TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO SummerSlam Thread - August/20th/2006.

Nothing too horrible so far......all matches from this point on should be getting a good 20 minutes each more than likely.

Opener was kind of basic, but alright as they at least brawled a bit. The match should tell Vince to stop the Eddie BS as the fans were shitting all over the whole concept that match was based from. EVERYONE got heat there, from Rey to Vicki to Chavo.

ECW title match was better than it had any right to be w/ Show in there. Could have went a little longer, but it still delivered to not overshadow Flair/Foley's HC stuff.

Hogan v. Orton next? Weird. Well, I think this is very telling in that this will likely be a Hogan win.

Orton wins..and then on RAW tomorrow they drag out some legend (I dunno who..) who tried to kill Hulkamania repeatedly and couldn't to congratulate him and ..wham..Orton kills another legend..

Of course, Ortons not winning..but I can only dream.

Orton wins..and then on RAW tomorrow they drag out some legend (I dunno who..) who tried to kill Hulkamania repeatedly and couldn't to congratulate him and ..wham..Orton kills another legend..

Kevin Sullivan

Kevin Sullivan

:D

Incidentally, Orton's undefeated at SS as well, isn't he? I'm surprised they haven't mentioned his SS title win in '04.

Kevin Sullivan

That would be awesome.

If Hogan was going to be cooperative here and do the job, I would think the company would be putting this higher on the overall card. Instead the fact that this is placed within the first hour of the show makes me think that since Hogan won't job, and they wanted him to, they moved the match down the card on purpose.

If the hepatitis issue hadn't happened, I would bet on a Bob Orton appearance.

Kevin Sullivan

:D

Incidentally, Orton's undefeated at SS as well, isn't he? I'm surprised they haven't mentioned his SS title win in '04.

Nah, he lost in the Elimination Chamber in 2003. (Yet another reason it should have been Flair in there)

If Hogan was going to be cooperative here and do the job, I would think the company would be putting this higher on the overall card. Instead the fact that this is placed within the first hour of the show makes me think that since Hogan won't job, and they wanted him to, they moved the match down the card on purpose.

Dammit. That makes a lot of sense. Dammit!

Good call on the Orton appearance, whomever mentioned it. Maybe a Brooke appearance?

What else on the card could have gone before this?

Im surprised this isn't Foley/Flair timeslot but whatever..I guess they didnt want to do that after the ECW match.

When is hogan just going to finish what Mother Nature seems to be taking forever to do (shave his head bald).

He's only slapping her in the face by contiunally growing the skullet.

Hey, lots of mentions of Brooke. MAYBE, just maybe, my prediction of "Brooke turns on Hulk" isn't that far off.

I think this is like KOTR 93, where they stick a Hogan job in the middle of the show so it isn't a big deal. That's the first thing I thought when I saw they were going on next.

Either that, or Vince is so pissed that Hogan won't job that he wants to get it over with.

When is hogan just going to finish what Mother Nature seems to be taking forever to do (shave his head bald).

He's only slapping her in the face by contiunally growing the skullet.

Hey, lots of mentions of Brooke. MAYBE, just maybe, my prediction of "Brooke turns on Hulk" isn't that far off.

I think I called that back in the SNME thread..

What else on the card could have gone before this?

Considering the promotion behind the card overall (such as what matches have been advertised more than others), AT LEAST Foley/Flair, and most definately Booker/Batista should have gone before this IMO. The DX match as well perhaps. Hogan/Michaels was the last match at last year's SS as an example, and considering that was Hogan's last match til tonight, the fact they are putting this 3rd on the card is VERY telling to the Hogan-WWE relationship right now if you ask me. This was booked to be part of a triple main event on paper from what I saw (w/ DX match, Edge/Cena, and then this)

I think this is like KOTR 93, where they stick a Hogan job in the middle of the show so it isn't a big deal. That's the first thing I thought when I saw they were going on next.

Either that, or Vince is so pissed that Hogan won't job that he wants to get it over with.

Its gotta be the "wont job" because if he would then it would be on right before Edge/Cena.

At KOTR 93, Vince was mega pissed at Hogan (over the refusal to job to Bret) and just wanted him out, STAT. Hence the placement of that match in a sense. Shit seems to be the same here.

Orton got the false finish now, there is no way he's winning.

Well, the foot on the bottom rope was obviously only there so it can give Orton something to brag about tommorrow, that is, having Hogan beat.

My god, that was just the most basic bland match with the most predictable and standard finish EVER. Orton laid there FOREVER before the legdrop, if I was him, I would be pissed. Talk about burial.