Strangers in Paradise

#7 The Escapists

#6 Conan

#5 Scott Pilgrim

#4 The Goon

#3 Owly

#2 Local

#1 Mouse Guard

So Civil War as the best Marvel comic is the only thing that sort of jumps out at me. I mean, it is good, but I don't think it's THAT good. Plus they left out Cable/Deadpool which is one of my favorite comics out there. At least they got NEXTWAVE on there, it's hillarious and definately worth checkin out. Personally, my favorite book is still The Ultimates.

It's interesting how half the DC list is the more non-traditional Wildstorm/Vertigo non-superhero stuff, which is cool because stuff like DMZ and Ex Machina are all excellent. They also claim that Fables is the best book out there from ANY publisher. I've never read any of that, worth checking out?

Discuss.

Civil War's been pretty a damn exciting book. I actually WANT to read cross-overs with it (moreso than I did with Infinite Crisis).

"Justice" should be #2 on the DC list instead of All-Star Superman.

I don't see how American Way could get included, but Squadron Supreme was not. They're basically the same book.

No Spider-Man? Sounds like I made the right decision to quit reading Spider books.

Civil War's been pretty a damn exciting book. I actually WANT to read cross-overs with it (moreso than I did with Infinite Crisis).

"Justice" should be #2 on the DC list instead of All-Star Superman.

I don't see how American Way could get included, but Squadron Supreme was not. They're basically the same book.

No Spider-Man? Sounds like I made the right decision to quit reading Spider books.

Yeah all the Spider books I've read lately have been crap.

And I totally forgot about Justice that deserves to be on there for sure. However, I do think All Star Superman is appropriately ranked.

#2 Ultimates

#1 Civil War

Discuss.

Millar must be real good at fellatio.

I like that Checkmate is on the DC list. I'd actually say that currently Astonishing is the second-best book with the word "X-Men" in it (New X-Men being the first) but that's really just my personal preference.

I've actually enjoyed Civil War: Front Line more than the core title, if you can believe that.

And Nextwave should be higher in my opnion. It's fucking brilliant.

I'm uber-glad that Runaways placed, as I'm a huge fan of the series...

Seriously, it's my favorite comic right now.

Invincible is the best Super-Hero book out right now, in the entire industry.

My opinion as well.

I had no idea the same guy wrote Walkind Dead until recently. Walking Dead is the Shit.

No 100 Bullets? It either really dropped in quality, or they blew it. The first few years of that book were incredible.

I'm assuming they're not including manga, because Blade of the Immortal is published by Dark Horse here, and it's maybe my favorite comic book. Best art in the industry, IMO.

Huh, I didn't know he wrote Ultimate X-Men.

Marvel Zombies was sorta lame, IMO. But fun enough.

An Invincible movie? Sign me up! Too bad there's a movie coming out in a month named Invincible.

I'm assuming they're not including manga, because Blade of the Immortal is published by Dark Horse here, and it's maybe my favorite comic book. Best art in the industry, IMO.

Manga is usually never associated with comics. Hence why when you see a comics thingie, you won't see manga on it (or you shouldn't at least).