TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

2006 Fall TV...

I don't think it really mattered where 'Til Death and Happy Hour was slotted, they are both terrible shows and I seriously doubt Fox really expected them to take off.

I expect them to cancel both these shows by mid-november. I'm not

Fox had very high hopes for Til Death. They were finally hoping to do something on Thursday.

Justice is not cancelled. It increased in viewers last Wednesday and b/c it's produced by Bruckheimer, it's so far here to stay

The only thing that might save JUSTICE is BONES isn't exactly setting the ratings on fire. If Justice can get back into the five range, it might be ok. I don't see that happening.

The only thing that saved Bones last year was the American Idol lead-in.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

I think 'Til Death is on "hiatus", too. There's no listings of the show for the next two weeks.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Well, yeah. Just when I heard about Happy Hour leaving for Baseball, they didn't mention anything about 'Til Death.

FOX has reportedly ordered additional scripts of the freshman legal drama "Justice," a sign of at least tentative confidence in the low-rated series.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, FOX has asked for three new "Justice" scripts to get an indication of the show's creative direction going forward. That's not the same as ordering additional episodes, of course, but it's at least a ray of light for a show that's settled into a fourth-place rut at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday nights.

There had been some rumblings of concern last week when FOX pulled the final pre-baseball original "Justice" in favor of a repeat of "House." FOX sources have insisted that the movie was merely intended to steer clear of a head-to-head battle (sure to be one-sided) with the premiere of "Lost" on ABC.

The Jerry Bruckheimer-produced procedural did get a bonus airing on Friday night when FOX shorted the "Celebrity Duets" finale and rebroadcast the "Justice" pilot.

"Justice" may be searching for a new time period after FOX's baseball playoff run, which is still better than cancellation.

Meanwhile, the industry trade claims that "'Til Death" is taking a longer-than-expected break after star Brad Garrett wasn't enthusiastic about the most recent script. FOX has attempted to stir up ratings for the slow-starting comedy by double-airing it last Thursday -- at the expense of "Happy Hour" -- and slotting repeated into the network's Sunday slate.

From zap2it

Stand off made the mistake by putting the two of them together from the start. Which honestly I loved but I doubt the female audience was too happy as it took out their romantic element.

I like Stand Off and Justice. The first is very well-written I feel, and the second is just fun to see unfold.

I hope both stick around. But what about Vanished? I heard there is trouble afoot for the show or something?

I like Standoff but it doesn't seem to have much flow other than the relationship storyline. I mean, there doesn't seem to be much that ties any one episode together.

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- ABC is holding off on its October 17 premiere of "The Knights of Prosperity," opting to save the show until later in the season.

In its place, the network plans to continue with expanded, 90-minute episodes of "Dancing With the Stars" on Tuesday nights for the foreseeable future.

No official reason was given for the decision, which was confirmed via scheduling updates released today.

"Knights" will now roll out as part of the Alphabet's post-"Dancing" lineup, which is expected to also include fellow newcomers "Big Day," "Notes from the Underbelly," "Set for Life" and new seasons of "According to Jim" and "The George Lopez Show."

-Fox Schedule Changes:

Following the conclusion of baseball season, struggling Fox drama Justice, currently airing Wednesday at 9 p.m., will move to Monday at 9 p.m. out of Prison Break, effective on Oct. 23. Present occupant Vanished will shift to the Friday 8 p.m. time period on Oct. 27 in place of Nanny 911. No word at press time what will replace Justice on Wednesday.

-NBC Expected to Cancel Kidnapped:

Production on NBC’s struggling Kidnapped is expected to shut down in conjunction with the taping of the 13th, and final, episode. No word at press time what will replace Kidnapped Wednesday at 10 p.m.

from http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/newsletters/pr...sider/index.jsp

So while we don't have the first cancellation, we do have the first production shutdown. I think this is a way to wrap up Kidnapped's storyline without pissing off the 4 people who watched the show

Too bad about Kidnapped that's been a decent show.

Is it just me or is everything doing terrible this year. All I hear is about how every new show is nearing cancellation. They roll out like two dozen new shows and it seems like only a couple of them do well enough that the networks don't freak out and immediately want to cancel things.

NBC RE-SCHEDULES NEW DRAMA 'KIDNAPPED' TO SATURDAYS, MOVES NEW 'DATELINE NBC' EDITION TO WEDNESDAYS

NBC RE-SCHEDULES NEW DRAMA 'KIDNAPPED' TO SATURDAYS, MOVES NEW 'DATELINE NBC' EDITION TO WEDNESDAYS

New programming schedule note: NBC will move the remaining original broadcasts of its new drama "Kidnapped" to Saturdays (9-10 p.m. ET/PT) beginning October 21 and will replace the series with a new edition of "Dateline NBC" in "Kidnapped's" original Wednesday (10-11 p.m. ET/PT) time period starting this Wednesday, October 11. As previously scheduled, NBC Sports will broadcast live coverage of the NASCAR Nextel Cup Bank of America 500 from Lowes Motor Speedway on Saturday, October 14 (7-11 p.m. ET).

