TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

I don't see how that can be, Marvin. ECW is one match booked right now that is hardly appealing enough to justify such a high price.

SS is far from a mess since all the matches have been built better then most PPV's have from top to bottom. You have a main event that'll probably be well worked with the talents involved (When the worst wrestler in the match is a big guy who can take bumps and is almost a lock to be out first, that's a good collection of workers) with various interlacing issues going on to make it more exciting.

You have a trainwreck match involving Cena/Show's respective teams that combined with the usual overbooking they do for these types of matches along with the Philly crowd, you have an interesting dynamic involved.

Chavo/Benoit, while it hasn't been the most brilliant storyline, they usually provide a good sound match if given 10-12 minutes.

Kennedy has been put over in a big way by Undertaker and with Taker's injury and how high he is about him, we could see a proverbial torch passing here, or at the very least, a good bloody brawl.

The legends/SS match is time filler that won't even last long.

Lita/Mickie will be short and maybe Lita will be motivated, Batista/Booker will be another flop of a match but again, it'll be short.

Also, the ECW show is going to be in a virtual non-ecw market with a main event loaded with workers that are either completely banged up, likely to set new standards for botching, a wrestler who is built as a MMA style fighter in what is sold as a warzone, a green roid monster and two other guys who haven't gotten much steam right now.

The rest of the card will be atrocious unless they purposely load the card with Smackdown/Raw matches to entice the smarky crowd.

Then why post that you aren't ordering both and are just considering the ECW PPV? If you don't like the 5 on 5s...then OF COURSE you aren't going to order the show because half the PPV (and at least half of the 3 hours) is going to be those matches...

If I didn't like those matches, and only knew about one match for D2D, at this point I wouldn't be thinking about spending my money on EITHER of them, even if the one match I know for ECW is a pretty big match with alot of possibilities for the future (much like most of the SurSer card).

Then why post that you aren't ordering both and are just considering the ECW PPV? If you don't like the 5 on 5s...then OF COURSE you aren't going to order the show because half the PPV (and at least half of the 3 hours) is going to be those matches...

If I didn't like those matches, and only knew about one match for D2D, at this point I wouldn't be thinking about spending my money on EITHER of them, even if the one match I know for ECW is a pretty big match with alot of possibilities for the future (much like most of the SurSer card).

Id probably order both if they weren't back to back weekends. And, I liked the old school 5 on 5 matches from the early survivor series, but the only one that actually feels like one of those this year is the legends vs Spirit Squad match. And its so obvious that they're jobbing out the Spirit Squad fast in the match to hasten the breakup.

As for the ECW PPV, they have 2 more shows to add matches..I dont have a clue what those matches could be and if they would justify ordering the show (probably not).

Matches they could add for the ECW PPV (not my predicted card, but just a list of possible matches):

Tommy Dreamer vs. Daivari

Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman vs. Daivari & The Great Khali

The Sandman vs. Matt Striker

For an undercard match...

Balls Mahoney vs. Mike Knox.

And I'm sure there's more, but those were some off the top of my head.

How do the other two matches NOT resemble the old school pairings?

Each match is mix and matched with main eventers and mid-carders with intertwined issues. That is EXACTLY what the original matches were.

I've been a big backer of the new ecw, and as it stands right now there is no way I'd even consider buying the D2D ppv. In the very least they should have protected their first offering by putting it in old ECW territory - the fans could make the PPV.

I know wwe was in a tough spot because Big Show couldn't work a PPV main event match, and in the Chamber he could be the last wrestler released - effectively not joining the match untilit is 25 minutes old. However it killed any undercard potential.

With it being a week after interbrand SS, and given the limited time they have to book an undercard, I think there has to be Raw and SD! wrestlers on the card. However even then, who is going to represent ECW on those undercard matches Holly, Dreamer, Sandman, Thorn, Knox, Striker, Durpee, Shannon Moore, Daivari, Burke, Terkay and Khali??

Heyman should make all Chamber wrestlers except the Big Show, have to wrestle in undercard matches - put their spots up for grabs again. It should have been done this way anyways -

Punk vs Striker

RVD vs Knox

Test vs Terkay

Lashley vs Holly

Sabu vs Thorn

You know, Survior Series is a pretty solid show, I'm actually surprised that the WWE booked such a solid ppv and gave it the right amount of hype to help promote it. I'm am diffently looking forward to ordering this one. But umm when do we get more matches annouced for the ECW ppv?

Theres like..no way Im ordering both, and Im considering just getting the ECW PPV.

I think it will be better than the mess at SS even if we know just one match.

but see, thats why some of other posters who I live close to are getting together to watch the ECW one. So it all works out for me. :D

How do the other two matches NOT resemble the old school pairings?

Each match is mix and matched with main eventers and mid-carders with intertwined issues. That is EXACTLY what the original matches were.

there's no difference between this year and the 80s matches...I don't understand why people aren't understanding that concept, Hawk...

