TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 8/21 - 8/27

Guest Princess Leena

Is Liriano supposed to be back for the playoffs. If so, I'd be very afraid of them in October/November.

Eh, Pujols doesn't do as much for his team as those 4 do. The Cards won a lot of games without him. I think they're better.

Wait, wait.

what

Well, this is a first. I clearly heard a 'Dental plan, Lisa needs braces' chant get going at the Royals/Jays game. That's about how exciting a game it's been.

Guest Smues
Well, this is a first. I clearly heard a 'Dental plan, Lisa needs braces' chant get going at the Royals/Jays game. That's about how exciting a game it's been.

Best chant ever. What inning was this? I may need to pull up the radio archive and listen to that.

I'm pretty sure it was during the 7th, I think the bottom half. I'm not sure if the radio will pick it up, though, since the TV broadcast seems to use more mics to pick up stuff that you don't hear normally.

Guest NYankees

Bern BABY BERN. Bernie Williams OWNS Joe Saunders. 2 homeruns and 4 rbi's as the Yankees take an 8-0 lead in the top of the third.

Guest Felonies!

White Sox just did that to the Twins, too, so unfortunately they're only half a game back of Minnesota, a team that has actually been endearing itself to me for more than the obvious reason.

Guest NYankees

Bernie missed his 3rd homerun of the game and settles for a 2 run double. So far he has 1 single, 1 double, 2 homeruns and 6 rbi's.

Guest NYankees

God damn does Farnsworth suck. Guy comes into a 7 run game and gives up 3 walks and a hit to the bottom of the lineup. Pitch to the fucking score you bum.

Conine is still playing? Wha?

It seems like 3/4ths of David Ortiz' home runs lately have been solo shots. Coco Crisp has to be one of the worst leadoff hitters in the league this year.

The Astros rolled over the Bucs, winning 13-1. Jason Hirsh looked...somewhat stellar going 7 innings and giving up one run. He worked out of bases loaded trouble in the 4th and 5th inning. Willy Taveras extended his hit streak to 30 games. He's leading baseball in hits in August with, I think, 40. He's had multi-hit games just about every game on the road trip. He's getting singles, line drives, bunt hits...today and yesterday he hit two balls to the left field gap of PNC that ended up as ground-rule doubles, but probably would've been inside the park homeruns if they hadn't bounced outta play. The Astros are 4 back in the WC, so they've actually gained a game over the past 11 days, but lost alot of time with which to faniggle with. And no one can convince me that Shawn Chacon isn't the worst starting pitcher in baseball. He's absolutely horrible. Absolutely.

The Phillies just traded a player to be named later for outfielder, 2-time World Champ, and "Phillies Killer" Jeff Conine. Awesome.

All the Os trades being made for next to nothing after the deadline pisses me off but whatever.

Guest Felonies!
God damn does Farnsworth suck. Guy comes into a 7 run game and gives up 3 walks and a hit to the bottom of the lineup. Pitch to the fucking score you bum.

Psh, you think Farnsy screwed YOUR team?

To be fair, I could strike out Javy Lopez at this point.

Who knew that Jason Varitek, a guy having a subpar year, going down would screw this offense over so much? I know Manny's injuries play a part as well, but Mirabelli and Lopez are just death in that lineup. You'd think that Josh Bard would have learned how to catch Wakefield at some point in the season.

I think Nixon had a bigger effect actually. Before he got injured, Manny had somewhat of a protection behind him. Now, teams are pitching to Ortiz, then just walking manny, and you either have Hinskie, or Pena, or Lopez!? batting behind Manny. Now that Manny's hurt, Ortiz gets nothing. I saw their lineup today, its just brutal.

edit: Cla Merideth and his 20 shutout innings could have helped too, KingPK.

edit2: 3 More Ks for A-Rod today. 1-15 in the series with 10 ks.

Guest NYankees

For the Red Sox to win the American League East

Yankees going 400 rest of way

Yankees---77-52---13-20---90-72

Red Sox---71-59---20-12---91-71------625

Yankees going 500 rest of way

Yankees---77-52---16-17---93-69

Red Sox---71-59---23-9---94-68------719

Yankees going current winning % rest of way

Yankees---77-52---20-13---97-65

Red Sox---71-59---27-5---98-64------844

The Giants are now only a half game out of the Wild Card. Man the National League can suck my dick. And I sooooooo was looking forward to the A's actually getting the majority of the attention of the Bay Area media late in the season for the first time in 14 years.

Joe Torre has been getting beaten up on WFAN all weekend for his management of the bullpen. Now granted he's been overworking Villone, and granted he maybe should have used Rivera in a tie/close situation rather than letting him sit for 4 days...but the complete outrage that some of these callers have is uncalled for. I thought we could all relax for a bit after the Boston massacre.

Oh, and my favorite call of the weekend, the guy who thinks we should trade A-Rod and Wang to the Marlins for Cabrera and Willis :lol: