TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zack Malibu

I'm officially a radio DJ.

As of this past Sunday, I'm now the official co-host of a radio show called "Late Night With The Boss" on WELH FM in Rhode Island from 11-1 on Sunday nights. It's a small gig to start, but it's something, and will hopefully lead to more experience and opportunity down the line. I'm actually on-air with a friend of mine, so the banter and chemistry comes naturally and not forced, and I have the benefit of picking out the playlist (rather than follow any set station format where it's the same 10 songs every hour on the hour like most mainstream radio). Because the station I'm on is leased to different outlets during the week they don't have an audio stream online yet, so I can't link those of you interested to listen in, however I'm broadcast statewide, so those of you in RI and likely MA will be able to pick me up.

Guest wildpegasus
As of this past Sunday, I'm now the official co-host of a radio show called "Late Night With The Boss" on WELH FM in Rhode Island from 11-1 on Sunday nights. It's a small gig to start, but it's something, and will hopefully lead to more experience and opportunity down the line. I'm actually on-air with a friend of mine, so the banter and chemistry comes naturally and not forced, and I have the benefit of picking out the playlist (rather than follow any set station format where it's the same 10 songs every hour on the hour like most mainstream radio). Because the station I'm on is leased to different outlets during the week they don't have an audio stream online yet, so I can't link those of you interested to listen in, however I'm broadcast statewide, so those of you in RI and likely MA will be able to pick me up.

Congratulations Zack. Best wishes.

88.1 WELH.

Wow, talk about "Left of the Dial."

Congrats on your show, though. Hope it leads to bigger and better things for you. Be sure to do show prep (have a set list ready for each show, maybe a few topics to discuss) and you'll do fine, I'm sure. I used to DJ at a college radio station and had a great time...had my own show for a while. Still working in radio, but not on-air.

200px-Pump_Up_the_Volume.jpg

Nice reference. That's my second favorite Slater movie of the 80's, behind Heathers and just in front of Gleeming the Cube.

Malibu, how about posting some playlists to be ridiculed.

Malibu's Selections this past week:

Duran Duran's "Out Of My Mind" (Lushus is gonna love me for that one)

April Sixth-"Dear Angel"

Halifax-"Straight Up" (Dubs, you know that one)

We also had a band in the studio so that took up the first 45 minutes. The other DJ got a few of his songs in, and we ended the show with the Star Spangled Banner for 9/11.

Guest Felonies!

88.1 WELH.

Wow, talk about "Left of the Dial."

One of my favorite Replacements songs.

Just avoid adding crazy sound effects to your show, as it can quickly become annoying for the listener.

Toucher and Rich overuse the old-school NES sound effects on their show in Boston. I dunno if Toucher did back in Atlanta, but if he did...why did people listen to him?

In fact, why are they here? The best part of their show is this kid Adolpho...who they met up here...so what the fuck?