-thefutoncritic.

Poor Kidnapped.

Yeah, saw that yesterday. I was into the show, too. It wasn't a superb show like Lost or some of my other favorites, but I hate to start something and not get the end of the story.

Man, Smith was one of the better new shows. Poor Kidnapped, but why is NBC even bothering plugging in those final 9 episodes? Not like it had much of a fanbase they would be worried about pissing off.

Exactly what new shows ARE doing well?

I think they yanked Smith too quickly, but CBS had nowhere else to put it except for Saturday, so their hands were tied.

NBC is burning off the episodes so there will be a resolution. The big complaint of the serials is that if you cancel them, everyone is left hanging.

From Marc Berman-

Here is a sneak peak of a section going out in my column on Tuesday:

Fall 2006 Prime Time Update:

New Series Scorecard:

Three weeks into the 2006-07 season, here is an update on the new prime time entries (with original time periods in parentheses):

ABC

-The Knights of Prosperity (Tues. 9 p.m.): On hold; will be replaced by benched sitcom Big Day in November.

-Help Me Help You (Tues. 9:30 p.m.): Declining by about 50 percent from lead-in Dancing With the Stars.

-The Nine (Wed. 10 p.m.): Disappointing opening performance.

-Ugly Betty (Thurs. 8 p.m.): The new hit of the season based on two episodes.

-Six Degrees (Thurs. 10 p.m.): Losing more than one-half the audience of lead-in Grey’s Anatomy, with significant tune-out at 10:30 p.m.

-Men in Trees (Fri. 9 p.m.): Fading fast.

-Brothers & Sisters (Sun. 10 p.m.): Losing about one-third of its Desperate Housewives lead-in.

CBS

-The Class (Mon. 8 p.m.): Flipped time periods with How I Met Your Mother; now airing Monday at 8:30 p.m.

-Smith (Tues. 10 p.m.): Canceled.

-Jericho (Wed. 8 p.m.): Surprisingly potent after three telecasts.

-Shark (Thurs. 10 p.m.): Losing about one-third of its CSI lead-in.

NBC

-Heroes (Mon. 9 p.m.): Renewed for the full season.

-Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (Mon. 10 p.m.): Losing steam every week.

-Friday Night Lights (Wed. 8 p.m.): The lights were dark in week one.

-30 Rock (Wed. 8 p.m.): Debuting tomorrow.

-20 Good Years (Wed. 8:30 p.m.): Debuting tomorrow.

-Kidnapped (Wed. 10 p.m.): Closing down production and burning off the remaining episodes Saturday at 8 p.m.

Fox

-Vanished (Mon. 9 p.m.): Shifting to Friday at 8 p.m. in place of Nanny 911.

-Standoff (Tues. 8 p.m.): Flipping time periods with lead-out House as planned.

-Justice (Wed. 9 p.m.): Moving to Monday at 9 p.m. in place of Vanished.

-‘Til Death (Thurs. 8 p.m.): Waiting for the axe to swing.

-Happy Hour (Thurs. 8:30 p.m.): Canceled (or, to quote Fox. “on hiatus”)

CW

-Runaway (Mon. 9 p.m.): Moving to Sunday at 9 p.m. out of the relocated 7th Heaven after two telecasts.

-The Game (Sun. 8:30 p.m.): Moved from Sunday at 8:30 p.m. to Monday at 9:30 p.m. after one telecast.

Basically, everything but Heroes, Jericho, and Ugly Betty is a bomb or a disapointment.

I'm happy that Runaway will be shifted to Sundays, as it conflicted with Heroes/MNF/Raw for me.

I hope NBC is more patient with FNL.

Friday Night Lights is a pretty good show too. I'm hoping tonight's numbers increase over last week's debacle of a premiere, but I'm not too optimistic.

I really hope Shark hangs on, its such a good show. Although they really gotta stop resolving all the problems he has with his daughter at the end of each episode. That's getting old really quickly.

Friday Night Lights appeals I would say mostly to a sports audience and they are going to be watching the ALCS. FNL is just in trouble mostly because of the timing of when they started the series. Had it started next month, I think it would have been doing much better than now.

If it gets through this month, I think it might see an increase in numbers.

After watching the first two weeks, I'm praying that FNL can get an audience and hold on. I didn't play in a small town, but the show portrays Texas' near mania with high school perfectly. Kyle Chandler is great (as always) as the coach, and Peter Berg is doing an awesome job carrying the movie's handheld camera style to TV. I'm just afraid that NBC will panic and pull the plug on it before it can find it's footing.