TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO SummerSlam Thread - August/20th/2006.

Card and predictions:

WWE Title, "Championship changes hands on a DQ" Match

Edge (with Lita) .VS. John Cena.

Winner: John Cena.

World Heavyweight Title Match

King Booker (with Queen Sharmell) .VS. Batista.

Winner: King Booker.

ECW World Heavyweight Title Match

The Big Show .VS. Sabu.

Winner: The Big Show.

"Legend .VS. Legend Killer" Match

Hulk Hogan .VS. Randy Orton.

Winner: Hulk Hogan.

Tag Team Match

DX .VS. Vince & Shane McMahon.

Winners: DX.

"I Quit" Match

Mick Foley .VS. Ric Flair.

Winner: Mick Foley.

Singles Match

Rey Mysterio .VS. Chavo Guerrero.

Winner: Rey Mysterio.

I'm most looking forward to Foley/Flair, I guess. Hogan/Orton for the carwreck possibility with Hogan's knee. Hopefully Mysterio/Guerrero can pull out something like their Great American Bash 2004 match.

Winner: King Booker.

The Big Show .VS. Sabu.

Winner: Randy Orton.

Tag Team Match

"I Quit" Match

Singles Match

Winner: Rey Mysterio.

I'm most looking forward to Foley/Flair, I guess. Hogan/Orton for the carwreck possibility with Hogan's knee. Hopefully Mysterio/Guerrero can pull out something like their Great American Bash 2004 match.

I agree with everything in your post except the Hogan vs Orton match. I really, really hope they come to their senses and not make Orton job to a broken-down, can-barely-walk Hogan. I don't really see either Foley or Flair actually saying "I Quit" so that's gonna be quite interesting.

Cena

Batista (want Booker to retain though)

Big Show

Orton (REALLY want Orton to win)

DX

Foley

Guerrero (he deserves too)

So does this mean Cena gets to win back the WWE title in his hometown in the main event or does Hogan / Orton go on last?

Remember when SummerSlam was usually the best wrestling PPV of the year and made WrestleMania look like the secondary show? This year's offering probably won't be able to match WM22 or at the most will just equal it.

World Title Match: Edge (w/ Dusty Gozangas) vs. Cena

World Title: King Booker (w/ Queen Sharmell) vs. Batista I don't see them giving Batista the belt right away. Let them feud for a while, then give Batista the belt. Besides, Booker as champ kicks ass.

ECW Title Match: Big Show vs. Sabu

Legend vs. Legend Killer: Hogan vs. Orton Even the biggest idiot on Earth knows the outcome.

Tag Match: DX vs. The McMahons This feud will still most likely continue. If not (and that's a huge if) then thank God.

I Quit Match: Flair vs. Foley I somehow expect Foley to quit needlessly to screw the fans over.

Chavo vs. Rey I expect Vicky to get involved and cost one of them the match. Can't Predict who though.

Some Seattle Seahawks player just broke/tore/whatever his miniscus in his knee and can't practice and such for 6 weeks. Seeing a 55 year old man run around and use his two maneuvers, both such REQUIRE HIS LEG, is going to be painful.

Winner: Batista by DQ

The Big Show .VS. Sabu.

Winner: Randy Orton

Tag Team Match

"I Quit" Match

Singles Match

Winner: Chavo Guerrero

Remember when SummerSlam was usually the best wrestling PPV of the year and made WrestleMania look like the secondary show? This year's offering probably won't be able to match WM22 or at the most will just equal it.

Summerslam hasn't been like that since 2002.

Here's a question: If the card stays with only these seven matches, what opens? The only possibility I could see is Rey-Chavo, but even that seems like an odd choice given the storyline.

Here's a question: If the card stays with only these seven matches, what opens? The only possibility I could see is Rey-Chavo, but even that seems like an odd choice given the storyline.

It probably will be Rey/Chavo, or the I Quit match. Maybe the ECW Title match.

I am hosting this PPV at my house....that is all.

Mike, we should work something out.

Is The Big Show vs Sabu even extreme rules?

I still say Flair / Foley would have been better as a steel cage match.

Its so weird to look at the SummerSlam card and see The Undertaker not on it (I already know about the Khali situation). He missed out on his first SummerSlam back in 1991 for whatever reason.

I was all set to order this PPV, but seeing the final matches, WWE isn't getting my money this month.

I am hosting this PPV at my house....that is all.

Mike, we should work something out.

Is The Big Show vs Sabu even extreme rules?

