TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Graphic cards are definitely the worst part of the PC right now (for having to constantly upgrade). These days, a top of the end CPU might last 3-4 years as "high-end", but graphics cards tend to get improved upon on a yearly basis. And a top of the line card will run you $400-500, the price of an XBox 360 or PS3 :P

I was playing some Red Steel last night, If the aiming reticle was a lil better that game wouldve kicked some serious ass. I still liked it a lot thou.

Grr... they have Wii Play already. :( And Super Swing Golf. :(

I've heard lots of people mentioning Wii Play in passing, and all I know is that it comes with a Wiimote. What is it exactly? A Wii Sports expansion, basically?

We're a week away from the releases of Elebits, Super Swing Golf, and Far Cry Vengeance.

GameFAQs is saying 12/14 for Metal Slug. What the feh? I'll totally get it, though.

I got my Wii today from work three days early and for (with discount and store credit) for £122.77.

Its awesome, but cause i got it early, i have machine and wii sports. I cant even buy and points yet. We sould be getting zelda in tommorow and im planning on getting Wii Play too.

Im still trying to work things out, you guys are talking about Wii numbers and i have no idea where to get them from or anything.

The Wii Number is basically your Wii's code that you use to connect with other folks, to send miis/messages/photos/eventually play online with.

To get yours, click on the envelope on the main menu, then Create Message, then click on the envelope.

Guest Princess Leena
I've heard lots of people mentioning Wii Play in passing, and all I know is that it comes with a Wiimote. What is it exactly? A Wii Sports expansion, basically?

We're a week away from the releases of Elebits, Super Swing Golf, and Far Cry Vengeance.

Wii Play is a lot like Wii Sports. A lot of "tech demo"-like mini games, and it uses the Miis. There's ping pong, pool, air hockey, shooting, etc...

I know that probably won't be interesting to most, but considering you get a free controller, the game is $10. And ping pong might be really fun.

Sony Acknowledges Wii as a Fun, Intuitive Product

PlayStation 3 and WiiBut still sees PlayStation 3 as clear leader

While Nintendo fans across Europe and Oceania will be out looking for a Wii this week, Sony fans will have to wait patiently for PlayStation 3’s release in March. The Sydney Morning Herald speaks with Nic Foster, general manager for Sony Australia and New Zealand, about the waiting game the company’s loyalists must play.

Despite the delay, Foster doesn't believe this delay will have a significant impact on the PS3's position in the Australian market thanks to Sony’s console having far more uses than just as a gaming machine. “The Wii-type functionality is more just a sub-element of what the PlayStation 3 offers,” he said in an interview.

Foster then goes on to describe Nintendo’s product. “Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up, where the PS3 is a broader entertainment solution; so you can have your fun, enjoyable gaming ... but then you have a whole suite of other applications ... such as Blu-ray media playback, the ability to access your music, access your photos and the interoperability with the PlayStation Portable.”

He then concludes that gamers who are looking for the complete experience will eventually own both devices. Given the tone of Sony leaders in Japan and America, the rather benevolent attitude expressed from Down Under comes as a bit of a surprise.

Make no mistake though; Sony in Australia still firmly believes its machine has a huge leg up on the Xbox 360 thanks to its inclusion of the Blu-ray drive – the very device that is causing the system’s short supply. Paul Holman of Sony Europe shared the same sentiment, saying that adding high-definition storage as a peripheral instead of out-of-the-box is a messy proposition.

The Nintendo Wii launches in Australia and New Zealand on December 7th and in most parts of Europe on December 8. The PlayStation 3 is expected in those territories in March 2007.

Neither Sony or MS (currently) see Nintendo as a big threat--and of course there's Peter's Wii60 notion.

Still, it seems at least Reggie's hopes are coming to fruition--Wii accessories are *gone* everywhere I've seen. Wii Points cards, Wiimotes, nunchucks, classic controllers--poof. Pretty much the only things left over are those lame controller gloves. And out of those, I'm just seeing lots of pink ones.

And ping pong might be really fun.

I read a review that said that was the weak link in the game. All the other games are good though. I should know by tomorrow.

Guest Princess Leena

Son of a fuck, there's already losers camping out at Walmart.

God, I hate people.

God, I hate people.

Really? There's still people lining up for a Wii more than 2 weeks after launch? Does that usually happen with console launches?

I went to Walmart-land like at 1 last night to buy some presents and there where like 10-15 people already lined up for them, some of the first people in line snatched all the extra wiimotes and chucks. I hope you find one Lee!

God, I hate people.

Yeah it sucks that people want something so bad that they are willing to *gasp* work for it.

Have fun when you get yours after X-mas.

oh come on Blue...there's working for something and then there's being ridiculous!

Just to fuck with people, they should wait until about noon to put the Wiis out on the floor.

Well, I know its ridiculous. I felt pretty silly being there so early in the morning but it was on a weekend and it was freaking worth it cuz i have one now and a lot of people dont so i dont care. i wouldnt have done that if it was on a weekday because of work and im not gonna loose sleep and come to work tired, cant afford to make mistakes. Most of the people that are camping out or we are parents that are trying to please their kids.

I'd probably go about an hour before open...store opens at 8, I'd be there at 7, probably...THAT'S IT!

oh andyeah, it'd definitely have to be on the weekend...I'm not taking off work for it or anything like that!

Guest Princess Leena

Missed by 3 people at the ghetto Walmart this morning. :( If I went there at 7:30, I probably would have got it, too. But, I definitely was not going to stand in line outside that store, so, oh well.

But, I may be able to get one soon if my friend at Gamestop gets any shipments. However, that will be tough.

Yeah it sucks that people want something so bad that they are willing to *gasp* work for it.

Have fun when you get yours after X-mas.

Judging by most of those people, I don't think "work" is in their vocabulary.

And I thought I put that on ignore. Ugh.

Sorry u missed it, Supposedly theres buzz around the net of a restock for next week.

Guest Princess Leena

Meh. I'm not bothering anymore until January. There's no rush since there isn't "must have" titles for months.

The entire half hour I was at Walmart, TRU, and the game store in the mall, people were calling about Wii's. This will never end.

Oh, and for people looking for the classic controllers, every time I've went to TRU, they've had bunches of them. For whatever reason, TRU is the place to go for accessories. For any system.

Ive been looking for the motes everywhere and no luck, ima hit the local TRU and see if I luck out. Thanks

Ive been looking for the motes everywhere and no luck, ima hit the local TRU and see if I luck out. Thanks

Try your local Targets, all Target stores have recieved their second shipment of Wiimotes this week.

Lushus, Yeah it is kinda ridiculous, but to expect a HOT christmas item to be readily availible is also kinda ridiculous. And work was probably a poor choice of words.

Guest Princess Leena

They didn't have the Wiimotes... I never see them anywhere. Had a handful of Nunchuks, though.

That's why I'm waiting for Wii Play. Might even get a few of them.

Guest Smues

gamestop.com has nunchuks and classic controllers instock at the moment. Limit 1 per person sadly or I'd have just ordered 3 nunchuks and been done with it.

Guest Princess Leena

I also want to comment that people are still re-selling the Wii on eBay are pathetic losers.

Now, the PS3, I can understand. As you can make some decent cash. Or, could, at least.

But, most standard Wii systems go for around $400. After taxes and eBay fees, you're lucky if you're making $100. And if you're queuing all night, you could make more an hour working a minimum wage job. There were idiots in the line gloating about this, too. One of the soccer moms got snippy about it.