TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

http://wii.ign.com/articles/870/870953p1.html

Iwata sez:

(absolutely nothing interesting or definitive)

The problem with the teeny tiny bit of flash memory isn't just VC game storage. It's the inability to download Guitar Hero 3 song packs and other decent DLC. It's the fact that there is going to be ridiculous limits on sizes of WiiWare titles which have all but guaranteed that XBLA/PSN games like Bionic Commando remake is not going to see release on WiiWare.

Nintendo barely even seems to be at the point where they're admitting there is a problem.

The lack of DLC on GH3 pisses me off beyond repair. We we're promised January mother fuckers!

Am I to understand they've cut VC updates to 1 game a week? A scan of the wikipedia entry for "List of Virtual Console games (North America)" only lists Double Dragon for April 28th. That's pretty weak.

Usually it's two, but sometimes one. Wii Ware launches on the 12th, I wonder if they won't have any VC releases at all on weeks when there's a new Wii Ware game.

Before my Wifi adapter stopped working it was 3 games, and even at that I thought that was a pretty small amount for such a huge library. I knew it got cut down to 2, but ONE? Oh well.

Earthbound is coming!

Im willing to bet either this week coming or the following week, close to Mother's Day.

oh god

With the way the Japanese love lame puns, it wouldn't surprise me.

Well it was 3 this week.

That's great luke, but my complaint was about the NA VC content, not the UK distribution. NA only got Double Dragon on Monday. So enjoy your 3 VC titles while you can't play Smash Brothers!

Ouch, burn bro. Deep burn.

Bullshit, no Earthbound for us. And looking at the list of future releases for NA VC is bollocks, you guys have some awesome titles coming soon. Earthworm Jim, Boogerman, Sonic & Knuckles and Mercs!

Well it was 3 this week.

That's great luke, but my complaint was about the NA VC content, not the UK distribution. NA only got Double Dragon on Monday. So enjoy your 3 VC titles while you can't play Smash Brothers!

He's got better than Smash Bros. He'll be getting Cho Aniki!

Circuit city Next week:

LEGO Star Wars

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Mario & Sonic at the Olympics

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08

Mario Kart Wii

Buy one get one 1/2 off plus No More Heroes for $20

Nintendo Channel is live now.

Best part--downloading DS demos, FINALLY!!!

Playing the demo for Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword, it's really good.

Other demos are Flash Focus, Brain Age 2, Crosswords ds...zzzzz...

Er, Jam Sessions, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Cooking Mama 2 and Disney Friends.

You have to opt in to the anonymous data collection, though.

After downloading the new channel, I watched a trailer for Endless Ocean and seriously, what is the point of the game? Is it to just to explore under the ocean? Is that all you do?

I thought the same thing... what's the point?

The role playing game looked good that I watched the trailer for... I already forget the name though, so that's not a good sign. It looked like it combined the FF Tactics map/terrain battle system with more traditional role playing game battle.

The Wii Fit preview video had me drooling. I get more and more excited for everything I see about it.

After downloading the new channel, I watched a trailer for Endless Ocean and seriously, what is the point of the game? Is it to just to explore under the ocean? Is that all you do?

Yup.

The role playing game looked good that I watched the trailer for... I already forget the name though, so that's not a good sign. It looked like it combined the FF Tactics map/terrain battle system with more traditional role playing game battle.

The Wii Fit preview video had me drooling. I get more and more excited for everything I see about it.

It was Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn if it was a Wii game. If it was a DS game, there's about 20 of those all of a sudden, and they suck if they are not named Disgaea.

Am I the only person here who really wants Boom Blox?

I was looking over the reviews and everyone is saying its one of the best "casual games" out there and the physics engine behind the game is top notch.

Apparently I suck at stirring.

I have no idea how that is supposed to work. It's easier to hack up cannon fodder ninjas anyway.

Endless Ocean does indeed have some mission objectives, but the main point of it is exploring and observing. I've heard it referred to as an ocean-based Pilotwings, too. Nothing is trying to kill you; you're just meant to relax and discover.

What makes the game seem more pointless, it goes online! WHY!!!!!!!!!!?

WiiWare launch titles announced.

- Dr. Mario Online RX (1000 points)

- Lost Winds

- Defend Your Castle

- Critter Round-Up

- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King

Reminder that all of these come out next Monday

WiiWare launch titles announced.

- Dr. Mario Online RX (1000 points)

- Lost Winds

- Defend Your Castle

- Critter Round-Up

- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King

Reminder that all of these come out next Monday

Interesting. I'm thinking I'll probably only grab Dr. Mario & Life as a King out of that bunch. I heard there's a "zombies on a plane" kind of game being developed for WiiWare..

I saw a preview on IGN for a game called Animales de los Muertos that's a 3D zombie shooter where you control your character with the nunchuk and aim with the Wii remote. It looks pretty good. There are a lot of weapon options.