TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 2

That's the great education that you can only receive in Austin, Texas, shining through.

Afterward, Williams said he didn't regret making the guarantee.

"No, because everyone believes what I said," he told Albom.

Ok.

It looks like Jevon Kearse has a pretty serious, but undisclosed injury to his knee, and TO will be out for a couple of weeks. The Giants schedule is the hardest in the division, but with the other teams underperforming, and/or having key players hurt we might not be that far behind down the stretch when we can make up ground with H2H games.

I'm not too worried about the TO injury. Cowboys have a bye next week and I'm pretty sure we can handle the Titans the week after that, with or without TO. Then it's the game against the Iggles and you know that TO will be in the lineup for that one.

Guest Princess Leena

2 weeks is very quick to recover from a finger break. And it's not like a WR can tape his fingers together and tough it out.

Guest Felonies!

Roy Williams after the Lions lose next week:

"Well I said we'd win if we did everything we were supposed to do, and we didn't. But next week! Maaaaaaan. Watch OUT."

The radio guys for the Bears were just kind of incredulous and amused by the whole thing. "And Roy Williams tackled for the first down. 1st and....wait, is he doing a celebration dance? He's celebrating a first down. Okay. Way to go, Roy. 1st and 10, Bears lead 10-nothing."

Guest Princess Leena

Next thing, players will be celebrating any gain of yardage, or tackle. Like how it is in NCAA '07.

Guest Princess Leena

But, if Lechler popped his jersey, you can't really rag on him because he is the best player on their team.

2 weeks is very quick to recover from a finger break. And it's not like a WR can tape his fingers together and tough it out.

I doubt he will be at 100% and might not even play much but you have to know TO will be there in Philly, in uniform, come hell or high water. Any other team and he'd probably take an extra week off at least.

I think this is the first time I've ever seen someone sprain three ligaments at once. I'm shocked nothing got torn, but the result is basically the same.

Bye, bye, playoff hopes of the 2006 Philadelphia Eagles.

Not nessecary...

Kearse isn't THAT big of a factor, yes the injury hurts, but your overreacting it. Philly has enough depth on the D-Line, to make it work.

Darren Howard, is a very good player, and Trent Cole(although fucking up last game) is a very solid DE aswell. Cole has 4 sacks already this season. Juqua Thomas, has been playing pretty solid aswell and has recorded a sack each game so far, and a forced fumble. Jerome McDougle needs to come back also, to help spice up the defensive line with Kearse out. But to say goodbye to the Eagles playoffs hopes is down right foolish IMO.

I'm more worried about Lito Sheppard coming back, because the way Eli Manning was able to pick on Hanson, allowing Toomer to have a big game was just sickining to see, and was a big part of the reason why the Giants came back. Hopefully we'll see him back next week.

Jevon Kearse is irreplaceable. If they still had Derrick Burgess, I would feel a little differently.

I thought that the Eagles playoff hopes were bunk in the first place, this cemented it.

Jevon Kearse is irreplaceable. If they still had Derrick Burgess, I would feel a little differently.

You have yet to explain how he is irreplaceable, while I have proved my point why he is, considering his replacement(Trent Cole) is leading the NFL in sacks as of today.

Philly has 13 sacks so far this year, and 3.5 came from Kearse. Like I said we have enough depth on our D-Line to still win games, and get past the Kearse injury.

If we lost Trottier, Dawkins, Sheppard, Michael Lewis, Sheldon Brown for the season, then yes I would agree with you. But Kearse? Nah.

Defensive stats, in football, mean nothing. You can get those sacks, but if you have a shitty game otherwise, what does it mean?

Is Trent Cole able to fill the gaps that Kearse fills? Does Cole warrant an extra blocker like Kearse does? Does a team need to gameplan around Cole? Is Cole a leader? The things that don't show up on a scoresheet are the most important things.

Defensive stats, in football, mean nothing. You can get those sacks, but if you have a shitty game otherwise, what does it mean?

Is Trent Cole able to fill the gaps that Kearse fills? Does Cole warrant an extra blocker like Kearse does? Does a team need to gameplan around Cole? Is Cole a leader? The things that don't show up on a scoresheet are the most important things.

Dawkins is the leader of the defense, and has been since the start of the decade.

When has a team center their gameplan around Kearse, since he was a member of the Titans?

If you actually watched any Philly games this season, you will notice that Kearse isn't on the field when the defense is on, everytime, and that Jim Johnson constantly switches up the D-Line almost every play. And you would also notice that Trent Cole has been playing very good football when he is on the field. Now I'm not suggesting he's as good as Kearse or anything, but he's a good enough replacement. But like I said the D-Line is constantly switched up. Darren Howard is a fine defensive end himself, so I'm not worried about it. The D-Line is still going to pass rush nicely.

Losing Kearse is not as important was losing Trottier, Dawkins, Sheppard, or anyone out of our Linebacking and D-Back core, for the season, because they can't be replaced.

Kearse can't conceivably be replaced by anyone that is currently playing for the Eagles. Teams do not center their gameplan around Kearse, but he is definitely a factor in making the gameplan. He hasn't had the big numbers because he's been doubled up. Now, teams can forget about using a blocker on him and using that one to pick up the blitz.

I'm walking away so that I don't beat this into the ground.

Losing your star DE for the year doesn't exactly kill your playoff hopes. We sorta had the same situation with Abraham all the time in NY. He'd miss like 5 games or so, and we'd still be alright.

Guest Vitamin X
Roy Williams after the Lions lose next week:

"Well I said we'd win if we did everything we were supposed to do, and we didn't. But next week! Maaaaaaan. Watch OUT."

He won't have to worry about making excuses next week, they're playing the Packers at home. Even when Green Bay was good they had trouble there. Now, this is the Green Bay team that finds a way to lose after putting themselves in position to win (like how after they went up 13-0 they give up 20 unanswered points, and then when they tie the game, the give up a touchdown almost immediately and on the ensuing drive to tie it, give up a fumble on the first play to give the Saints a quick and easy two touchdown lead... fuck..)