TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

Snakes on a Plane

Just got home from seeing this new found "Classic". I loved it. If there was anything that could bring about a future like in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, it's this movie. I'm going again tomorrow. And shame on everyone who doesn't pay to see it. :angry:

I'm seeing it tonight. at about 7:30

Looks like I'll be seeing it at ten

saw it again tonight, the crowd wasn't nearly as vocal, and it was a totally different experience. Oddly enough, the movie held up well enough on its own

Loved it, but I was disappointed that there was hardly anyone in the theatre. I went to the 9:30 showing, but my brother went to the earlier one and said that there weren't many people there, either.

Anyway, quite awesome and I'm going to go see it again sometime, hopefully with more people in the theatre.

Just got back. A hell of a lot of fun. It's like the best movie Arnold never did.

Guest Evolution
Just got back. A hell of a lot of fun. It's like the best movie Arnold never did.

I can't remember what part it was, but I distinctly remember yelling out "GET TO THE CHOPPER!" at one point during the movie. Ironically, it wasn't during the scene with the helicopter.

If you were to ask me, movies like "Wild Zero", "Pootie Tang", "Messiah of Evil", or "I Drink Your Blood" are cult movies. Not many have seen or heard of them, but most who have are fans of such movies. That's a cult movie.

Take that back! Those who have not heard of Pootie Tang should not count as people!

Went and saw it tonight because I have been laughing about it for months. Even though I had anticipation (and wished everyone I knew "Happy Snakes on a Plane Day" today), I really didn't think it was going to be good, but it was very fun. I knew they added gore, there was some gross stuff I didn't expect, but still, it made the movie that much more fun.

The main disappointment like I have seen in the past few posts, was the empty theater. I would've loved a midnight for this one, but didn't see one advertised, so I waited for the night crowd, hoping it would be bigger. I think I was the only vocal person in the theater. The girls who spoke in a foreign language the whole movie next to me just glared at me when I cheered for "the line". I didn't know "Snakes" were to be taken that seriously.

This was a great experience. I saw it with a group of about 20 friends, and we all brought rubber snakes to the movie, throwing them at key moments. The theater was packed , people got into it in part because of our antics.

it was a very fun time.

I saw it last night. I was somewhat surprised to see the theater less than half full. I guess SOAP fever hasn't spread to Southern Illinois yet.

It was pretty much what I expected. Snakes. On a Plane. That bite people in various inappropriate places. Throw in a bunch of one-liners and a ridiculous plot and there you go. Pretty good time. I'm pretty sure Kenan Thompson was my favorite part of the movie. Although, I used to watch Kenan and Kel and All That all the time way back when, and I hadn't seen much of his recent work, so it was pretty weird to hear him cursing. I was kind of hoping to hear him bust out a "WHYYYYYYY" during the film, maybe while getting attacked by the snakes or something. Oh well.

Yeah I was surprised that the theater didn't really have very many people either when I went today. It was a 1:35 matinee though. Get this: I think a guy had a heart attack in the theater. His wife and son were begging the usher to call for an ambulance. I guess SOAP is too intense for some.

As far as the movie goes, I laughed my ass off at it and generally had a good time. Not too many laughs from most of the theater though. Do people not understand these cheesy movies anymore?

Here is one thing that kinda bothered me about the ending:

There was no real climax to the movie involving Eddie Kim. It's like there was a scene or two missing, as in him being arrested and somehow being at the airport near the end. Or maybe he avoids the FBI and tries to kill the dude at the airport, having heard that his plan didn't work. As it is in the movie they just say "Yeah we're going to arrest him" and that's pretty much it. What a lame ass main heel.

I was hoping for some gloriously over the top death scene for Kim, something like he has a gun on Samuel, then one last snake bites him and Samuel shoots him, then he falls off a 10 story building into the gears of a combine. Then Sam gets off a cheesy one liner like "That's irony right there, motherfucker."

Guest Evolution

Agreed on the ending.

I was all ready for a big showdown with Eddie Kim, but apparently they wanted to do a ridiculous scene that had nothing to do with the plot and go surfing. I would say that that's the only part about the movie that miffed me, and it really even wasn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Guest Kobe24KGold
This was a great experience. I saw it with a group of about 20 friends, and we all brought rubber snakes to the movie, throwing them at key moments. The theater was packed , people got into it in part because of our antics.

it was a very fun time.

You threw rubber snakes at people?

Bullshit.

You would've been thrown out and most people would've kicked your ass after nearly having a heart attack.

I'm calling bullshit on the "20 friends" part, too. No wrestling fan, let alone one who posts on a message board, has more than 5 friends -- and that's a lifetime cumulative total.

