TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

The deluxe belts have actually leather straps that are much more flexible than the adult straps. If you just plan on hanging the belts on your wall, than you might as well just get the adult replica.

From PWInsider:

'PICK YOUR POISON' MATCHES FOR SMACKDOWN ANNOUNCED

by Buck Woodward @ 1:16:00 PM on 9/30/2006

WWE.com has announced the "Pick Your Poison" matches for next week's edition of Smackdown, with King Booker T selecting Bobby Lashley's opponent and vice versa. King Booker T will take on Batista, and Bobby Lashley will take on Fit Finlay on Smackdown.

and then

WWE CHANGES THE 'PICK YOUR POISON' MATCHES FOR SMACKDOWN

by Buck Woodward @ 2:08:00 PM on 9/30/2006

Devin Cutting sent in the following. ... WWE.com is now reporting that the Pick Your Poison matches on Smackdown will be King Booker verses Finlay and Bobby Lashley verses Batista. Lashley is forcing Booker to wrestle one of Booker's own knights and Booker is forcing Lashley to wrestle Lashley's friend.

An hour ago, WWE.com listed Booker vs. Batista and Lashley vs. Finlay as being the matches. We'll have to wait and see if they "change their mind" about the matches again before the taping this Tuesday.

I want to see Booker try and cheat to beat Finlay (who fights for the sake of fighting), then see Finlay snap and have Regal come in, leading to a stiff brawl between the two knights. Not going to happen, but definitely what I want to see.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Joey Mercury returned to OVW, losing to Paul Burchill this week. Mercury has a Spirit Squad-like haircut.

The front of the shirt isn't bad, but the back has got to be the stupidest thing since the Brokeback APA shirt. I'd like to see an evolution of the WWE Championship shirt with all the title medals on it.

The deluxe belts have actually leather straps that are much more flexible than the adult straps. If you just plan on hanging the belts on your wall, than you might as well just get the adult replica.

Oh is that the differance? And all this time I thought the deluxe belts were for fat people.

ECW HouseShow Results - Rodney Mack in ECW.

The show drew around 1,000 people in the Budweiser Events Center which holds 6,500.

Stevie Richards defeated Rodney Mack.

Eric Perez (from DSW) defeated Al Snow.

Renee Dupree was declared the winner of the best body contest by Matt Striker, that also featured Kelly Kelly and Francine.

Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman defeated Matt Striker & Renee Dupree.

CM Punk defeated Mike Knox.

Paul Heyman's Personal Security defeated The F.B.I.

Rob Van Dam defeated Kevin Thorn.

Sabu defeated Test, in an "Extreme Rules" Match.

So....Matt Striker's gay?

I bet he saw Dupree after Dupree got out of the shower last week.

-- Congratulations to Trish Stratus who got married yesterday.

-- Several current and former WWE Divas were in attendance at the wedding, including Victoria, Ivory, Ashley Massaro, Torrie Wilson, Lillian Garcia, Lita and Maria.

-- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that if Trish should return to WWE any time in the future, she would likely do so under a deal similar to what Hulk Hogan or Mick Foley have. This would allow her to come in for big events or angles without having to commit to anything too long.

Quick question..

Alright, I know I might get flamed for this .. but just how does Meltzer go about getting all the news for WON?

I'm sure this has been pointed out in a past thread or what not, but I mean.. if Vince goes out of his way to try to keep info in-house and refuse for WWE stars to get on the show, then just how is all the info getting out? Seriously, couldn't the great Vince McMahon figure out who's saying what then can 'em?

He's got sources within the companies. I know Jim Ross use to be a big one for the WWE.

I'm to lazy too actually post any othe pics but Trish's sister apparently has a bunch of Stratus's wedding pictures on her myspace.

Kori Stratus's Myspace

ivoryhollykori.jpg

yes i can see how molly holly is in the photo.... stupid bitch

Dude...she called Torrie, Terri.

Some SD News.

from PWInsider.com:

WWE management was blindsided by Smackdown lead writer Alex Greenfield giving notice that he was leaving the creative team to pursue several projects in Hollywood that had been in development prior to his joining WWE.

Greenfield had written a horror film titled "Midnight Movie" that is about to start pre-production in California. I am told Greenfield recently had another film script greenlit for development as well. Those projects will require him to work full-time out of Los Angeles, logistically making it impossible for to work on the weekly grind of WWE programming and be on the road traveling for TV tapings.

