TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Here you go, Mr. TS:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/turbo-grafx/...uck/screenshots

Hotlinking isn't allowed or I would have just posted the pics here.

Looks cool, although the DW sprite seems a tad on the large side.

And source plz on Guilty Gear?

GameSpot who got in from GameFly. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core is in my Game Queue as of now.

Fuck you, The News Channel I'm all about the (hardly faultless) Fine Tune! www.finetune.com/wii

lets you type in your favorite artist and plays a streaming radio station of songs by that artist and from the genre.

Also that Darkwing Duck game is completely different. I want the Capcom Disney library on the VC so bad.

alright, so after looking through the dreamcast section on ign, I got to the old 1999 review of Sonic Adventure, a game that I really love. I got to thinking after seeing more reviews that I would give my left arm to play all these games again.

So what do you guys think - is it even possible technically to get Sega Dreamcast games on the Wii Virtual Console? I would buy like, every single game that would come out, and going by the huge Dreamcast fanbase, I wouldn't be alone.

Man.. I really want this to happen now...

Guest Princess Leena

Most DC games are bigger than the Wii's flash memory, so it's very unlikely. Plus, I doubt the Wii is strong enough to emulate DC games well, anyway.

Guest Smues
alright, so after looking through the dreamcast section on ign, I got to the old 1999 review of Sonic Adventure, a game that I really love. I got to thinking after seeing more reviews that I would give my left arm to play all these games again.

So what do you guys think - is it even possible technically to get Sega Dreamcast games on the Wii Virtual Console? I would buy like, every single game that would come out, and going by the huge Dreamcast fanbase, I wouldn't be alone.

Man.. I really want this to happen now...

They'd be too big to fit on the Wii's memory, and would fill SD cards pretty quickly.

Unlike every Nintendo home console prior, the Wii seems to lack an obvious expansion port for added hardware. So a hard drive attachment, while possible (there are 2 usb ports, and so far only the LAN adapter makes use of it), seems to not be in the cards.

However, anyone here who has used the Wii Shop can tell you that Nintendo could stand to improve it as it stands now before getting too far ahead of themselves.

Wii should be able to emulate DC fine. Sega's done several ports from DC to GC, and if it wasn't cheap and easy to do they wouldn't have bothered.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=12801

New York, NY - February 6, 2007 - Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Manhunt 2 for the PlayStation 2 system, PSP system, and Nintendo’s Wii™. Manhunt 2 is the debut title from the newly formed Rockstar London studio, which is developing the game in conjunction with series creator Rockstar North. The Wii™ version is being developed by Rockstar Toronto. Manhunt 2 will be available this summer.

“With Manhunt 2 we have tried to create a game that stays close to the original concept of chilling suspense and stealth, whilst pushing the game design and storytelling forward,” said Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games. “We are also excited to have our newest development team, Rockstar London, working on the title alongside our two established UK studios, Rockstar North and Leeds.”

There's a difference between porting games between systems and actually emulating the hardware. There were a lot of Genesis games ported to SNES. Could the SNES have run a Genesis emulator? I doubt it. I bet PS3 and Xbox 360 could run a DC emulator, but I don't think Wii could.

There's a difference between porting games between systems and actually emulating the hardware. There were a lot of Genesis games ported to SNES. Could the SNES have run a Genesis emulator? I doubt it. I bet PS3 and Xbox 360 could run a DC emulator, but I don't think Wii could.

"Porting" implies being able to actually reproduce the game without major changes/sacrifices. As opposed to a translation, which seeks to reproduce the feel and gameplay, often at the expense of other things. I can't think many/any Genesis game actually "ported" to SNES. Just delayed multi-platform releases where the games were still materially different (see: Ballz, Boogerman). Crap soundchip + faster processor vs. excellent soundchip + slower processor usually resulted in some recoding.

I do understand what you mean, though. Undoubtedly all of those games fall within spec as to make a GC port possible, but it doesn't mean the GC/Wii can directly emulate the hw making most/any of the games possible.

Ok so I've had my Wii and Twilight Princess since release, yet I have no more than 3 hours of playtime on TP. I'm not a Zelda fanatic, but I've always liked the games and this one is no exception. I can tell already that once I finish it I'll view it as one of the best games I've ever played. But, I can't seem to sit down for more than a short period of time and play it. I really want to get far and have a great time doing it, but I don't have the motivation. Can anyone help me?

There's a simple, old-fashioned way of doing it.