I wouldn't be surprised if they use a few Smackdown and RAW guys to fill out the ECW PPV. Maybe do the Hardyz (since when they hell are they "Team Xtreme?") vs Doring/Roadkill and Misterio vs Shannon Moore, or something like that.

I'm sure they'll also put Burke and Terkay on there somewhere.

Roadkill is no more as the wwe changed his gimmick. Last I heard of him he was shirtless, beardless and wrestling as Braddock. However I believe he only made one Deep South appearance and hasn't been seen since. I wonder if he's injured or was released.

Any news on Braddock??

Maybe do the Hardyz (since when they hell are they "Team Xtreme?") vs Doring/Roadkill and Misterio vs Shannon Moore, or something like that.

The Hardyz (with Lita) have been known as Team eXtreme since 2000 at least, if not earlier. Weird you don't remember that since it was mentioned all over the place when they were at their peak.

I do remember they and Lita being collectively known as "Team Xtreme"...but not Matt and Jeff strictly as a tag team. It was always "Matt and Jeff, the Hardy Boyz."

Yes, that is fine. I mean, it's pretty logical for some tag teams to have an extra "nickname." It just irked me a little bit when then announcer called them "Team Xtreme" during the ring introduction last night. I don't know why...it just seemed kind of weird.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but what the hell. From PWInsider:

-The reason for Sabu being squashed by Umaga on ECW is because there is a ton of heat on him. He's been getting to shows late, and at a recent event he fell asleep backstage and management looked at that as him being disrespectful to the other workers.

Hey downhome..

I was wondering if anyone can tell me about these 2 from the pwinsider preview.

- Tension backstage at the Smackdown taping last night involving a major ECW star.

- Top WWE star making noises about wanting to take time off.

Alright, from PWInsider:

-The special Christmas RAW for the troops will be a mixture of all of the talent this year.

-Last night RVD was told that he is expected to make the trip this year. If you remember, two years ago RVD refused to do so. He was very pissed last night after being told that he's expected to go, and many are saying that if he crosses paths with Vince McMahon, "things could be said".

-The Sabu squash was indeed a direct punishment for his recent behavior. It's said that many believe that he'll straighten up now.

-TBS, as we already know, is the guy saying that he wants to take time off. From what he says, he's in a lot of pain right now because of his back. He'll more than likely take time off after the December PPV and then return around Rumble time to then build towards WM.

-In regards to Kurt Angle saying that he's been getting calls from a lot of WWE guys, some top major names, about wanting to make the jump to TNA, there is indeed truth to all of that and it isn't just Angle bullshitting. There are a lot of semi-main eventers and former main everters who are seriously looking in jumping as soon as their WWE contracts are up. People are tired of the "WWE grind", and they see that they can jump to TNA, and make a little less money, but work a hell of a lot less.

-Two of the names that are going around about wanting to jump to TNA are Rey Mysterio and Chris Benoit.

-To make it clearer, you wont see guys like John Cena, Taker, HHH, or any of those guys jump. The guys that are thinking about it are those who are on the verge of moving to the main event, or have been there and quite possibly wont get there again, not to mention guys who have a lot of mileage on their bodies, and they'd like a lighter schedule, but still want to work.

Nothing. That's why I hope they go, personally. You can only see the same guys wrestle the same opponents for so long before it gets boring.

RVD should tell Vince to go screw himself. If he doesn't want to go to a warzone, he really shouldn't have to. I think it's great WWE is doing this show in front of the troops, but I hope they're all getting big bonuses or hazard pay to make up for the trip.

RVD shouldn't have to go if he doesn't believe in the war. What's next? Wrestlers being forced to vote Republican?

Also, that was awful nice of PWI to expose Benoit and Rey to their current company.

BTW, has there been any word how bad Mickie James was hurt on Monday?

RVD shouldn't have to go if he doesn't believe in the war. What's next? Wrestlers being forced to vote Republican?

Also, that was awful nice of PWI to expose Benoit and Rey to their current company.

Yeah, at least Meltzer had the decency to withold their names.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but what the hell. From PWInsider:

-The reason for Sabu being squashed by Umaga on ECW is because there is a ton of heat on him. He's been getting to shows late, and at a recent event he fell asleep backstage and management looked at that as him being disrespectful to the other workers.

It's interesting that JR and even King went out of their way to put Sabu over as a bonafied star despite the fact he was crushed and spiked.

I think RVD could probably get out of his contract over this issue if he pushed it. I don't think you can force somebody to go on a USO Tour if they don't want to go. However I don't think wwe would push it to that point, however don't look for an ECW title for RVD any time soon, or ever again. How would a ex-Army Bobby Lashley look as ECW Champion in Iraq??

Benoit just re-signed didn't he not? I wouldn't let him out right now, I'd pay him to sit at home before outright releasing him.

I expect Mysterio to jump, but it will be made out to be a bigger deal than it is. Mysterio has nothing left in the wwe as far as I'm concerned.

How can you work a lot less but only make a little less money? Is VKM pocketing a shitload of money or is TNA's business plan doomed to failure?