The McMahons were said not to be happy about the news but the word going around is that because Greenfield was upfront about leaving and the reasons why, the door remains open for his return down the line. Greenfield will finish up with the company this week, possibly as early as this week's TV tapings. At this point, Michael Hayes will be heading up the Smackdown creative team.

I know little of Hayes' booking ways. Is him taking over good or bad?

Guest ResidentEvil

So what do people think about Michael Hayes possibly getting more power in the booking on Smackdown?

The "Spectacular Legacy of the AWA" DVD has been completed. There is a 1 hour 45 minute documentary focusing on Verne Gagne. It's more about the later years, talking about Hulk Hogan, the Superclash shows. Featured on interviews are Jim Brunzell, Michael Hayes, Baron Von Raschke, Greg Gagne, Eric Bischoff, and Nick Bockwinkel.

The match listing is:

*Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens .VS. High Flyers (listed as 8/23/71, but obviously that date is wrong because the High Flyers didn't start until years later).

*Verne Gagne .VS. Baron Von Raschke (7/13/74).

*Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens .VS. Frank Hill & Billy Robinson (5/20/78).

*Verne Gagne & Mad Dog Vachon .VS. Adrian Adonis & Jesse Ventura (3/22/80).

*Verne Gagne .VS. Nick Bockwinkel (5/10/81, Gagne's original retirement match).

*Gagne & Brunzell .VS. Ventura & Adonis (8/31/81).

*Bockwinkel .VS. Hulk Hogan (4/18/82).

*Ventura .VS. Von Raschke (3/18/83).

*Hogan .VS. Masa Saito & Massao Hattori (8/28/83).

*Road Warriors .VS. Crusher & Larry & Curt Hennig (1/13/85).

*Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty .VS. Buddy Rose & Doug Somers (12/25/86).

*Bockwinkel .VS. Curt Hennig (5/2/87).

*Jerry Lawler .VS. Kerry Von Erich (12/13/88).

Rob Van Dam missed the 9/23 ECW house show held in Tyler, Texas because he drove to the wrong town. RVD left the Dallas airport, which is two hours from Tyler, Texas, but got mistaken and actually drove all the way to Tyler, Oklahoma. Once RVD realized he was in the wrong town, he drove all the way back to Tyler, Texas. He managed to arrive to the building, but the show was over by then. It was announced at the beginning of the show that he wasn't going to be there and refunds were offered for anyone who wanted them.

*Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty .VS. Buddy Rose & Doug Somers (12/25/86).

*Jerry Lawler .VS. Kerry Von Erich (12/13/88).

Are those the same matches that are included, respectively, on the Shawn Michaels: From the Vault and Greatest Stars of the 80s DVDs?

Nothing of much interest on my part for this dvd. Pass.

From PWInsider:

WWE will bring its original Internet show Byte This, back from the dead this Saturday at 12 PM, with a special live edition that will steam on the WWE website. Vince McMahon will be the guest. The company is promoting it as his first appearance since the Unforgiven PPV, where McMahon was stretchered out of the ring following a loss to DX.

Byte This was shelved last February following a controversial appearance by the Heart Throbs, who were later released. WWE was quick to defend reports that the show was canceled, instead claiming it was on "hiatus" and would return at a later date.

https://secure.wwe.com/forms/contact/help/vincechat.php

Indeed wrestling got an interview with a WWE production worker who got fired a couple of weeks ago

hxxp://dl01.blastpodcast.com/indeedwrestling/15285_1157433044.mp3

he talks about: long hours, how being a wrestling fan works against you, Randy Orton's suspension was a work (to reinforce his bad bay image and move him back to raw) how every episode of TNA is taped and logged and what it was like in production the day Eddie died.

-I caught some of RAW last night - Jeff Hardy looks like he's bulking up a bit.

-Good for the new tune coming for RAW. I was so fucking sick of that other piece of shit song. That said, I didn't think it was possible for the singer from Papa Roach to look even more like a douchebag, but he's accomplished it. He's starting to look Scott Weiland in a needle pushing kind of way.

Watched the No Mercy Press Conference yesterday. Nothing too notable, though Helms had a good promo, mentioning that he was the only WCW and WWE Hardcore champion, and that he beat Hardy for the European Title back in the day. Liked this exchange too,

Girl: (To Helms) You may be the longest running Cruiserweight Champion of all time, but at least Matt wasn't in 3 Count.

King Booker: She's got a point.