TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Guest Princess Leena

VC is a ripoff. And used to take advantage of stupid people. $5 for Baseball and Soccer already? Meh.

VC is a ripoff. And used to take advantage of stupid people. $5 for Baseball and Soccer already? Meh.

Just don't get those games then.

I'm tempted to get Altered Beast or Super Mario 64 or Sim city but everything else is sorta "Meh". I think the first thing I'll get it is Sim city.

I got to try out the Internet Browser for the first time today and its ok. I really don't have much need since my laptop is in my room but I'll keep it on there anyways. Web browsing is pretty easy but if you don't have a big tv, you have to zoom in...a lot. The only problem I had with it was that my Wii froze on me while using the browser, that didn't make me a happy Scroby. Luckily nothing else like that has happen yet.

Guest Smues

So far I've gotten Bonk, Sim City, and Mario 64. When I get back home I'll be getting R-Type, Castlevania, and probably Toe Jam and Earl. What I'm really waiting for are Mario Kart 64 and Mario RPG next year.

VC can be a good value, depending on what you get. Mario 64 I think is worth it, because it looks better than the original, plays better with the GC controller, and you don't have to hook up your N64.

Altered Beast is and was pretty much a Genesis tech demo. Graphics were good at the time and digitized speech was a rare treat. However, the gameplay itself is trumped by many superior NES games. Annoying forced-scroll crap through the entire game, you just have to collect orbs and stay alive. It's repetitive battling enemies that jump on screen really fast and rush off, while your own collision sucks, and your attacks are awkward--what is with that crouching kick? The game is like 10 minutes long, too. Sega themselves are convinced the game isn't worth any money, because it was a free pack-in, sometimes it's tossed in as compilation filler, but no one is demanding a remake (although the next gen sequel failed Sony's approval process and didn't make it out of Japan).

Except for Toejam and Gunstar, all of the Sega games are just shovelware that is already available on the Sega Genesis Collection. For 20 dollars no less! Ristar, Phantasy Star IV, Comix Zone, Golden Ax, etc. with 3 save slots each, progressive scan output, and better-than-Genesis sound for 20 bones sure beats the VC price. Although honestly, there are very few Genesis games I'd pay 8 bucks for anyway.

Hello Nintendo, please add Ogre Battle 64 and Paper Mario to the VC. Thank you.

You have fine taste, sir. I still break out my N64 for the sole purpose of playing Ogre Battle 64 every once in a while.

Hello Nintendo, please add Ogre Battle 64 and Paper Mario to the VC. Thank you.

Well, they'd have to work out the former with Enix.

However, Paper Mario being released about a month before Super Paper Mario would be very synergistic.

At first I thought my Wii was bugged, I couldn't get past the Choose Language screen. I didn't have the sensor bar plugged in, lol.

Then I was putting Discs in backwards and it wouldn't play.

I'm all good now, these sports games give you a workout if you go all out, made my first Mii guy, and am now attempting to solve the Curse of the Nonconnecting Wireless Internet.

I have Sports, Ultimate Marvel Alliance (I'm a huge comic mark), Zelda, and Red Steel. Only played sports.

Guest Princess Leena

Don't feel bad, I've read hundreds of people who've done the same things.

At first I thought my Wii was bugged, I couldn't get past the Choose Language screen. I didn't have the sensor bar plugged in, lol.

I'm all good now, these sports games give you a workout if you go all out, made my first Mii guy, and am now attempting to solve the Curse of the Nonconnecting Wireless Internet.

I have Sports, Ultimate Marvel Alliance (I'm a huge comic mark), Zelda, and Red Steel. Only played sports.

What Non-connecting to the wireless internet problems are you having?

If your using a wireless router and your Wii won't connect to it, try switching your wireless router to 1 or 11. Apprently those are the channels the Wii reconize.

What Non-connecting to the wireless internet problems are you having?

If your using a wireless router and your Wii won't connect to it, try switching your wireless router to 1 or 11. Apprently those are the channels the Wii reconize.

