TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Smackdown Thread - August/25th/2006.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Biggest fallout of the Summer.

WWE.com has learned that King Booker requests the presence of all peasants on Smackdown for a royal knighthood ceremony. This will be the first ceremony of this kind to ever take place on Smackdown. What will his majesty have in store for his loyal subjects?

"The Animal" got the victory he hoped for over King Booker at SummerSlam, but left without the gold he so deeply desires. Thanks to interference from Queen Sharmell, the referee was forced to disqualify the King, allowing his majesty to leave the TD BankNorth Garden with the World Heavyweight Championship around his waist. Will "The Animal" continue his quest towards reclaiming the gold on Smackdown?

At SummerSlam, Vickie Guerrero inadvertently bumped Rey Mysterio off the top rope during his match with Chavo Guerrero, allowing Chavo to hit the Frog Splash and get the pin. Sources have informed WWE.com that a distraught Vickie Guerrero has requested time on Smackdown to address her physical involvement at SummerSlam. General Manager Thedore Long will permit Vickie some time on Smackdown, but what will she have to say?

Rey told WWE.com that he was confused about what happened at SummerSlam, will he find answers on Smackdown? Following his dramatic victory, will Chavo show up on Smackdown?

Also on Smackdown, WWE.com has learned that Sylvester Terkay will battle Tatanka. Can Tatanka overcome his recent bad luck in the ring to end Terkay's winning streak? Can Terkay bully the Native American Warrior?

Cole: I'd like to be a knight.

JBL: You'd like to be a knight?

Cole: Yeah..

JBL: I tell you what I'll do, I'll make you my queen.

I see a 'JBL is a Commentary God' sign too.

Cole, JBL and Gregory Helms are really talking up Kennedy and Matt Hardy, saying they're both main eventers waiting to happen. JBL thinks Gregory Helms should step up a weight class because there are no more cruiserweights for him to fight.

You know, for some weird reason, I'd like to see King Booker, Finlay, Regal, Cole, JBL and a few others on the Smackdown Roster try to re-do "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".

Sylvan could be the Frenchman on the roof.

Holy shit. JBL would rather see Star Jones in a thong, topless, in his bed, than watch the Miz's debut next week.

The crowd is sitting on their hands too. Miz needs to turn heel very quickly when he realises nobody thinks he's cool.

JBL: It looks like our tag team division, which up to this point consisted of one team, just became highly competitive.

They should get Finlay/Regal in on this too, even if its only partially while they're with King Booker.

JBL: It looks like our tag team division, which up to this point consisted of one team, just became highly competitive.

The office must not actually pay attention to SD commentary unless on PPV because I don't how JBL's getting away with saying stuff like this and the Helms comment earlier.

Strange, who would have guessed that it would JBL not Styles delivering the pseudo-shoot comments.

Yeah, its amazing with the amount little comments here and there every week on SD it takes a joke about his late friend on PPV to get heat.

Awesome double spear by Lashley to Regal and Finlay. If anyone is still maintaining that he sucks and is worthless they're obviously either an idiot, don't watch SD, or both.

EDIT: Oh my god, Finlay just set the leprechaun on Michael Cole.

Another great episode of Smackdown this week. Every match was solid to great for unhyped tv matches, the non-wrestling aspects were short and effective, commentary was great, and most importantly, all of the storylines actually progressed and a few new ones even started.

It's hard to believe that the same company that has been producing SD for the past few months has also been producing Raw over the same period. I honestly can't wait till next Friday to see how the build towards No Mercy shapes up.

All of you guys have your "list of stupid horrible shit WWE has done" handy? I think we can finally mark through "turn a real life widow of a former WWE worker heel".

Still to come in this Eddie storyline:

-Chavo and Vickie will start a romantic relationship, making out with her on TV.

-We will see videos of Chavo with Vickie and the children, as he takes them on as his own family.

-Vickie will be all for it, because she "sees a lot of Eddie in Chavo", and eventually starts to look at Chavo as Eddie himself. Perhaps even calling Chavo Eddie.

-Chavo will come out to Eddie's music, even in the lowrider.

-This will all take place while Rey is gone having his knee surgery.

-When he returns, the angle will be going full force. Vickie will be with Chavo, the children will be involved, he'll be in Eddie's gimmick in every way from entrance to move set, etc...

-This will all lead to Rey/Chavo going at it once again, with Rey's goal to be to "knock some sense into Chavo", to let him know that he's not really Eddie, and Eddie's family is not his. Perhaps with a match at WM.

-To end, Rey will berate Vickie in the middle of the ring, screaming to her that Chavo is not Eddie, and that Eddie is really dead, and he'll never come back.

I guess this is some sort of improvement for Asians in WWE. So he wont be brought in as an evil martial arts guy, but instead they go to the complete opposite end of the sterotype spectrum and make him a redneck cowboy.

I guess this is some sort of improvement for Asians in WWE. So he wont be brought in as an evil martial arts guy, but instead they go to the complete opposite end of the sterotype spectrum and make him a redneck cowboy.

Wonder if he'll work with Cade and Murdoch in a Royal Rumble match.

I find the entire Sylvan issue right now quite funny. It's as if someone woke up, and realized that they were giving him TV time and video packages, and instantly decided that it was a stupid idea in the first place, and now are jobbing him out.

To Vito of all people.

For as much as we can find fault with a lot of WWE booking, you really have to hand it to 'em for what they do with SD. Everyone on the show has a role and is made to seem important in some capacity. Even the midcarders with no programs have something going for them. I think it all stems from the longer matches. Letting a match like Kennedy and Hardy go for nearly 10 minutes helps both guys connect with the fans and establish their position. Although, even short matches with typical WWE finishes seem to work on SD. This week, the London/James matchup was a great way to start re-building the tag team division. No team looked bad despite the overbooked finish.

Other than the Rey/Eddie saga (which seems to be SD's answer to DX/McMahons), it's all passable to good. Even downright stupid gimmicks like Vito and his dress don't hurt the show thanks to the commentary. JBL is probably the best announcer in all of wrestling right now. Other gimmicks that are ridiculous and dated, though not necessarily bad (like the King's Court), are also helped by the commentary and the quality of the wrestlers involved.

With Noble, Kash, Yang (whose gimmick looks very interesting), and Benoit coming back, SD will be on the rise again. It also just hit me how great it was not to see Khali this week.

Still to come in this Eddie storyline:

-Chavo and Vickie will start a romantic relationship, making out with her on TV.

-We will see videos of Chavo with Vickie and the children, as he takes them on as his own family.

-Vickie will be all for it, because she "sees a lot of Eddie in Chavo", and eventually starts to look at Chavo as Eddie himself. Perhaps even calling Chavo Eddie.

-Chavo will come out to Eddie's music, even in the lowrider.

-This will all take place while Rey is gone having his knee surgery.

-When he returns, the angle will be going full force. Vickie will be with Chavo, the children will be involved, he'll be in Eddie's gimmick in every way from entrance to move set, etc...

-This will all lead to Rey/Chavo going at it once again, with Rey's goal to be to "knock some sense into Chavo", to let him know that he's not really Eddie, and Eddie's family is not his. Perhaps with a match at WM.

-To end, Rey will berate Vickie in the middle of the ring, screaming to her that Chavo is not Eddie, and that Eddie is really dead, and he'll never come back.

Don't forget Chavo dragging Eddy's casket behind a lowrider while Rey rides on top of it.

And Chavo has to call his Dominik a "little wetback bastard".