Well, if by "work something out" you mean coming to my house, then sure. I usually have 5-6 people over per PPV, except for WM when fuckers show up from every unturned rock. Everyone usually throws in about $5 or so, and everyone brings food/beverage to share, we usually have a stupid theme, like, once it was BBQ, once it was mexican food etc etc....Depending on where in the Bay Area you live, it is probably approx 90min drive. I have a guy coming down from San Leandro(He used to live out here in Sacramento) he's Dangerous_A on TSM. Also, Ced & Darthtiki from TSM. Anyways, if you are serious, then just PM me for more info.

Oh and Sabu vs. TBS better fucking be Extreme Rules.

Has anyone ever mentioned the option of Lita getting Cena DQed and letting Edge retain (kind of what she did in a match on RAW before Mania). That would be my bet IF they let Edge stay champ (Which I pray they will let happen)

Cena and Batista are both getting world title shots for their respective brands, its Wrestlemania 21 all over again!

Has anyone ever mentioned the option of Lita getting Cena DQed and letting Edge retain (kind of what she did in a match on RAW before Mania). That would be my bet IF they let Edge stay champ (Which I pray they will let happen)

I have a feeling they will do the "Manager gets thrown out of ringside" spot with Lita about 5 minutes into the match.

The fact Summerslam is Raw-Heavy which I can't stand right now, the 2 SmackDown and 1 ECW matches will probably be rushed or half-assed to continue with the Raw matches, and either the DX/McMahons match or the Hogan/Orton Match will probably be the Main-Event over any of the World Title Matches, and the fact that pretty much every match has 90s has-beens and non-wrestlers participating in them.

IMO, this Summerslam is going to BLOW

I know it's an "I quit" match, but I don't think Foley or Flair will actually quit. It'll be one of those deals where the ref stops the match out of mercy for one of them.

Yeah I suggested that a week or two ago. They could use Lita/Foley/Nitro/Melina for it.

Cena wins but not via DQ to make the whole DQ thing pointless..Im almost willing to bet that Trish comes out to "neutralize" Lita about halfway through the match..Cena wins with the FU and not the STFU though..

Booker T retains via DQ (Sharmell) to stretch out Booker vs Batista for a bit longer

Big Show retains via a chokeslam through a table (if what I saw on Monday was any indication..this wont be good). They'll eventually move on to Show vs RVD probably at Survivor Series..

Hogan beats Orton and no one will care..I hope they turn the match into Crickets in an Arena..

DX beats the McMahons even though the Spirit Squad, Umaga, AAE and half of the Rent-an-Indystar Police Force get involved turning it into about 15 on 2.

I really have no clue how the I Quit match will go so Im guessing it will be stopped because both will probably pass out before they say I quit.

Chavo will beat Rey

when Eddy's wife smacks Rey in the knee with a chair and not by accident

They really should add Lashley vs Finlay for the US title at least based on the Smackdown match..

There is some potential with this card.

Edge and John Cena could have a decent match together, really just depends on the amount of time they are given.

Batista vs. King Booker is in the same boat, could be good if it is kept at a pace that doesn't expose Batista.

Big Show vs. Sabu could be pretty fun to watch, Show has shown a willingness to take a beating and Sabu will kill himself for the fans.

Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Orton will suck, completely. I can only hope it is the match that finally ends Hogan's career.

As much as I hate Shane McMahon and Vince McMahon, they do a fantastic job when it comes to getting their asses kicked on pay-per-view.

Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair could be great or terrible. I think they could work a decent match if they are able to incorporate weapons and brawl around the arena. If they try to keep it in the ring, it will be terrible.

Chavo Guerrero and Rey Mysterio should be able to put on a great match, I just hope Vicki Guerrero is kept out of the ring.

You know looking at it on paper, its actually a pretty good card compared to previous SummerSlams, but I think the predictability of it all kinda kills it for most of you guys I think.

My problem with the card has more to do with the 2 SD matches.

Oh, and the fact that none of the IC, US, either of the Tag Titles, Women's, and Cruiserweight titles are being defended on the show.

My problem: Nevermind that Raw has double the matches of Smackdown, but 3/4 of the Raw matches have either a non-wrestler or a part-time wrestler in them. The supposed "second biggest show of the year" is missing Undertaker, Lashley, Finlay, Kennedy, Shelton, Nitro, Carlito, and Kane. The first three mentioned have been focal points of their show for months (although, Taker's forgiveable given the circumstances). Sorry everybody, but Hogan needs one more match, and the McMahon feud must be carried on for another half year.