The Wii prefers to look at 1 or 11 because of less interference on those channels; but it can accept a signal on any channel. But seriously, switch it to 1 or 11, that's what I did. Works perfectly now.

Just got my replacement strap for the Wiimote in the mail. The string is WAY more thicker and stronger compared to the one that came with the system. It's great. I ordered it just to have it. I haven't thrown my controller like the idiots out there. With the strap comes a little message on "Safety with the Wii Remote"...telling you things like "all you have to do is let go of the B button in bowling, not the controller itself"..and stuff like that.

All of my nieces and nephews tried out my Wii during Christmas, and it was a huge hit. My niece did let go of the controller once, but she had the strap (that came with the controller) on so it didn't damage anything, so I've seen first hand how it is indeed possible. I haven't done it myself, but I can understand more clearly now that I own a Wii, and now that I've seen her do it, how it's possible.

Got my replacement straps, too. It's a sturdy as I'll even need 'em, but maybe not for everyone....

If they get much thicker I won't be able to get it on. :P

Although I honestly don't see how Nintendo can possibly warn you any more. I'm getting spammed because a bunch of people happened to be retards while playing a game. Doh.

I got to play one tonight, months before I expected to even lay my mitts on it. I did all the different Sports games and am pretty much in love. It sucked when making the real motions for say, golf or baseball lead to poor results but otherwise I had a complete blast.

And the most encouraging thing during the entire experience was the system suggesting a break and showing a picture of an open window. Awesome.

I got to play one tonight, months before I expected to even lay my mitts on it. I did all the different Sports games and am pretty much in love. It sucked when making the real motions for say, golf or baseball lead to poor results but otherwise I had a complete blast.

And the most encouraging thing during the entire experience was the system suggesting a break and showing a picture of an open window. Awesome.

My friends loved that picture too. They had a great laugh out of it.

So 4 player Red Steel turned out to be way more fun than I expected based on the reviews. Me and my friends just couldn't stop playing tonight. Not the greatest controls, but better aiming than an analog stick in my opinion. And when you're relatively close too another player you do a motion with the nunchuck to charge them and knock them out which is insanely fun.

The depth of villains you fight in MAU is thus far cool. The friggin' Winter Soldier? Moon Knight Vs. Fing Fang Foom? Gameplay reeks of X-Men Legends too much, but if you're game, you can avoid hitting B/Z etc. and swing around the controller to do specials.

Cut scenes are awesome.

The detailed "little things" are funny. For example walking around Stark Tower some chick's voice on the PA: "Attention, Mr. Johnny Storm would like to announce Ben Grimm's 65th birthday. Happy birthday, Mister Grimm!"

Apparently it could DETECT my wireless router but the signal wasn't able to reach the Wii to update.

I bought the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector (Nintendo DS packaging) and installed it to my computer, right near the Wii, and everything is fine.

Got Zelda '87, Mario 64, and one more to come.

Watching music videos on my TV. I love this thing. :)

Surprisingly, Pokemon Battle Revolution has only sold 125,000 copies in Japan during its two weeks of release. Pokemon is still a huge deal over there (the new games for DS have sold 4.3 million copies in three months) but for whatever reason it's not selling big on Wii. By comparison, Wii Sports and Wii Play have both sold almost half a million. Granted, they had a two week lead, but still..........it's Pokemon. In Japan! Big deal? Maybe not.

Maybe that Japanese prefer Pokemon as a "travel" game (road trips, school, grandma's house) and aren't thrilled with playing it on the TV. Hogging up the TV for a game as extensive and endless as Pokemon can be an issue.

See: Poke'mon Stadium

Hey Andrew i saw your req and accepted it i just havent gotten a chance to add you, or pretty much any1 else, i added the first few people and so far i only have Thoth as a friend. I will add every1 tonite.

How would you play Pokemon on the Wii?

Ironically, I believe you use the DS as a controller. So unless there's some main storyline, people would essentially just be paying to battle in online 3D, when they can already battle online on their DS. If this is the case, the sales don't suprise me.