TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
razazteca

The big PPVs of Total Nonstop Action

Bound For Glory - I'll give them credit for claiming that this is the biggest one of the year because it is the 1st one to be done outside of Orlando, Florida.

Slammversary - Hm its the anniversary show?

Lockdown - Every fed needs a gimmick PPV its like Wargames but x8.

Destination X - Is this the finals for the X Cup or the big Ultimate X title defense month?

The weird guy in me hates having the big PPVs so close together, like BFG/TP and Lockdown/Slammy. They should designate two PPVs as their big two (the Mania and Summerslam). I'd advocate Slammiversary being #1 and BFG being #2. Then you have the sub major PPVs as the "turning point" of the storyline arc from 1 major PPV to the next (Slammiversary-> a sub-major PPV -> BFG). What do you guys think?

Forget Sloppy Joe already.

Slammiversary shouldn't be the #1 show. It has the name, but it also has the gimmick KOTM match, which doesn't belong on the biggest show of the year, and it shouldn't be moved. I think BFG is at a better time of year, too.

Forget Sloppy Joe already.

Slammiversary shouldn't be the #1 show. It has the name, but it also has the gimmick KOTM match, which doesn't belong on the biggest show of the year, and it shouldn't be moved. I think BFG is at a better time of year, too.

Good point about the KOTM but the last 2 of the 3 KOTM matches have been good and all three had a surprising ending. I think the King of the Mountain matches have been a symbol and the guys who actually win the matches is the top dog. Only two wrestlers won so far but when they won, it was pretty clear who the top dog of the promotion is. The fact you have to beat 4-5 guys to win the title in one match in an all out war represents TNA.

I think Bound For Glory is during the worst time of year. It's in October, people is back in school,it's getting cold outside,the middle of the football season and basketball season is about to start,World series baseball, people is preparing for the holidays,too much going on. That's why Survivor Series never really been that successful as the other major ppvs,even King of the Ring was more successful for awhile.

Are you implying then that another tedious Jarrett/Sting match with a million run ins is better than Joe going for the title?

He might not, but I will. I'd rather them keep the slow build to Joe getting the belt, and see a legend like Sting possibly get one last run with it before then. I'm a mark for all three guys though, so my opinion is based on that.

No I have the company of my fellow Samoa Joe, Sting, and Pro-Wrestling fans to make up for the my lack of company from the Jarrett fans. Thanks for the concern though.

Besides I could get lonlier..I could be a Virgil fan.