You might as well have said: "Blah blah blah blah we had a great time, and we had alternating chants of "Let's Go Python, Fuck you Boa"...we chanted "Fuck 'em up Samuel, fuck 'em up", "You suck dick, you suck dick" after that one snake bit on the guy's cock... "Got Milk, got milk" after the snake licked the lady's nipples, "Whole fuckin Show, Whole fuckin show" after Sam Jackson said that famous line about motherfuckin snakes on a motherfuckin plane, and then we chanted "Fuck you, Cena...fuck you, Cena" for the hell of it while most of the audience gave us a puzzled look; then, we threw toilet paper at the screen, but the ushers threw it back at us...then we chanted "You can't usher, you can't usher" at the usher...then he asked us to see our ticket stubs and we chanted, "same old shit, same old shit" then we left while chanting "Change the usher, change the usher."

I saw it earlier tonight with a decent sized crowd. I don't see why anyone who went in knowing what it was all about would possibly hate it. The crowd was the most vocal, cheering and clapping, for the following:

-The main line of the flick, you all know it by now.

-When the guy tossed the dog to the big snake.

-Sam saying "Turn this big motherfucker LEFT!"

-Near the end when the guy is attacked by a snake, and Sam shoots him, leading us all to think that he ended up getting killed after all.

-The very end, after they finally land.

-When we first find out that the second pilot has been taken out, before he's actually dead, just about everyone in the theater freaked out at the big scare in that scene.

I'm going to go see it again, I liked it that much. I give it two thumbs way up, for what it was, since that's all that it was trying to be in the first place. I can see this flick playing in theaters for midnight showings all over, every single year from here on out.

Fantastic movie. I had very low expectations, so I was totally surprised. Everything in the movie that was done for laughs was at least somewhat funny.

The paranoid guy holding the snake, looking at it and screaming was hysterical.

The Borat trailer also elicited huge laughs from the audience. I don't remember seeing the part where he says "Hello, vanillaface" to the desk clerk before, so that was awesome.

Just an tremendous experience.

I don't think I honestly could have loved this movie any more than I did. It was the most fun I've ever had in a movie theater.

Did everyone elses crowd go nuts with the "I've had it with these mothafuckin snakes" line?

My ONLY complaint...there was a kickboxer on the plane, and he did not kick any snakes in the head.

LOVED IT!

It was definatley a crowd interactive movie. I would never ever watch it by myself because I know the feeling won't translate well at all. You definatley need a group of people to watch the movie with it or else it's crap. I did enjoy it though.

It was definatley a crowd interactive movie. I would never ever watch it by myself because I know the feeling won't translate well at all. You definatley need a group of people to watch the movie with it or else it's crap. I did enjoy it though.

Wait a minute? People are enjoying this? I sincerely thought it was going to be(and supposed to be) our generation's "Plan Nine from Outer Space"

Agreed on the ending.

I was all ready for a big showdown with Eddie Kim, but apparently they wanted to do a ridiculous scene that had nothing to do with the plot and go surfing. I would say that that's the only part about the movie that miffed me, and it really even wasn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

That's true, I though for a second

that the witness guy was going to become Sam Jackson's new partner, especially with the surfing, but it kinda just faded out

I might have the chance to see this tomorrow. Problem is, it would be with my family (mother, little sister, and I) so I am worried about the violence (lil sis is 12). I know they increased the rating to an R, but is it gory, or just a few bits of blood here and there?

Our movie options are limited; it's either SoaP, Step Up, Pulse, Talladega Nights, or World Trade Center.

I might have the chance to see this tomorrow. Problem is, it would be with my family (mother, little sister, and I) so I am worried about the violence (lil sis is 12). I know they increased the rating to an R, but is it gory, or just a few bits of blood here and there?

Our movie options are limited; it's either SoaP, Step Up, Pulse, Talladega Nights, or World Trade Center.

It's gory (Snakes biting people in the eye and such) and has nudity (for no real reason, which is the best kind). I wouldn't take a 12 year old to see it. Talladega maybe your better option.

Saw it last night. I went with a group of 12 people and I'd say there were about 15 more in the theater. It was enjoyable with the amount of people we had but I wish there were more. We were cheering and clapping here and there and the other people there joined in. Overall a very fun time. Best line? "Fuckin snake, get off my dick!"

it was a very fun time.

You threw rubber snakes at people?

Bullshit.

You would've been thrown out and most people would've kicked your ass after nearly having a heart attack.

I'm calling bullshit on the "20 friends" part, too. No wrestling fan, let alone one who posts on a message board, has more than 5 friends -- and that's a lifetime cumulative total.

You might as well have said: "Blah blah blah blah we had a great time, and we had alternating chants of "Let's Go Python, Fuck you Boa"...we chanted "Fuck 'em up Samuel, fuck 'em up", "You suck dick, you suck dick" after that one snake bit on the guy's cock... "Got Milk, got milk" after the snake licked the lady's nipples, "Whole fuckin Show, Whole fuckin show" after Sam Jackson said that famous line about motherfuckin snakes on a motherfuckin plane, and then we chanted "Fuck you, Cena...fuck you, Cena" for the hell of it while most of the audience gave us a puzzled look; then, we threw toilet paper at the screen, but the ushers threw it back at us...then we chanted "You can't usher, you can't usher" at the usher...then he asked us to see our ticket stubs and we chanted, "same old shit, same old shit" then we left while chanting "Change the usher, change the usher."

Who let the newb in?