TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Boxing Thread

So is anyone else hoping Joey Gamache finally gets some manner of justice in his lawsuit against the NYSAC? Last I heard, the case was supposed to be heard sometime soon.

Martinez drops Cintron in round 7, Cintron doesn't appear to beat the count, fight looks over.

Instead, the fight's restarted 2 & a half minutes later because although Cintron didn't seem to beat the 10 count, he was saved by the bell.

Hopefully Martinez KO's him again, just because.

What the fucking hell? Martinez loses a stupid point deduction in the 11th round, but otherwise embarrasses Cintron, and should've gotten a JD. Instead, the deduction causes a majority draw.

Terrible scoring all around, and shit reffing. I don't fucking believe it.

Perro Angulo is the shit. Vicious ass kickings in all of his fights. Angulo vs. Kirkland must happen. Not now, but when these two have belts. They will have belts.

Draw was bullshit. I was pretty surprised.

And I had Funeka winning 114-112.

Funeka/Campbell was competitive because of Nate's KD's, but the spread in points was completely off, IIRC.

Angulo is going to legit hurt someone if he doesn't learn to finish properly. It's almost as though his timing is such that he gives his opponents just enough time to regain their balance before hitting them again, which combined with not throwing quite 100% of his power into his shots, ends up with his opponents soaking up needless damage en route to stoppages.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Just finished watching the replay.

How 'bout that right hand on Angulo? God damn.

The second fight was fucking awful in all aspects. Action, reffing, judging. Fuckin' sucked.

The last fight could've gone either way, I thought. I had it a draw. Funeka improves his defense and gets a little more mustard on his punches, and he's a dangerous man. He's fast, busy, and trainable, judging from his adjustments.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I remember one other time other than the obvious, and that was Andrew Golota going Dracula on Samson Pouha in a nasty fight.

Who's actually gonna order the boxing PPV when they have offered better fights then the ones they are showing for FREE, and of course the free UFC card on tonight...

I ordered it. Pavlik's one of my favorite fighters. His could use more cash.

Not only that, but the idea of two elite fighters on the same card in separate fights needs to be supported.

I'd support it... if it were free.

No kidding... I don't care if both Pavlik and Cotto are elite level boxers. I've been getting elite boxers fighting each other FOR FREE, for the last few weekends and you expect me to pay for two elite boxers fighting bums?

Yeah, I'll pass.

Fallen warrior Oscar Diaz has been discharged from University Hospital in San Antonio. According to the San Antonio Express News, Diaz has been moved to a local rehabilitation facility. “He’s doing remarkably well compared to when we first saw him,” neurosurgeon Dr. David Jimenez told the paper. “He’s totally alert. He’s awake, smiles and gives the ‘thumbs up’ sign. We’re very happy with his progress.” Diaz suffered a near-fatal brain injury during his bout against Delvin Rodriguez last summer.

-Fightnews

I hope this rumor of Hopkins vs. Adamek for the Cruiserweight Title comes to reality. I, for one, would love to see this Polish manbeast get a huge payday. He won't win or anything, but yeah, he deserves some big cash.

And I like Diaz by split tonight.

The HBO announce crew have actually admitted that Chris John beat Juan Manuel Marquez, and Jim Lampley is name dropping the likes of Hiroyuki Enoki. I'm shocked. John's inspiring the announce team to get real.

A unanimous draw, 114-114 all. John raped Juarez in the punch stats, but harder punching down the stretch for Rocky made the fight closer than closer than expected. Still thought John won 116-112 (as did Lederman), but the announce crew is acting like the draw might have been fair. PC bullshit.

Adamek was impressive in a fun match again, brutal body work and a nice jab to set up the big knockout of Banks; who they are claiming was 215 by fight time. I don't know, Adamek would probably be more game than Pavlik was against Hopkins. Adamek is incredibly durable and more willing to take a punch to land a punch where as Hopkins counter punching completely killed Pavlik's workrate, also a bigger and stronger guy who's more willing to attack the body than headhunt as of late. I honestly don't think Hopkins will take this fight however.

It's amazing this card is given away on TV, yet they try and extort money for Cotto & Pavlik sparring matches.

EDIT: NM. I forgot HBO told Arum to fuck off with that weak shit. 3-all after 6, BTW.