TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 2

Losing your star DE for the year doesn't exactly kill your playoff hopes. We sorta had the same situation with Abraham all the time in NY. He'd miss like 5 games or so, and we'd still be alright.

Espically when you got solid enough players to replace him.

Man, how could St. Louis beat Denver, and then lose to the 49ers.

The fourtyfuckingniners. Ugh.

Also, I've been looking at Warner's stats, and they don't seem that bad.

Wait, holy shit, he's fumbled 7 times?? In 2 games?

:(

Guest Princess Leena
Kearse can't conceivably be replaced by anyone that is currently playing for the Eagles. Teams do not center their gameplan around Kearse, but he is definitely a factor in making the gameplan. He hasn't had the big numbers because he's been doubled up. Now, teams can forget about using a blocker on him and using that one to pick up the blitz.

I'm walking away so that I don't beat this into the ground.

Indeed. We'll notice how Cole's sack totals drop now. And just about every team uses a DL rotation.

ok. as long as you don't put the falcons ABOVE the bears. that would be silly.

*raises hand*

I would. Until someone figures out how to get them off the field. offensively.

ok. as long as you don't put the falcons ABOVE the bears. that would be silly.

*raises hand*

I would. Until someone figures out how to get them off the field. offensively.

The Bears did a pretty good job of that last year vs the Falcons.

And the Falcons play any differently.... how?

They gave up on that whole passing thing for awhile. This Nebraska option offense suits them better.

Guest Felonies!

Hey, did they just use "Reincarnation of a Lovebird" by Charles Mingus in that little Joey Porter piece? I do believe they did.

Also, I've been looking at Warner's stats, and they don't seem that bad.

Wait, holy shit, he's fumbled 7 times?? In 2 games?

:(

During the Seattle game Warner was getting blitzed like crazy and Denny Green and the coaching staff decided not to change up their strategy.

Well, Steelers lose. I hate the Jaguars. Who gives a shit about Jacksonville?

How did Jacksonville even get a franchise? It's not exactly a big market and if you asked a panel of random people to name "Five Florida cities", Jacksonville wouldn't make the cut.

It's like Green Bay but without the history and crazy fans.

Before I forgot, why does Chad Pennington celebrate EVERY play he makes? Every play he made in the Patriots game, he celebrated like he just won the Super Bowl.

Also, maybe Big Ben wasn't ready to come back? Cause they really look like a team that was not well prepared at all for this game. But hats off to the Jags, they are pretty damn good defensively. They are weak offensively but very good defensively.

Before I forgot, why does Chad Pennington celebrate EVERY play he makes? Every play he made in the Patriots game, he celebrated like he just won the Super Bowl.

Also, maybe Big Ben wasn't ready to come back? Cause they really look like a team that was not well prepared at all for this game. But hats off to the Jags, they are pretty damn good defensively. They are weak offensively but very good defensively.

Because Chad Pennington lives every moment to the fullest. After overcoming not one but two shoulder surgeries, he realizes that every throw could be his last. Or, he's just a douchebag.

Guest Felonies!
How did Jacksonville even get a franchise? It's not exactly a big market and if you asked a panel of random people to name "Five Florida cities", Jacksonville wouldn't make the cut.

Because St. Louis and Baltimore fucked up their expansion plans. Had they had their shit together maybe we wouldn't have to hear about trying to add a 33rd team for Los Angeles.

Say, "Los Angeles Jaguars." I like it.

By the way, does anyone else just hate the "the national media overlooks us but we'll prove you wrong! you'll see! YOU'LL SEE!" teams, or is it just me?

Because St. Louis and Baltimore fucked up their expansion plans. Had they had their shit together maybe we wouldn't have to hear about trying to add a 33rd team for Los Angeles.

Right, because Los Angeles needs another franchise they can pretend to care about for four weeks and then watch as it folds up and leaves because the fans don't give a damn.

LA wants wins now and if it isn't winning the title, they aren't coming to the games.

Guest Felonies!

Well I'm just saying, the NFL is gonna get a team in LA if it kills them, and the Jags are one of the only teams that isn't really locked down. The Colts have their new stadium being built, and I think the Vikings are safe with the new owner, so they're the only team left that can really move.

Guest Felonies!

NFL GENERIC

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAAAA

Man, graphics guys, get your shit together. Worst-produced football games on TV

I believe Jacksonville has pretty good fan support.

No I think they've had trouble selling out and get blacked out now and then.

Anyone catch that on-screen graphic after Tirico started talking about this being the lowest-scoring MNF game of all time?

NFL GENERIC

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGG

Edit: How did I know you'd beat me to it?

Guest Smues
Anyone catch that on-screen graphic after Tirico started talking about this being the lowest-scoring MNF game of all time?

NFL GENERIC

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGG

I did, and am rewinding my not Tivo to look at it again. What the hell was that?

Guest Felonies!

NFL GENERIC

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGG

I saw you in the thread and kicked it into high gear.

Right, because Los Angeles needs another franchise they can pretend to care about for four weeks and then watch as it folds up and leaves because the fans don't give a damn.

LA wants wins now and if it isn't winning the title, they aren't coming to the games.

Speaking of which, one of the current rumors is that the Raiders will sell a minority partnership (about 10-15%) to some investors and move back to LA.

If the town will only go see a winner, I guess it means they'll be back in Oakland about 5-10 years after the move.