Ditch work/school for a day. :)

Oh, and some sales numeros--

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157002

Japan: Wii Outsells PS3 By Near 3:1 Ratio in January

Final Fantasy XIII would be great right...about...now.

By Patrick Klepek, 02/06/2007

Sony may have surpassed two million units shipped worldwide last month, but the company's sure taking a beating in Japan, courtesy of Wii. Enterbrain, Japan's largest magazine publisher, released collected sales data from the wintery month of January -- 405,000 Wiis sold to 148,000 PlayStation 3s -- and discovered Nintendo sold nearly three Wiis for every one PS3 that fell into consumers hands overseas.

Enterbrain expects Nintendo to keep their lead, and if PS3's sales don't start improving before 2006 is out, a price cut would be likely. "There could be a price cut for the PS3 by the end of the year, and more software titles will hit the market. I expect the PS3 to be doing better after a while," said Enterbrain President Hirokazu Hamamura.

We're still waiting on NPD Group data to see how the companies performed over here. Be still my fanboy heart.

Anya *really wants to see* the January numbers. Well, they're a coming, but for now there's Japan for you.

Fuck you, The News Channel I'm all about the (hardly faultless) Fine Tune! www.finetune.com/wii

lets you type in your favorite artist and plays a streaming radio station of songs by that artist and from the genre.

Wait what? Can you explain a little bit more?

Manhunt 2 is going to be very fun on the Wii, imagine using the Wii-remote to stab someone! Or bash them with a bat! Parents are going to love this one.

360 and PS3 get GTA IV....

Wii gets Manhunt 2?

That's kind of like a lottery where 1st and 2nd place both get the grand prize, and the first runner up gets...well, AIDS I guess.

Manhunt 2 is going to be very fun on the Wii, imagine using the Wii-remote to stab someone! Or bash them with a bat! Parents are going to love this one.

Wario Ware: Aggravated Assault

Just got a message wii-mailed to me about the wrist strap replacement program.

Nintendo mos def wants you to know about it.

Anyone else get this? Or maybe only the ones with earlier SNs?

Just got a message wii-mailed to me about the wrist strap replacement program.

Nintendo mos def wants you to know about it.

Anyone else get this? Or maybe only the ones with earlier SNs?

I got this, and for data's sake, I got my Wii on launch day.

Good info for people who live under a rock, but I already got my replacement straps.

Guest Princess Leena

Marvin can't swing the Wiimote though, since he's so fat.

I also got the blue light of awesomeness, so I assume the message went to everyone. I might as well get the new strap.

Somebody's begging for a big ol' crack in their HD set!

I have to play far enough away from my tv thats not a problem...and I have to sit in the floor since my tv is so close to the floor and the sensor bar, even on top of the tv, is too low when I stand up.

I never registered mine, nor do I have it hooked to the internet, so Nintendo will never tell me to get a new strap..haha!

Yes, I understand it after today. Go to that site, set up a profile, and start making a playlist. They've got a library that rivals the iTunes Music Store. The only catch is, you can't have more than 3 songs from an artist, and every playlist has to be 45 songs long. Then you pull up their Wii site (on the Wii), enter your user name, and the playlist plays over the Internet via the Wii/your TV speakers.

The other way is quicker but you don't get any choice in song. You can type in an artist (say Pearl Jam*), it will play a random Pearl Jam song followed by other grunge rock choices from bands like Nirvana and other grunge bands. That's what I meant by genre earlier.

*Whoever made the "Ed Vedder" Mii did an awesome job.

Yes, I understand it after today. Go to that site, set up a profile, and start making a playlist. They've got a library that rivals the iTunes Music Store. The only catch is, you can't have more than 3 songs from an artist, and every playlist has to be 45 songs long. Then you pull up their Wii site (on the Wii), enter your user name, and the playlist plays over the Internet via the Wii/your TV speakers.

The other way is quicker but you don't get any choice in song. You can type in an artist (say Pearl Jam*), it will play a random Pearl Jam song followed by other grunge rock choices from bands like Nirvana and other grunge bands. That's what I meant by genre earlier.

So after setting that up, can I exit the internet browser on my Wii and still listen to the songs or is it ment to be used while I'm using the Internet and only on the internet on my Wii?

Guest Princess Leena

Another fun site for the Wii is wiicade.com.

Curveball + Wiimote = Awesome.

So after setting that up, can I exit the internet browser on my Wii and still listen to the songs or is it ment to be used while I'm using the Internet and only on the internet on my Wii?

Unfortunately, you have to keep that page open for the music to play.