TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Typical Vince. Without another top heel on Smackdown (Like anyone really considers Booker a long term plan internally), Vince panics and goes with the big man again because that's all he knows.

Instead of using this opportunity to create a new star in Kennedy, they go to the old-stand by of The Undertaker.

Batista has no need to end the streak because he beat Triple H clean on 3 straight chances at WM and HIAC, no less. That's about equal in terms of a rub. He doesn't need it and there's no point in ending the streak now. The only chance to end it and giving it value was with Orton and they passed.

As of right now, Ken Kennedy is the only guy who I'd be willing to accept to end Taker's streak, and even then I don't think it's something that needs to be done. KK is forming a history with Taker right now, so it would only make sense for them to continue their feud, especially since KK has already mentioned the streak I believe. Having Batista be the guy is one of the stupidest things I've heard in a long time having to do with WWE.

No one needs to end the streak, period. Just put Taker with Benoit since that's the only big name he hasn't faced yet on a big level aside from Batista (which can easily be served for the NWO ppv) or Edge, and I expect Edge to be used in the Raw main event.

I've always been against ending the streak, I just don't see the point. I only mention KK because if they are going to do it anyway, he's the only one right now in the entire company that I'd be the less pissed about doing it.

I've always been against ending the streak, I just don't see the point. I only mention KK because if they are going to do it anyway, he's the only one right now in the entire company that I'd be the less pissed about doing it.

Because ending the streak is looked at as the biggest rub someone will get from the Undertaker.

It'll sorta be his way of passing the torch to someone.

and with Kennedy on the verge of breaking out...that could be Vince's "Hogan/Andre moment" that he seems so desperate to recreate. Except at WM23, a guy like Kennedy could REALLY use it (unlike Hogan 20 years ago) and it could elevate him to be one of the guys that could carry the company for a long stretch as a top heel.

Yeah, don't get carried away. Things have changed a hell of a lot, and in the long run a single win over someone else doesn't really mean all that much. With so many shows in this era a big win, even someone beating Taker at WM, just wont have the same effect as it did back in the day. I've gone over all of this before. Blah blah blah, few things mean anything anymore, blah blah blah, almost nothing in wrestling is sacred anymore, blah blah blah, not even the world titles, blah blah blah, so why not let Taker keep the streak since it wont really truly help anyone like it would've years ago, blah blah blah.

Give it to someone like Batista is just an example of them trying to push him on the fans against their will. Weren't they cooling off on Batista just a number of weeks ago anyway?

but people are forgetting that Hogan DIDN'T NEED THE RUB in 1987. Sure, Andre was that final big obstacle in his face...but he had been in the main events for at least two years at that point. He didn't need it. I'm not trying to EXACTLY compare it, but it's the closest possible thing to it right now in the company.

I would also say that I really don't want Taker to lose his streak either, because I've always been a huge Taker fan from back in the day, but IF Vince is wanting him to lose it, I'd much rather see him lose it to someone who is on the verge of breaking out rather than a guy whose been in the main events for two years and who the fans already buy as a main event player and contender.

He also had some sort of growth removed from around his freakin' spine, and they thought it might be cancer. I think I heard yesterday or the day before that they got the results back and it was benign, thank God.

I know this is kind of random but with all of us reading things from the Observer has it ever been speculated or talked about by Meltzer himself who his sources are? Anyone have any guesses?

I agree, I'm not 100% against Undertaker losing at WM, it's just that Batista would almost be last on my list. I mean he's 41 years old for crissakes and is an established main eventer who doesn't need that kind of rub.

I had the dumb idea in the back of my head after the whole falling out of both Hogan vs Austin and Hogan vs Big Show that they'd have Hogan show up and go "You never beat me at WM brother" and we'd get Hogan vs Taker at WM. Theres the last guy that should be on your list.

With wrestlers often making "legendary comebacks" at Mania they should never end UT's streak...if he were to lose to anyone and retire next year him coming back at Mania wouldn't be as special at some point later down the road...

UT can do plenty just by having a great match with someone who comes close to ending the streak..I mean LOT'S of good near falls and then pulling one out the end of a hard fought match....

Trish Stratus is up for a lead role for a new reality TV show in which celebrities become law enforcement officers. The police department of Muncie, IN will be working with the producers should the show get picked up. Other names mentioned are Jack Osbourne and Erik Estrada.

Vince McMahon has been putting pressure on Raw and Smackdown head writers Brian Gerwitz and Michael Hayes to give the two shows a more distinctive feel. He wants Gerwitz to model Raw on the late '90s and Hayes to model Smackdown on the late '80s.

Shane McMahon was the person pushing hard for WWE and Pride to make a deal as he is a big MMA fan. In the early years of UFC there was even talk of the WWF purchasing the group and having Shane run it. As it stands it is very unlikely that WWE will bother doing anything with Pride, particularly as Bob Sapp would not be able to work as a wrestler full-time.

It is still unclear which WWE brand Monty Brown will be a part of. Heyman pushed for him to join ECW first, while some feel Brown would be better on Smackdown as it is taped, and others feel that since ECW has Lashley and Smackdown has MVP they should add another young African-American to Raw since they are never going to push Shelton Benjamin significantly.

Vince McMahon has been putting pressure on Raw and Smackdown head writers Brian Gerwitz and Michael Hayes to give the two shows a more distinctive feel. He wants Gerwitz to model Raw on the late '90s and Hayes to model Smackdown on the late '80s.

So that explains why Raw has been using rehash gimmicks and angles and why Smackdown has been focusing on using wrestling matches to help promote angles and feuds.

So that explains why Raw has been using rehash gimmicks and angles and why Smackdown has been focusing on using wrestling matches to help promote angles and feuds.

I'm just surprised he knew that Gerwirtz trying to model the 80's would have been an huge disaster. Basically by telling Hayes to book it like the 80's is Vince's way of saying "I don't give a shit, do your thing".

I'm just surprised he knew that Gerwirtz trying to model the 80's would have been an huge disaster. Basically by telling Hayes to book it like the 80's is Vince's way of saying "I don't give a shit, do your thing".

Yeah but when has Vince ever given a shit about Smackdown since the brand split?

Yeah but when has Vince ever given a shit about Smackdown since the brand split?

When he was trying everything to get UPN to re-new the show.

I enjoyed Smackdown the least when Vince was on it, doing the Mr. America storyline, and Zach Gowen, and having Sable as a mistress.. ugh

yeah, It's great to know he's ignoring the show. If the ratings and PPV buys grow, then maybe he will realize that ...nah.. nevermind. :)

The Sabu story keeps getting worse and worse. Not only did he look like he just didn't want to be at the PPV tonight, but PWInsider reports that he recently missed a talent photo shoot yesterday for all of the talent. Once again, he just didn't show up.