TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Boxing Thread

But at the same time, Quartey's jab has a way of getting through a fighters defense.

I really like Quartey, so I want to see him do well.

But at the same time, Quartey's jab has a way of getting through a fighters defense.

I really like Quartey, so I want to see him do well.

Quartey has not faced a fighter as defensive as Winky Wright, espically since he's come back.

Jermain Taylor wasn't able to bully Winky Wright around, and Taylor is much more stronger then Quartey. His jab wont affect Wright at all I think. After the jab Ike doesn't really got much, and I think you need to be a fighter like Kassim Ouma to give Winky problems, a fighter that throws from all angles.

I can't see Quartey beating Wright at all, but hey it's a boxing fight, I've been wrong before, anything can happen.

Also, tonight Versus will show 3 fights from the Top Rank ppv over the summer...

Cotto-Malinaggi

B. Pacquiao-Kelley

JCC Jr.

Barring something incredible tomorrow night, Cotto-Paulie was the FOTY.

I guess, having grown up watching boxing, I think most of the belts look cool. But I can see how they'd look ridiculous to others.

And Lacy somehow pulls off a 95-95, 96-94,96-94 majority "gift" decision despite getting sporadically pounded, staggered a few times, and doing nothing noteworthy outside of the first two rounds. Oh, and evidently his shoulder got hurt or something(though I'd say getting busted up everytime he tried to close the distance probably had more to do with his inactivity). Some comeback.

And I'll say Wright by UD.

Quintana got fucked, and Clottey would have beaten Margarito with a healthy hand.

I missed the Lacy fight, and I knew when I saw Quartey enter the ring that he was done. He was too far out of his weightclass, and he looked it.

I'd like to see Mosley fight him, because Mosley's my favorite fighter and I'd like to see him beat Margarito's ass.

That should start after both classics are done. Shouldn't miss either of the HBO fights unless the West Coast schedules are really different.

Cintron fell out of the Mosley fight, and Luis Collazo is taking his place. Now I'm not going, as Mosley regaining a part of the Welterweight crown had a lot to do with my decision to go.